Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Why can't they give an eta? It's rude.

I mean if my computer freezes and some one asks me how long it will take to restart and re log into the game, I would guess about 150 seconds.

Now I may be a little off one way or the other, but I would be giving a ball park.

With the servers down many many hours the least they could have said was "hours".

This was my day off and only some days off I get to and set time aside to play.

I have no idea if restarting the servers takes 5 minutes or 2 days.... but I bet you turbine people know.

If I would have known it would be over 5 hours, hell even over one hour, I would have decided to do some thing else. But yes, I was planning to play and get to level 20 tonight, but now it's too late.

It would have been nice.... not, it would have been decent and expected to have gotten some sort of eta.

Are you too lazy and too rude to not take the 20 seconds it would take to give an aprox eta?

There is not excuse for a company behaving like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    I mean if my computer freezes and some one asks me how long it will take to restart and re log into the game, I would guess about 150 seconds.

Now I may be a little off one way or the other, but I would be giving a ball park.

With the servers down many many hours the least they could have said was "hours".

I have no idea if restarting the servers takes 5 minutes or 2 days.... but I bet you turbine people know.

If I would have known it would be over 5 hours, hell even over one hour, I would have decided to do some thing else. But yes, I was planning to play and get to level 20 tonight, but now it's too late.

It would have been nice.... not, it would have been decent and expected to have gotten some sort of eta.

Are you too lazy and too rude to not take the 20 seconds it would take to give an aprox eta?

I can see the rage now...

Turbine gives ETA of X amount of hours

X amount of hours passes more rage

just relax the servers will be back up sometime in the future.

They should have the courtesy to give us updates on there own forums and not on facebook though. =(

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Default I agree

Servers been down for 7+ hours and a dev hasn't posted about it on the forums. That's pretty bad.

they can't give an eta because they don't have one, it's as simple as that. There are multiple steps they are needing to go through at this point, including checking hardware, swapping any hardware that needs swapping because of the power outage, bringing up servers, databases, any one of which can have issues since the VMs didn't get a proper shutdown. Once they are close enough to give an eta, they'll either give it or they will just bring up the servers because everything in the process just magically works.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Community Member

Because they were watching the Broncos beat the Chiefs, go Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Sehenry03 View Post
    They should have the courtesy to give us updates on there own forums and not on facebook though. =(
    their website was down and was not allowing logins until recently.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

If anything in the game goes down its a safer bet just to go do something else, constantly checking if its up is not going to be good for your blood pressure.

for me I have not been able to log into the forums only view them for hours.

we already know turbine uses facebook and twitter to update at least there is info somewhere.

Default Just able to log in, worlds are closed atm

Just able to log in, worlds are closed atm. 11 cst
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    If anything in the game goes down its a safer bet just to go do something else, constantly checking if its up is not going to be good for your blood pressure.
    but I like +2 stacking blood pressure bonus every 15 seconds

I have been able to post for a long time. Stop saying maybe they can't log onto the forums because TONS of people are. I don't expect a total rundown but give me a little bit of info and let us know the gist of things. Would take someone 2 min to do it. I have no issues with a power outage causing these problems, my issue is the toal lack of respect and consideration for the DDO fanbase. Go ahead and put it on facebook and twitter but for crying out loud put it on your own dang forums first. Use your own personal laptop and do it I dont care.

Toons - Ziffin / Hirtz / Mheka / Duskh
    Guild - High Lords of Malkier
    Server - Sarlona

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    their website was down and was not allowing logins until recently.
    May be. But they also have Twitter and Facebook pages for spreading the word. There's no excuse.

You have to wonder how low a bid they got from a datacenter that can be put down by a "power outage." They can't afford a back-up power genny? If it was more than just the power, they should have said so. As it is, this is a huge steaming pile of ghostbane.

It seems to be the case that they [Turbine] never get their ghostbane back together in a timely fashion on weekends. Is this because they won't shell out overtime, or because their salaried workers are so dedicated to their jobs and their game community?

Community Member

The woman is out with the girls.

I ordered a pizza the way I like it.

I finished everything I had to do yesterday.

Now I can see the power goes out... That sucks.

I can see the backup doesn't work... Wow, bad luck.

But they say the power is back on and they just have to restart servers... Well about how long does that take?

That is all I am saying.

I am sure they know "about" how long that takes.

AND if they hit another snag in the road say this....

"We are restarting the servers and running tests. We expect this will take between 3 and 5 hours if nothing unexpected happens."

Then I know to check in in a couple hours....

If they hit another problem they can just TAKE THE 20 SECONDS TO POST AN UPDATED E T A.

I have been able to post for a long time. Stop saying maybe they can't log onto the forums because TONS of people are. I don't expect a total rundown but give me a little bit of info and let us know the gist of things. Would take someone 2 min to do it. I have no issues with a power outage causing these problems, my issue is the toal lack of respect and consideration for the DDO fanbase. Go ahead and put it on facebook and twitter but for crying out loud put it on your own dang forums first. Use your own personal laptop and do it I dont care.
    for every TONS of people are there are TONS who could not

the 2 minute forum update would take a Dev who was unable to log into the forums how long of sitting and trying to long on instead of fixing the problem

Default worlds down?... now,

what a tease....login screen showed up for use at least

Because the hosted datacenter that the servers are in took a power hit and the backup power failed, the entire DDO infrastructure likely took a hard down (yanking the power cords on 100's of servers). This is what we call "Very bad."

Once the actual physical systems have power available, they're going to have to start bringing them back online a bit at a time to ensure what is not corrupted or damaged.

You're going to have power supplies and drive arrays that don't come back properly, individual disks and local controllers that have never been fully powered down in 1-3 years which will have issues.

Networking looks to have checked out (that's my gig)... I say that because the launcher is back and we can see the servers are all in the "Down" state which means that the systems guys have been working and they've actually got a large portion of the back end databases up including the account login systems from the front end back through user authentication. We can see partway into what we all know as "The Server".

In any case, expect a hour or two more so they can verify all the character DBs, public and quest instance hosts and then run the test scripts for all the interactions (inventory interaction, XP interaction, purchases, respecs, level up, quest success, XP and loot systems, death system etc., etc.).

It dwarfs "How long does my PC take to reboot". Give all those systems guys some time, they're working their asses off and are going to have a really short night, believe me.

Kraki

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    but I like +2 stacking blood pressure bonus every 15 seconds

Touché

Professional Noob.

Default no power outages ,storms,have full internet

just no ddo all day

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    May be. But they also have Twitter and Facebook pages for spreading the word. There's no excuse.

You have to wonder how low a bid they got from a datacenter that can be put down by a "power outage." They can't afford a back-up power genny? If it was more than just the power, they should have said so. As it is, this is a huge steaming pile of ghostbane.

It seems to be the case that they [Turbine] never get their ghostbane back together in a timely fashion on weekends. Is this because they won't shell out overtime, or because their salaried workers are so dedicated to their jobs and their game community?
    and they posted an update then went to work on the problem how many times you want them to stop working on fixing to give you an update?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast