Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    So you are saying modern datacenters don't use USV? Even if you have a complete power outage and you're power backup fails, shouldn't your USV be running long enough to give the Admins enough time for a clean shutdown?
    In this case the UPS failed for some unspecified reason. The servers crashed "hard", and transaction logs were lost.
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. What have you done with your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    In this case the UPS failed for some unspecified reason. The servers crashed "hard", and transaction logs were lost.
    So the UPS is their backup power? Glad we still host our IT-Infrastructure ourselves then, lol. Longest power outage we had that I can remember was 7 hours, without any servers shutting down.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

This is what they used as back up power source

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    So the UPS is their backup power? Glad we still host our IT-Infrastructure ourselves then, lol. Longest power outage we had that I can remember was 7 hours, without any servers shutting down.
    Turbine didn't say precisely, nor would I expect them to. UPS, Motor generators, etc., all failed to supply enough power for a controlled shutdown.
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. What have you done with your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibowskij View Post

hahahahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Zibowskij View Post

Hehe nice. That explains why we didn't get any updates on ETA. They were all to busy.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

I "lost" about 15 mins. Fortunately I wasn't doing anything in that time but chatting and leveling my cleric from 9 to 10.
    As far as I could tell (I was bit busy getting ready for work, so only took a glimpse at my char) she's fine and all invetory is there. The only strange thing is that she has a tales of valor item in her inventory. First time I see such an item in the inventory (it was the end reward of a quest I completed before).

It seems I got lucky. I hope all you guys don't run into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkleNymphe View Post
    I "lost" about 15 mins. Fortunately I wasn't doing anything in that time but chatting and leveling my cleric from 9 to 10.
    As far as I could tell (I was bit busy getting ready for work, so only took a glimpse at my char) she's fine and all invetory is there. The only strange thing is that she has a tales of valor item in her inventory. First time I see such an item in the inventory (it was the end reward of a quest I completed before).

It seems I got lucky. I hope all you guys don't run into problems.
    Yep, people I've been in touch with agree about 15 minutes of play time was lost. I wasn't in a quest, fortunately. Those who were are going to be understandably upset if it takes away a completion.

Well, I checked the character I'd been on because I had just reset some enhancements and did a bit of re-gearing.

Lost the Star of Day I'd traded for.
    My enhancements all needed to be re-spec'd.

I have NO IDEA if I'm short the plat I spent to reset AP - but not really worried overmuch about it. The Star of is a bit of a downer, as it was a decent combo. I traded again (twice) and got fairly poor ones. Ah well, may put in a ticket on that ... but probably not.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

Next time people on the forum complain about the use of the term "scheduled" (as in, "scheduled downtime" notified within one hour of the event), I'll point them to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Otto's Boxes for everyone?
    Only if I can have yours. You have enough lives already, SPREAD THE WEALTH!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Seems like about 5 minutes were lost. I had just finished a CitW when the game crashed. I logged on today and had none of the loot from the six chests but I did get the completion, which tells me it wasn't more than a few minutes.

A pinion and celestia dropped and both were put up for roll. Pinion was looted but the servers crashed before the celestia got passed to the winner. I feel sorry for the people who won the rolls. That's frustrating.

EDIT: Also remember seeing a 3->4 upgrade dex tome.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Most

Most Internet pops I worked on in college had disel generators with only a 12 hour capacity for when the power went out. Always struck me as as low since the generators held so much fuel. However, the battery rooms are massive and they typically have 4 giant air conditioning units per floor. If you're curious all power inside these pops are DC.

I'm sure data centers have some sort of backup that might not last the lenght of the power cut.

Community Member

I logged back in with a Tales of Valor in my backpack. Listed it on the ASAH both to see if someone would buy it and to see if when I get it out of the mail I get the renown.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12