Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5000 Favor run?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    hmm, seems your right, I used the quest by favor page of the ddowiki and didnt really look at which quests were where, so I counted a few of them multiple times, from my recalc it seems that there is only 4649 favor from quests, for a total of 4811 or so, could've swore it was more then that, so I probably miss counted again, math was never my strength.

Yes there is more than 4811 favor, I can confirm that, I'm at 4848 . Considering some of the overlap now with chains such as Epic GH (FoT might not be included in the GH list), and MoTU, there is a lot of room for error, and maybe that's where the devs got a much higher number than the actual value. I found it much easier to add the 1 quest I still had to do for max favor, and then the challenges I haven't done yet to my current favor to reach the value of 4964, this includes all challenges 6* and I've heard alot of reports that some are impossible to 6*.

Drkivorkian, Ghallanda, Share Victory Share Defeat

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I know an efficient way to compress your 16 hotbars to 4.

I spoke to a (former) guildie who has been aggressively pursuing max favor on his barb just for the fun of it. He reports that he is now at 4972 of 4982, a mere 10 away from true max favor. The 10 he's missing are from kobold island. I directed him to nibel's post upthread, and heck I might even jump in a run or two to help him out.

As a practical matter, it will likely be 3 or 4 more updates before the 5000 favor figure becomes a realistic goal for most players. EE on CitW, FoT, Master Artificer, 6-starring all the challenges, and really just getting EE on all the normal quests as well is outside of what most players will do.

Take most epic quests and reduce them to an EH completion, and you're down by a couple hundred points. At 4 or so quests per adventure pack, it's going to take multiple releases to catch up. Hopefully, Turbine has learned from the disaster of Shadowfell and is planning on their next expansion to be AN ACTUAL EXPANSION rather than a reskinned pair of adventure packs. Another MotU sized chunk of quests would put the 5000 figure within reach of a a fair portion of the playerbase.

Of course, even with it being possible, few will actually do it. Getting that much favor takes some serious work. Will a +5 tome be enough incentive? That I can't say. Of course, for the truly insane, think about how much it would take to get 5000 favor on 6 different lives to get a full set of tomes...
    Last edited by Matuse; 11-21-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

I'm the guildie Ellis is referring to above.

I have everything on Heroic Elite or Epic Elite.
    I have every single challenge in Eveningstar done with 6*
    I have every single non-Kobold Island challenge in House Cannith done with 6*
    In Kobold Island, my star breakdowns:

Kobold Chaos: 6*
    The Disruptor: 4*
    Short Cuts: 3*
    The Disruptor-EPIC: 4*
    Short Cuts-EPIC: 3*

By patron:

336/336 Agents of Argonessen
    242/252 House Cannith
    540/540 Silver Flame
    585/585 Purple Dragon Knights
    375/375 House Phiarlan
    342/342 House Kundarak
    282/282 House Jorasco
    267/267 The Harpers
    342/342 The Twelve
    318/318 House Denith
    111/111 The Yugoloth
    608/608 The Coin Lords
    624/624 The Free Agents

4,972/4,982 Total Favor

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    I know an efficient way to compress your 16 hotbars to 4.
    Thanks, but this is my standart hotbar setup for all my characters. The challenge runner might not use them all, but if I try another setup, I get confused when I switch toons.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

looking like 4982 on the wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor

Revered - 5,000 FavorCurrently unachievable, current max 4,982 favor (as of Update 20).

+5 Tome of Ability (BtC) (U20 release notes - unconfirmed)
    Guild - PINOY (on Sarlona)

Toons: Bagtit, Galing

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    looking like 4982 on the wiki:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor

Revered - 5,000 FavorCurrently unachievable, current max 4,982 favor (as of Update 20).

+5 Tome of Ability (BtC) (U20 release notes - unconfirmed)
    The wiki is right in this case, but it's hard to ever be sure with the favor counts. There are favor counts all over the place in the wiki, and many of them are not updated and don't match. Even that page, the total was updated for U20 about 5 days before the House C and PDK totals were updated with the U20 quests, so if you had added the totals on the page it wouldn't have matched the total favor at the end. The favor subpages are often out of date and hard to keep up to date.

It would be nice if there was an automated panel for displaying quests by favor, since all the quests have their favor written in them in a form, but that's beyond my scope of what I can add to the wiki myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Habreno View Post
    I'm the guildie Ellis is referring to above.

I have everything on Heroic Elite or Epic Elite.
    I have every single challenge in Eveningstar done with 6*
    I have every single non-Kobold Island challenge in House Cannith done with 6*
    In Kobold Island, my star breakdowns:

Kobold Chaos: 6*
    The Disruptor: 4*
    Short Cuts: 3*
    The Disruptor-EPIC: 4*
    Short Cuts-EPIC: 3*

By patron:

336/336 Agents of Argonessen
    242/252 House Cannith
    540/540 Silver Flame
    585/585 Purple Dragon Knights
    375/375 House Phiarlan
    342/342 House Kundarak
    282/282 House Jorasco
    267/267 The Harpers
    342/342 The Twelve
    318/318 House Denith
    111/111 The Yugoloth
    608/608 The Coin Lords
    624/624 The Free Agents

4,972/4,982 Total Favor

Congratulations, I'm impressed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    The wiki is right in this case, but it's hard to ever be sure with the favor counts. There are favor counts all over the place in the wiki, and many of them are not updated and don't match. Even that page, the total was updated for U20 about 5 days before the House C and PDK totals were updated with the U20 quests, so if you had added the totals on the page it wouldn't have matched the total favor at the end. The favor subpages are often out of date and hard to keep up to date.

It would be nice if there was an automated panel for displaying quests by favor, since all the quests have their favor written in them in a form, but that's beyond my scope of what I can add to the wiki myself.
    I am impressed overall with the community effort on the wiki. I personaly don't participate but use it as much as possible for reference. I don't envy the work involved in keeping it as up to date as possible and as a user I fully accept the idea that it will be dated at times in some areas. I got into the habit of trying to cross reference as much as possible between here and the wiki to get a complete picture.

I was simply providing the information as I had recently seen it.

When this crossed my mind when U20 went live it was still out of date, I looked it up a few days ago and was more recent. Ya the wiki can be behind, but still thumbs up to the peoploe that volunteer to refresh it as much as possible.
    Guild - PINOY (on Sarlona)

Toons: Bagtit, Galing

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Anyone map out an efficient way to hit 5000 favor? I haven't even thought about it yet, lazy, yes, so I'll start here...
    By the time it's efficient, they'll be selling +6 tomes in the store.

Most efficient way is for me to hop onto my hjealer and let Teh Troll carry/quivering punch me to 5000.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    As of U20, there is 5516 favor total available in the game.

Meaning, 5390 Favor is available if you do absolutely no Challenges.
    Who told you this?

I've done every quest on Elite or Epic Elite, solo'd every solo and 6*'d every challenge apart from Short Cuts which needs the Orthon Lieutenants fixed, so only 4* possible with that.

So that makes me 4 points short of the maximum possible.

I don't have 5512 favor

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    By the time it's efficient, they'll be selling +6 tomes in the store.

Most efficient way is for me to hop onto my hjealer and let Teh Troll carry/quivering punch me to 5000.
    That way, Teh_Troll can carry you OVER 9000!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    That way, Teh_Troll can carry you OVER 9000!!!
    If he wants the hjeals, he'll carry me wherever I wish to go. He who has the hjeals, has the power.

Only needs one fist free to punch those EE mobs anyhow.

5k favor is still unreachable..

i'm at 4933 total favor on my main rogue - all is done on elite or ee, all eveningstar challenges done on 6star, and just missing 49 favor at cannith challenges..

so max atm (as in u20) is 4982, i believe...
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Who told you this?

I've done every quest on Elite or Epic Elite, solo'd every solo and 6*'d every challenge apart from Short Cuts which needs the Orthon Lieutenants fixed, so only 4* possible with that.

So that makes me 4 points short of the maximum possible.

I don't have 5512 favor
    6* The Disruptor? Enlighten me please, I am interested in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The really difficult things to get done for max favor are:

- Cannith challenges. These were, however, nerfed HARD from a monster stat perspective when MOTU came out (it is no longer nearly as difficult to kill bosses as it was), and the star objectives that were broken are fixed now. They can still be tough to 6-star but are not ridiculous.
    Except.... very few people ever do these at all, and soloing them (much less soloing 6 star) is not always possible?
    -RS

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    As a practical matter, it will likely be 3 or 4 more updates before the 5000 favor figure becomes a realistic goal for most players. .
    I would suspect that you are greatly overestimating when you say 'most players' =) I like to try and get as much favor as possible but once getting to 20 it becomes more difficult to do quests on elite I have to do them on hard I feel so sad at that, but I would think that more players would fly past it and get to another life (I admit that I am only on my second, so I will try getting a bit farther before having to give up and do hards instead of elites - perhaps after a few more lives it becomes easier to get farther before doing hards? Or do other people wait until they are much higher level to get elites for certain clears?
    -RS

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The really difficult things to get done for max favor are:

- Any low XP, low to mid level quest that requires splitting a party. Necro 2 and 3 each have one, and IIRC some of the FTP level 11 stuff is like this too.
    Both of the necro quests can be done solo with a hire, you just have to backtrack a lot more than you normally would. The only quests that are game-mechanically impossible to solo (even with a pet) are the VoN and Titan pre-raids, although good luck with Abbot.

For Shadow Lord (Necro II) you leave your hireling behind at the first lever, go through and pull levers. Hireling lets you back out, lets you into the other side, you pull more levers. Just proceed like that, the simultaneous lever pulls can be managed if you're quick.

For Tomb of the Forbidden (Necro III) you use the gear on one side to unlock the lever, but jump back before you actually pull it. Park hire there, unlock lever on other side, pull both. Repeat for the other gear.

Other quests that require multiple players can be managed with hirelings, especially if you're just clearing them for favor. From Beyond the Grave is rough at-level (hireling has to successfully guard the gate while you hit all the pyres), but at higher levels it's no trouble.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Both of the necro quests can be done solo with a hire, you just have to backtrack a lot more than you normally would. The only quests that are game-mechanically impossible to solo (even with a pet) are the VoN and Titan pre-raids, although good luck with Abbot.

For Shadow Lord (Necro II) you leave your hireling behind at the first lever, go through and pull levers. Hireling lets you back out, lets you into the other side, you pull more levers. Just proceed like that, the simultaneous lever pulls can be managed if you're quick.

For Tomb of the Forbidden (Necro III) you use the gear on one side to unlock the lever, but jump back before you actually pull it. Park hire there, unlock lever on other side, pull both. Repeat for the other gear.

Other quests that require multiple players can be managed with hirelings, especially if you're just clearing them for favor. From Beyond the Grave is rough at-level (hireling has to successfully guard the gate while you hit all the pyres), but at higher levels it's no trouble.
    For similar reasons, raids can be exceedingly difficult to solo as hirelings are not allowed there... without piles of summon monster IX and the like, I would say some would be impossible to solo depending on the class?
    -RS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast