Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What the heck did you people do?

So I logged into my Favored Soul on Ghallanda and decided to use the free LR token to shift a few things around. BEFORE the token, she was 2,700 xp from level 17. AFTER the token, she is back at the BEGINNING of level 16. There had better be a SERIOUSLY good explanation coming VERY soon from a dev, or expect your phone lines at Turbine to be burning up until there is!

ouch!!

Yeah, not a very happy camper right now! It's one thing to "re-vamp" stuff, it is another thing entirely to STEAL xp from our characters!

The experience for leveling was changed, in total TR lives require less xp, but there are levels that require more. For a regular toon at one of those levels they would just have the additional xp tacked on to the end and not lose any progress. However, in your case, using the LR caught you up to exactly the same amount of xp that you had prior to the LR, which wasn't enough to level to what you had before.
    Last edited by Saravis; 11-17-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Community Member

Keep in mind that you used to lose xp when you died. You aren't scaring them.
    Eternal Wrath - Kages - Prototypes - Rest ful - Musei - Dizafrabdont - Enkou - Kagehissori - many more"To be human is to have the freedom to control one's own fate." ~Karl Marx~

According to the new xp curve, I actually had enough xp to be level 18, but was still showing as 2,700 xp shy of level 17. I have no issues with the new xp curve. My issue is that when you LR on a character who has NEVER TRd, you shouldn't lose xp just because you are using a toll they GAVE us in the game as a way to fix things we feel didn't work out quite right for our toons. I put time and effort into this character, 2 things I don't have in abundance these days, and to be robbed of that progress in this manner is BOTH unacceptable AND immoral! It's not my fault they didn't iron out all the bugs before it went live, but I'm not going to just roll over and cave because it's the "Almighty Turbine" either!

And then to have an admin person tell me that I lost no xp IN GAME, when it is CLEAR that there is a BIG difference between the beginning of a level and the end of it! Cover your own butts Turbine, but you are full of it and I have had it to my limit with your ****!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild2013 View Post
    And then to have an admin person tell me that I lost no xp IN GAME, when it is CLEAR that there is a BIG difference between the beginning of a level and the end of it! Cover your own butts Turbine, but you are full of it and I have had it to my limit with your ****!
    You lost no xp the levels require different amounts now then before if you hadn't LR'd you wouldn't have lost a level since they let people remain at whatever level they were at even if they no longer had enough xp for that level, it was a shock to me at first getting several bubbles on my xp track but getting no enhancement points by doing so until I looked into it.

Beware the Sleepeater

The problem with that thought is this:

The new XP curve requires LESS XP between levels than the former one did. Therefore, we should be GAINING ranks, not losing them! ESPECIALLY in a first life character!

However, Turbine both refuses to admit to this or fix the problem!

It was hard enough getting this character to that point the first time, but to have to re-grind a level because of TURBINE'S mistake! Someone needs to beat the person who keeps covering their c-r-a-p up! The sad thing, not only will Turbine never admit their fault in this XP loss, they will NEVER fix it either (because you can't fix what according to them has never happened right?)!

I'm just tired of their lies, BS and unwillingness to fix their mistakes before they compound them with new ones!

The problem with that thought is this:

The new XP curve requires LESS XP between levels than the former one did. Therefore, we should be GAINING ranks, not losing them! ESPECIALLY in a first life character!

However, Turbine both refuses to admit to this or fix the problem!

It was hard enough getting this character to that point the first time, but to have to re-grind a level because of TURBINE'S mistake! Someone needs to beat the person who keeps covering their c-r-a-p up! The sad thing, not only will Turbine never admit their fault in this XP loss, they will NEVER fix it either (because you can't fix what according to them has never happened right?)!

I'm just tired of their lies, BS and unwillingness to fix their mistakes before they compound them with new ones!
    I understand your frustration but I fear that in your anger your perception may be clouded. I as well have a character with level 18 which I think had banked XP for 19. When I logged it I saw that I was only a sliver away from 19 and the blue icon claiming that I had enough to level up. Lucky I had from a gold and silver roll some XP tokens in the bank and ate them.
    Curiously however it claimed that I am 17 and eating it would bring me e.g. 2000 XP away from 18. Didn't gave it much notice till the point I ate the second one and the XP rolled over and I was level 18 instead of 19.

Problem is that I can't say for certainty that I lost something as I hadn't wrote down the XP I had on this char before the update went live and I haven't played this character neither much. Due to the fact that we not loose XP but being in a XP debt at certain levels it could be just a display bug that claimed I was 18, or miss-perception on my side. However to shout out lies just because the GM told you that from what he can see you haven't lost anything nor are there any reports of isn't the right way to solve it.

In doubt and if you really think there went something wrong the GM can't help you anyway. In this case file a bug report and describe your scenario and eventually you get your character fixed. So yes maybe there is an issue with players that banked XP before the update taht needs Dev attention. On the other side with the changed XP curve and increased XP in certain quests it's meanwhile far less of a paint to get those XP to reach level 20.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

IIRC, for first life characters if you were under level sixteen the XP per level was lowered and you may have gained ranks/levels without gaining XP. If you were over level sixteen the XP/level was raised and you would be further from gaining ranks/levels without losing XP or levels. Without LRing you won't actually lose any levels you already had, as moving the XP/level wouldn't remove a level, but by LRing you reset everything and would have lost a level if the old and unchanged amount of XP wasn't enough to reach the new XP needed to make your previous level anymore.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

What is missing here is the total number of xp before and after the lr. If that didn't change, regardless of the position you were at in a level/rank, then no, you didn't lost any xp. If it did drop, then I can agree you lost it and it should be fixed. But that isn't mentioned anywhere, just a lot of confusion it seems between new and old leveling rank positions.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Yeah, not a very happy camper right now! It's one thing to "re-vamp" stuff, it is another thing entirely to STEAL xp from our characters!
    new policy "give a little TAKE A LOT"...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    IIRC, for first life characters if you were under level sixteen the XP per level was lowered and you may have gained ranks/levels without gaining XP. If you were over level sixteen the XP/level was raised and you would be further from gaining ranks/levels without losing XP or levels. Without LRing you won't actually lose any levels you already had, as moving the XP/level wouldn't remove a level, but by LRing you reset everything and would have lost a level if the old and unchanged amount of XP wasn't enough to reach the new XP needed to make your previous level anymore.
    this information is incorrect the xp for first life character was never changed it was stated for only TR characters of 2nd or more lives.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    this information is incorrect the xp for first life character was never changed it was stated for only TR characters of 2nd or more lives.
    The total amount of xp was not changed but the distribution was. 1st life toons now need less xp from levels 1-14 but more from levels 15-19.

This post has a nice summary.
    Last edited by Krelar; 11-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.

It's funny because my 3rd life Rogue lost xp when it hit 13, it lost a full level of xp, how is that for a new xp curve and now you can figure out how much xp that is. I put in 3 tickets and in the need I had to suck it up buy a pot and redo all my level 10 content that I already ran for BB. They are just making it easier to move along to another mmo because this one is riddled with bugs and tons of lag.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vampiregoat69 View Post
    The total amount didn't change, but the amount needed for each level did. See this: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eded-per-level

Ninjaed!

There is a really quick fix to this problem. Run some quests. If you'd been running quests for as long as you'd been raging in this thread, you'd be capped by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    There is a really quick fix to this problem. Run some quests. If you'd been running quests for as long as you'd been raging in this thread, you'd be capped by now.
    That doesn't "fix" the problem, it just allows Turbine to keep sweeping it under the rug instead of dealing with it! I am SO over their "We don't have to take responsibility because we can just ban people left and right until the people pointing out our flaws can't log onto the forums anymore" attitude! And don't EVEN get me started on the abuse of power by their "forum monitors"!

The good news is: I was on the fence as to whether or not to renew my VIP status and upgrade a few relatives accounts for Christmas or not, and this made the decision for me! Turbine will not see a single penny of my money again until they start taking responsibility for their actions (or inaction as the case may be) and fix the issues we point out as expeditiously as possible instead of ignoring it and HOPING we will too!

And just to clear the air as to exactly how much the XP curve has changed: My character's XP BEFORE the shift had her 2000 points from level 17. According to the new XP curve, that placed her 4000 points from level 18. However, when I LR'ed she somehow got downgraded to 1 point over the beginning of level 16. But according to in-game support "You have not lost any XP. We cannot help you any further. Please do not try to report this issue again." So my rage is TOTALLY justified!

Community Member

That doesn't "fix" the problem, it just allows Turbine to keep sweeping it under the rug instead of dealing with it! I am SO over their "We don't have to take responsibility because we can just ban people left and right until the people pointing out our flaws can't log onto the forums anymore" attitude! And don't EVEN get me started on the abuse of power by their "forum monitors"!

The good news is: I was on the fence as to whether or not to renew my VIP status and upgrade a few relatives accounts for Christmas or not, and this made the decision for me! Turbine will not see a single penny of my money again until they start taking responsibility for their actions (or inaction as the case may be) and fix the issues we point out as expeditiously as possible instead of ignoring it and HOPING we will too!

And just to clear the air as to exactly how much the XP curve has changed: My character's XP BEFORE the shift had her 2000 points from level 17. According to the new XP curve, that placed her 4000 points from level 18. However, when I LR'ed she somehow got downgraded to 1 point over the beginning of level 16. But according to in-game support "You have not lost any XP. We cannot help you any further. Please do not try to report this issue again." So my rage is TOTALLY justified!
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. First life toons would lose ranks in the 17-18 range. Period. This is the way it is. I don't know why you're trying to argue against reality. I think you should recontact support and apologize for wasting their time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast