Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member schelsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    468

    Default Lev 24 Iessin Best Rogue Hireling Cant Handle EE Locks and Spellwards?

    Can we get a hireling that can do EE tasks? Level 24 hireling Iessin isnt up to it. Isnt it time for lev 27 or 28 Rogue hire?
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post
    Can we get a hireling that can do EE tasks? Level 24 hireling Iessin isnt up to it. Isnt it time for lev 27 or 28 Rogue hire?
    Epic Elite is designed to challenge player characters in all aspects, from locks to combat. Some quests that are more combat oriented can be done with especially great solo play, but ones that require skills will require superior DCs that hirelings will never be designed to muster. You'll see this on Epic Hard where hirelings that match the quest level will struggle to disable things. This is especially pronounced with Update 19 changes.

    Because of the nature of EE, I'm sure this is working as intended. You'll need a player Rogue in party that's capable.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  3. #3
    Community Member Zzevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Epic Elite is designed to challenge player characters in all aspects, from locks to combat. Some quests that are more combat oriented can be done with especially great solo play, but ones that require skills will require superior DCs that hirelings will never be designed to muster. You'll see this on Epic Hard where hirelings that match the quest level will struggle to disable things. This is especially pronounced with Update 19 changes.

    Because of the nature of EE, I'm sure this is working as intended. You'll need a player Rogue in party that's capable.

    Using that stance as your basic belief... your saying Hireling Clerics and FS shouldn't be able to cast any healing spells either. If you NEED to have a class in your party, you're saying these other hirelings are the ones that are broken? Because that's what they are used to do and they provide their service to anyone who pays the platt or TP to use their services...

  4. #4
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    I agree that Epic Elite is intended to be a challenge. I also agree that a level 24 Hireling Rogue which is not equipped with all the "Best" gear in the game, may in fact struggle with EE content above base Level 22.

    I've seen this with the lower level hirelings having difficulty in quests where the base level +2 exceeds their Character level.

    Outside of recommending buffing your hireling to the nines I'm not sure if a level 24 Hireling Rogue would be adequate for quests 26+. I agree this could potentially be solved with higher level hirelings.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,739

    Default

    Just spit-balling as someone else mentioned but thoughts include bard skill song if available, monk fire/light/fire finisher, monk void/light/void finisher (if it still exists in the new system), GH, Fox's Cunning, Augment Summoning as a feat or from an item, and lastly possibly druid past lives to boost the hire even more. Not saying that would do it but I'd be curious whether that would cut it or not.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I agree that Epic Elite is intended to be a challenge. I also agree that a level 24 Hireling Rogue which is not equipped with all the "Best" gear in the game, may in fact struggle with EE content above base Level 22.

    I've seen this with the lower level hirelings having difficulty in quests where the base level +2 exceeds their Character level.

    Outside of recommending buffing your hireling to the nines I'm not sure if a level 24 Hireling Rogue would be adequate for quests 26+. I agree this could potentially be solved with higher level hirelings.
    True. To point my opinion more in favor of the OP, a handful of L26 or greater hirelings would be practical to have in game. Not everyone's in a guild, nor does everyone join PUGs. Some solo support should always be handy, especially if the quest involves required traps or locks that must be removed to proceed.

    But this is based on difficulty, not excellence. Epic Elite shows you cannot truly "pay to win" in this game. A EE-capable hireling would be, in my opinion, overpowered. So an L28 hireling should be able to complete a Normal quest without issue, an eH with some difficulty, but rarely or ever an EE. It's meant to be hard there.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  7. #7
    Community Member schelsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    468

    Default Capable Rogue Hire is Needed - Bell of Opening is Pay To Win...

    EE solo is very difficult, takes me hours to complete. Adding a capable EE rogue isnt going to hurt the difficulty much at all. I just want an alternative to PTW Bell of Opening. If you can buy your way through any locked door or chest with the Bell of Opening, then certainly having a hire which can do the same is reasonable. I mean you do have to keep the the rogue hire alive to get to the target lock. That in and of itself is some task in EE. But TP your self a Bell of Opening? Thats PTW.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

  8. #8
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,701

    Default

    Iselin is a failure, after U19.
    He can't even find boxes in EE lvl20 quest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload