Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default Petition to Have the Words "petition" and "exploit" Added to Forum Filters

    Just what the thread title says. Thanks for your support.

  2. #2
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Just what the thread title says. Thanks for your support.
    can we add cheat/zerg cheaters/zergers, flowersniffing, pay to win, p2w, to the list?

  3. #3
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    can we add cheat/zerg cheaters/zergers, flowersniffing, pay to win, p2w, to the list?
    I have considered this, and will agree to adding "cheat" and, although I've never seen it, "zerg cheaters" to this petition. However, you'll have to get your own petition for the other terms, of which I am personally quite fond.

    I realise that this may not leave you feeling satisfied, but I feel it's only right that everyone else be as dissatisfied with... well, things, as I am.

    .
    .
    .


    Apologies, respect and tough cookies,

    Phaeton Seraph, legend in my own mind and Supreme Commander of the Sock Puppet Army(TM), G-Land

  4. #4
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I have considered this, and will agree to adding "cheat" and, although I've never seen it, "zerg cheaters" to this petition. However, you'll have to get your own petition for the other terms, of which I am personally quite fond.

    I realise that this may not leave you feeling satisfied, but I feel it's only right that everyone else be as dissatisfied with... well, things, as I am.

    .
    .
    .


    Apologies, respect and tough cookies,

    Phaeton Seraph, legend in my own mind and Supreme Commander of the Sock Puppet Army(TM), G-Land
    can we add strawman to the list of banned words? .

  5. #5
    Community Member Meleena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132

    Default

    We should ad vowels really.Take a sec and look.Every one of those words use vowels.they are the root of the problem.

  6. #6
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    can we add strawman to the list of banned words? .
    I know what you're implying, but I think that may be a red herring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    We should ad vowels really.Take a sec and look.Every one of those words use vowels.they are the root of the problem.
    So, you want we should disemvowel the forums?

  7. #7
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    How about adding exploiters to the game log on filters.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post

    So, you want we should disemvowel the forums?
    Dsmvwl t nw!
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  9. #9
    Community Member Meleena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    132

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I know what you're implying, but I think that may be a red herring.


    So, you want we should disemvowel the forums?
    Yes

  10. #10
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Only if you add ghostbane to the list and severe beating for anyone who tries to use the term after this post.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  11. #11
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Only if you add ghostbane to the list and severe beating for anyone who tries to use the term after this post.
    Hi Ghostbane
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  12. #12
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Hi Ghostbane
    Your beating has been scheduled

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  13. #13
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Only if you add ghostbane to the list and severe beating for anyone who tries to use the term after this post.
    Only Ghostbane if Ghostbane you Ghostbane also Ghostbane ban Ghostbane all Ghostbane people Ghostbane with Ghostbane that Ghostbane dumb Ghostbane broccoli Ghostbane in Ghostbane their Ghostbane forum Ghostbane avatar Ghostbane pictures Ghostbane.

  14. #14
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How about adding exploiters to the game log on filters.
    Yeah, I'm sorry, but if you're not making a joke here, you just don't get the point of the thread. It's here to mock things like your statement... and maybe even you. As I'm not sure of your intentions, mine can't be clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Only if you add ghostbane to the list and severe beating for anyone who tries to use the term after this post.
    No... I'd like to make everyone happy, but this particular request will interfere with the petition I have for scheduled for Monday, where I seek support to coerce the management into a cessation of using asterisks (*) to replace filtered words and instead replace them all with the word "ghostbane," italicised and maybe in a golden font.

    e.g.
    • ghostbane to Have the Words "ghostbane" and "ghostbane" Added to Forum Filters
    • "The PUG raid I ran into last night would have been a wipe. Pretty much everyone in the party was a ghostbanewad, but one of the players was using the twist ghostbane and managed to save the party. He totally ruined my fun; I'd rather we wipe than ghostbane to win."


    I'm afraid I can't allow you to interfere with the order I intend to impose on these forums. It simply wouldn't do.

  15. #15
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Just what the thread title says. Thanks for your support.
    ***** ** *****

  16. #16
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    How about adding exploiters to the game log on filters.
    No, please. After all, these are the people, who test Lamannia for fixed bugs or aka real beta testers. We need them.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  17. #17
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    No, please. After all, these are the people, who test Lamannia for fixed bugs or aka real beta testers. We need them.
    Yes. Yes. Without them, the Fair Play Party would have nothing to take umbrage with. Then what would they do? I shudder to think what they might find to complain and make petitions about next.

  18. #18
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Yes. Yes. Without them, the Fair Play Party would have nothing to take umbrage with. Then what would they do? I shudder to think what they might find to complain and make petitions about next.
    It doesn't matter, they are all flowersniffing p2w zerg cheaters.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Signed only if "the" is added too.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    If the filter can work with phrases, I suggest "What does BYOH mean"
    Also "skill is more important than hit points"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload