Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default Non-Armour Fashion For the Drunk About Town?

I intend to soon start a third Druid life on Pyrolater. His first life, he tried to both melee and cast, and this life he's just been primarily a caster. Next life I'm looking at a Monk splash to make him more rough and tumble.

Before I do that, I should take some time during my ED and favor farming to farm some decent outfits.

Unfortunately, I'm not at all sure what's out there and what's really worth the effort.

Suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on the best race for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I intend to soon start a third Druid life on Pyrolater. His first life, he tried to both melee and cast, and this life he's just been primarily a caster. Next life I'm looking at a Monk splash to make him more rough and tumble.

Before I do that, I should take some time during my ED and favor farming to farm some decent outfits.

Unfortunately, I'm not at all sure what's out there and what's really worth the effort.

Suggestions?

Race? IMHO Human is the way to go - largely because I'm addicted to DDoor, but the extra skill points and feat are nice too

Best Outfit largely depends on what else you already have, and how fast you level. Personally I'm quite fond of the Thanatos Weave, as it has Deathblock along with both Blue and Colorless slots and is min level 8 - I usually drop in Heavy Fort and Charisma. It's not as high a Cha bonus as a dedicated item, but can make a difference in UMD while reducing swaps. If you're going Wolf Form, the Garments of Equilibrium are a great choice from level 12 until you hit 20 and TR or ware something more epic.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 11-17-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

Suggestions?

black dragon scale robe, flawless black dragon scale robe.

Human for the extra feat.

Weird, maybe even obscure suggestion, but I really like using the Quicksilver Cassok from Sorrowdusk's reward list. Even with the new "speed" suffixed items, it's genuinely better at level and quite a few levels thereafter for melee builds, especially monks (mine is lvl 13 and I still keep the outfit equipped). Antithesis is used by a lot of toons I see running around too, but an earth stanced monk needs all the speed he/she can get, and it just seems like robes/outfits are underwhelming before level 15 anyway.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Quicksilver_Cassok

Like I said though, it's probably not used a lot anymore and I might be the only guy on my server wearing this in my level range.
    “Bodies wear out to remind us they are temporary, and force us to spend more thought on our spirits”
    ? Morgan Llywelyn, Bard: The Odyssey of the Irish

Antithesis and quicksilver for mid levels.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Antithesis and quicksilver for mid levels.
    Woohoo! I'm not the only one!
    “Bodies wear out to remind us they are temporary, and force us to spend more thought on our spirits”
    ? Morgan Llywelyn, Bard: The Odyssey of the Irish

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Definitely be looking those up on the wiki. 5,000 favor is a lot to grind, so I'm sure I can get anything not BTC on my other toons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    The retributive ghostbane robe of ghostbane with the ghostbane augment? Interesting. But will it help with undead?

Frozen Tunic at Level 4, and then Heavy Fort at 8 after that it's up to you. I like the blue scale on a caster at L14 and usually wear that until I can put my flawless back on
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Even though most people seem to think that they are outdated(true for most cases) I still find DT outfits to be nice.

10% HA - 20% HA - 84 Devotion

I use this on my Ranger to max out her heals while leveling before I hit 21.
    If you're going to be centered and have Monk levels, this set up and the Jidz-Teka+Fire stance for another 25% HA is really nice for toons that can self heal.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Even though most people seem to think that they are outdated(true for most cases) I still find DT outfits to be nice.

10% HA - 20% HA - 84 Devotion

I use this on my Ranger to max out her heals while leveling before I hit 21.
    If you're going to be centered and have Monk levels, this set up and the Jidz-Teka+Fire stance for another 25% HA is really nice for toons that can self heal.
    DT? Do you mean Dragon Touched?

Yes, the point is to be centered with Monk levels, but the animations for animal forms are really boring, so I won't be shifting, much.

I actually do have an upgraded set of bracers from the Sentinals chain. Thanks for reminding me.

Sort of off-topic to this thread, but I've read in passing that Monks can dual wield shortswords with the right feats, could they do it with scimitars?

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Frozen Tunic at Level 4, and then Heavy Fort at 8 after that it's up to you. I like the blue scale on a caster at L14 and usually wear that until I can put my flawless back on
    Ah, I seem to recall people trying to farm that tunic.

As for Heavy Fort, with the new Fort items around, there may be lots of spaces for it.