Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5000 Favor run?

Default 5000 Favor run?

Anyone map out an efficient way to hit 5000 favor? I haven't even thought about it yet, lazy, yes, so I'll start here...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Anyone map out an efficient way to hit 5000 favor? I haven't even thought about it yet, lazy, yes, so I'll start here...
    I havent researeched it myself, but a buddy of mine did and believeing him... and right now, you would need almost everything (maybe except one quest or some 6 stars on challenges) on highest difficulty.

So... efficient way.... level to maxx level A.S.A.P. and then run all on elite? GL on elite CITW and Titan...

Edit. also, GL on 6 staring Cannith Kobold Island challenges. While elite CITW is boring as hell, its at least doable. And while elite Titan is (well any Titan) is rare to pop up at al, there are still people who can relatively reliably finish it. But Kobolds islands? gah....
    Last edited by viktorserak; 11-16-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yep, you need to run everything on elite, and currently, even then you will probably fall short (might be the challenges fill the gap, no idea on that). Of course, there will be new quests with every update, but for now it's pretty hard. For myself, I'm not too fussed, my main is almost at the 3000 mark (and is also capping destinies), and I have 8 alts with decidedly less, so plenty to do while waiting for more quests

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Pretty sure it's not possible yet. I think max favor is 4987, including 6-starring all the kobold island challenges, which aren't possible to 6-star.

I could be mistaken on the total, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Pretty sure it's not possible yet. I think max favor is 4987, including 6-starring all the kobold island challenges, which aren't possible to 6-star.

I could be mistaken on the total, though.
    They changed the requisites on the kobold island stars. It is possible to 5-star them.

Heck, soloing I almost 5-starred the sahuagin one. If I was in a full group, it would be possible with people splitting to activate more extractors. See how I do have enough shards to fully upgrade the inactive extractor, and bump up the one in front of me to T2-3.

Disruptor used to requires 10 active turrets, which was impossible without spending turret requisitions. It was lowered to 5 and achievable.

Short Cuts is the problematic one, but it used to require killing 25 orthons, and now requires only 5.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

"Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

I could be mistaken on the total, though."

A map for 5000 favor does not currently exist, yes the theoretical maximum favor is around 4987ish, I calculated this value on my main character who is currently about 150 away, with 1 quest left to do. The value 4987 is including every quest elite/epic elite, and every PDK/Cannith challenge with 6 stars, (Yes I've heard it is possible to get 6 stars for all cannith challenges) however some people do consider some of them impossible to 6 star. It will probably take one more update to make this goal theoretically possible, and at least a couple more to make it a viable option to achieve without having to do titan/abbot/most challanges.

-Drkivorkian, Ghallanda, Share Victory Share Defeat
    Last edited by Odysseus2011; 11-20-2013 at 04:18 PM.

The really difficult things to get done for max favor are:

- Any low XP, low to mid level quest that requires splitting a party. Necro 2 and 3 each have one, and IIRC some of the FTP level 11 stuff is like this too.
    - EE CITW
    - EE FoT
    - Master Artificer (heroic elite isn't too difficult, but getting 12 for it is not at all easy and you will really struggle to shortman this). LOB is a little easier to fill a group for on heroic elite and a lot easier on epic elite.
    - Titan due to bugs
    - Cannith challenges. These were, however, nerfed HARD from a monster stat perspective when MOTU came out (it is no longer nearly as difficult to kill bosses as it was), and the star objectives that were broken are fixed now. They can still be tough to 6-star but are not ridiculous.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

As of U20, there is 5516 favor total available in the game. As for Challenged: You get 1 Favor point for each star, and 1 additional Favor point if you achieve all 5 stars and run the challenge at its maximum available CR, for a total of 6 Favor possible per challenge. (With 21 challenges, this is a total possible Favor of 126.)

Meaning, 5390 Favor is available if you do absolutely no Challenges.

Regardless, the best way to hit 5000, is do every quest on elite or EE if it is available. If say you have a hard time with an EE, like Caught in the web, make up for it with Challenges. Though, remember you only have 126 possible points from challenges, and 390 extra from doing normal quest.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Also, to add on to what I just said... if you want to, take into account those quest that are tough or rarely ran...

FoT EE is 24 favor
    CitW EE is 24 favor
    Titan is 30 + 18 (as it runs similar to VoN 5-6) = 48

Master Artificer isn't actually as hard to find a group as most people seem to think. Just a matter of getting an LFM up for it.

So that is a total of 96, easily made up and that's not doing those raids at all! You'll still get some for EH or such.

Also, if you don't have Shadowfell expansion, like I know a lot of people don't, that is 198 favor you are missing out on. That might be a little harder to make up for. XD

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Culver.Civello View Post
    As of U20, there is 5516 favor total available in the game. As for Challenged: You get 1 Favor point for each star, and 1 additional Favor point if you achieve all 5 stars and run the challenge at its maximum available CR, for a total of 6 Favor possible per challenge. (With 21 challenges, this is a total possible Favor of 126.)

Regardless, the best way to hit 5000, is do every quest on elite or EE if it is available. If say you have a hard time with an EE, like Caught in the web, make up for it with Challenges. Though, remember you only have 126 possible points from challenges, and 390 extra from doing normal quest.
    Currently it's impossible, I have done all but one quest in the game for max favor, this includes both Titan raids/every PDK quest/Abott the only quest I have not done for max favor is FoT, and I am still 152 favor away, and I've got a couple challenges done. I've added up the totals and even with every challenge, PDK/Cannith I would still be about 20 favor short of 5000.

Drkivorkian, Ghallanda, Share Victory Share Defeat
    Last edited by Odysseus2011; 11-20-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Also, to add on to what I just said... if you want to, take into account those quest that are tough or rarely ran...

FoT EE is 24 favor
    CitW EE is 24 favor
    Titan is 30 + 18 (as it runs similar to VoN 5-6) = 48

Master Artificer isn't actually as hard to find a group as most people seem to think. Just a matter of getting an LFM up for it.

So that is a total of 96, easily made up and that's not doing those raids at all! You'll still get some for EH or such.

Also, if you don't have Shadowfell expansion, like I know a lot of people don't, that is 198 favor you are missing out on. That might be a little harder to make up for. XD

I assume most people have FoT EH and CitW EH so it's only 16 difference to get them EE. There are guilds that know how to do very fast (comparitively) EE CitWs though. (Hint: Skip optionals, kill almost nothing).

The thing with Master Artificer is that heroic elite is legitimately difficult still if you are shortmanning it. Not super hard, but you need a group that either knows the trap, can follow the directions of someone that does, or that stacks electric absorb gear; plus you need to understand how to deal with the ranged titan. Heroic Elite Lord of Blades you can just go in with endgame characters and pretty much autowin because your saves, PRR and even AC are much higher than the enemies are designed for, while MA's dangers remain threatening to this day.

Epic Elite MA appeared impossible when MOTU first launched (before you saw the titans, the Sentinels' AoE force burst was doing 1000 odd damage IIRC, and there were 6 or more of them that kept respawning), and I haven't tried it again since. I followed the achievements thread for some time and never saw anyone claim a completion either (while every EE LOB got posted there for a month or so).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

You are posting lies. Where did you get this number? There is less than 5000 favor on the server. Are you just making this number up?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    You are posting lies. Where did you get this number? There is less than 5000 favor on the server. Are you just making this number up?
    The number is from DDOWiki, so unless they got it wrong... which is possible.

Community Member

The number is from DDOWiki, so unless they got it wrong... which is possible.
    yea, I think someone miscounted,

its only 4916 quest favor for u20, and 162 challange favor (21 cannith, and 6 eveningstar challanges 6stared), so while its possile to hit the 5k mark, you need to do a fair amount of the challanges, and since alot of people wont have Elite like ascension chamber, titan, or the cannith raids, etc, it makes you have to do alot more challanges

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post

its only 4916 quest favor for u20, and 162 challange favor (21 cannith, and 6 eveningstar challanges 6stared), so while its possile to hit the 5k mark, you need to do a fair amount of the challanges, and since alot of people wont have Elite like ascension chamber, titan, or the cannith raids, etc, it makes you have to do alot more challanges
    By all means, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. XD I'm not trying to put any false info out there.. just going by what I see. Which appears to be incorrect. Idk... don't have full favor myself, so I can't tell you from first-hand like some others can. I apologize.

Community Member

I've been seen different numbers around the forums for the maximum favor, so I went onto my main toon and added it all up, currently he is at 4848 favor with 1 quest left (FoT done EH, 8 more favor possible), 18 challenges for no favor (90 total), and among the ones that I have done but not 6* I have 18 possible favor. Add it all up and the Theoretical Maximum favor is 4964.

Drkivorkian, Ghallada, Share Victory Share Defeat
    Last edited by Odysseus2011; 11-20-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post

As I broke it down above, it is currently impossible to hit 5000 favor as of u20, with all challenges 6*.

Drkivorkian, Share Victory, Share Defeat

Community Member

By all means, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. XD I'm not trying to put any false info out there.. just going by what I see. Which appears to be incorrect. Idk... don't have full favor myself, so I can't tell you from first-hand like some others can. I apologize.
    Don't sweat it too much, remember there's a whole team of devs who didn't bother to double check their math on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Don't sweat it too much, remember there's a whole team of devs who didn't bother to double check their math on this one.
    I dunno, 5K favour for a +5 and 4964 available in game? Looks like their math was spot on

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus2011 View Post
    As I broke it down above, it is currently impossible to hit 5000 favor as of u20, with all challenges 6*.

Drkivorkian, Share Victory, Share Defeat
    hmm, seems your right, I used the quest by favor page of the ddowiki and didnt really look at which quests were where, so I counted a few of them multiple times, from my recalc it seems that there is only 4649 favor from quests, for a total of 4811 or so, could've swore it was more then that, so I probably miss counted again, math was never my strength.

- favor by pack, from ddo wiki (http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_favor) some quests are in multiple lists (mainly the f2p ones like lords of dust chain, the f2p shadowfell and u20) hence why my calcs were off before by so much.
    1223 Favor f2p quests
    66 Favor catacombs
    48 Favor shantokor
    99 Favor tangleroot
    36 Favor sharn syndicate
    99 Favor 3barrel cove
    48 Favor phalarian carnival
    66 Favor necro 1
    129 Favor delaras tomb
    66 Favor sentinels of stormreach
    117 Favor sorrowdusk
    30 Favor devils assualt
    81 Favor necro 2
    108 Favor threnal
    126 Favor vault of night
    54 Favor red fens
    84 Favor restless isle
    213 Favor demon sands
    93 Favor necro 3
    63 Favor attack on stormreach
    240 Favor Gianthold
    66 Favor harbringer of madness
    111 Favor necro 4
    207 Favor vale of twilight
    96 Favor reavers refuge
    81 Favor reign of madness
    90 Favor path of inspiration
    78 Favor dreaming dark
    147 Favor shavarath
    99 Favor secrets of artificers
    90 Favor MOTU kings forest
    96 Favor MOTU sschindryln
    96 Favor MOTU demonweb
    87 Favor MOTU Sidequests
    102 Favor shadowfell wheloon
    96 Favor shadowfell stormhorns
    18 favor shadowfell Shadow of a Doubt
    126 favor vault of artificers (challange pack)
    36 favor eveningstar challanges

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast