Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191

    Default Stay in the Know! (chronicle issue 69 inaccuracies within)

    1) There's no mention that the drow race tree is STILL broken.
    Some players are not getting their racial bonuses to attack, their stat bonuses, and upon logout they loose access to their envenomed blades. There's still no word I have seen on when this will be addressed.

    2) Fake/Bad new items on DDO's part.
    https://www.ddo.com/en/new-ddo-store
    ***? we had mark of the silver flame and mark of the yugoloth for ages now. Why would you even think about featuring that in the "new" items? Ok so maybe they are new to the DDO store, but WHY would anyone spend TP on stuff that can be bought for plat in game (having enough favor sure).

    3) Hidden link in the chronicle:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...me-Doctor-Loot

    That's who we got to complain to about ghostbane!?! ****, I sure hope most of Khyber will!

  2. #2
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    That's who we got to complain to about ghostbane!?! ****, I sure hope most of Khyber will!
    Complaining is perhaps one of the worst things we can do, and probably has contributed to more withdrawal from Devs. Offering balanced and constructive solutions from the playerbase is more conducive to meaningful dialog.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  3. #3
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,846

    Default

    I'm not sure what you mean by "inaccurate." None of these things are inaccurate in relation to the DDO Chronicle. The items are new to the DDO Store with Update 20, and the link is clearly listed in the Let's Talk section rather than being "hidden." The issue with Drow enhancements is not something that would typically be put into the Chronicle. We are aware that there are issues with the Drow enhancement tree. Unsure of the status of that fix, though, will have to look into it this week.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  4. #4
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default Stay in the Know! (Innacuracies in the OP)

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    1) There's no mention that the drow race tree is STILL broken.
    Some players are not getting their racial bonuses to attack, their stat bonuses, and upon logout they loose access to their envenomed blades. There's still no word I have seen on when this will be addressed.
    Not something that would be in the chronicle. Known issue list sure, but not the chronicle, so saying that is an inaccuracy is just plain false.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    2) Fake/Bad new items on DDO's part.
    https://www.ddo.com/en/new-ddo-store
    ***? we had mark of the silver flame and mark of the yugoloth for ages now. Why would you even think about featuring that in the "new" items? Ok so maybe they are new to the DDO store, but WHY would anyone spend TP on stuff that can be bought for plat in game (having enough favor sure).
    It is new to the store, as you yourself just noted, so also not a inaccuracy.

    I have never had the silver flame favor to get those marks from a vendor so I can understand the appeal for someone to spend a few TP to get them. Until they add in enough silver flame quests for me to get them without having to make that stupid sigil, I likely will never have one of the marks of the silver flame other than from random loot.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    3) Hidden link in the chronicle:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...me-Doctor-Loot

    That's who we got to complain to about ghostbane!?! ****, I sure hope most of Khyber will!
    This was not hidden, it was kind of plain to see.

    Ghostbane is the greatest, most awesome thing ever to have happened to turbine, much less DDO. Why would you want to complain about it?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Regarding the Drow - I was more referring about the article it linked to then the chronicle it self.
    Sure thing, the chronicle would not report issues with the game - Idea: maybe with big issues like a whole race being "out of order" (at least partially) it likely should?

    I do still regard the marks as a bad new item... sure it wasn't in the store for TP. now it is. w/e. I can't believe you craft stuff and haven't bothered farming favor to get those along with the cannith marks for masterful craftsman's ship...

    Placing in a link that one might skim over is to me in fact hiding it - fine print style. Sure it's there. but hey you really read the fine print? It sort of goes the same for this.
    Being a rather important change which I haven't seen much of - Devs looking for open dialog about loot? that's kind of a big thing isn't it? it should definitely have had more light (hence my effort with thread)

    @Cordovan, I really do appreciate the first reply I got from a turbine employee about the fact that Drow race is getting looked into. I would love to TR again into it as for the few moments (before logout) that the three enhancements at least partially worked the character/build was pretty kick ass.
    I just find it a bit in bad taste however to "promote" the class while it still doesn't work. However not inaccurate all that might be. At least one could have requested that the article mention something about the current issues so as not to get a bunch of new players to go Drow and get upset...

  6. #6
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Regarding the Drow - I was more referring about the article it linked to then the chronicle it self.
    Sure thing, the chronicle would not report issues with the game - Idea: maybe with big issues like a whole race being "out of order" (at least partially) it likely should?

    I do still regard the marks as a bad new item... sure it wasn't in the store for TP. now it is. w/e. I can't believe you craft stuff and haven't bothered farming favor to get those along with the cannith marks for masterful craftsman's ship...

    Placing in a link that one might skim over is to me in fact hiding it - fine print style. Sure it's there. but hey you really read the fine print? It sort of goes the same for this.
    Being a rather important change which I haven't seen much of - Devs looking for open dialog about loot? that's kind of a big thing isn't it? it should definitely have had more light (hence my effort with thread)

    @Cordovan, I really do appreciate the first reply I got from a turbine employee about the fact that Drow race is getting looked into. I would love to TR again into it as for the few moments (before logout) that the three enhancements at least partially worked the character/build was pretty kick ass.
    I just find it a bit in bad taste however to "promote" the class while it still doesn't work. However not inaccurate all that might be. At least one could have requested that the article mention something about the current issues so as not to get a bunch of new players to go Drow and get upset...
    about the Drow: The Chronicle merely reported there was an outside sourced write up on Drow that if you took the time to read was mostly about the different storylines of the NPC Drow not an advert to purchase the race.
    Furthermore the problem you mention is in the release notes and known issues (where it belongs)
    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-rel...s#Known_Issues
    Also the problem is hardly game breaking envenomed blades at least is fixable by reequipping your weapons.

    The Marks are new to the store that is exactly what the Chronicles stated. Your Troll is weak on this one.

    As far as hiding the link to the tread about Dr. Loot that's funny because, it is hidden as good as the other clearly marked link to the new store items which you obviously found.

  7. #7
    Hatchery Hero Dark_Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "inaccurate." None of these things are inaccurate in relation to the DDO Chronicle. The items are new to the DDO Store with Update 20, and the link is clearly listed in the Let's Talk section rather than being "hidden." The issue with Drow enhancements is not something that would typically be put into the Chronicle. We are aware that there are issues with the Drow enhancement tree. Unsure of the status of that fix, though, will have to look into it this week.
    Any reason why we can't even get a post that the game is down? I can post on here, but can't login to the game. How long has it been down? Does anyone actually care anymore?
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Game down for at least 5 hours now. No mention of why or when it will be back up.

    Kind of ( and i mean very) bummered. Sunday is my only true grinding/raiding day and i look forward to being able to log in and do more for my characters then just a instance here or there. Had it been posted that the severs were going to be down i would have made other plans. as it was i cleared my day to to play DDO and can not. So glad i keep sending you money so i cant play.

  9. #9
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorrinson View Post
    Kind of ( and i mean very) bummered. Sunday is my only true grinding/raiding day and i look forward to being able to log in and do more for my characters then just a instance here or there. Had it been posted that the severs were going to be down i would have made other plans. as it was i cleared my day to to play DDO and can not. So glad i keep sending you money so i cant play.
    I guess someone should have known in advance that there would be a power outage due to a storm?

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Complaining is perhaps one of the worst things we can do, and probably has contributed to more withdrawal from Devs. Offering balanced and constructive solutions from the playerbase is more conducive to meaningful dialog.
    Indeed, complaining is the worst reaction we can give.
    Here we have a dev, who goes out in the open and starts by asking what people like/don't like about the loot as is, ask what we miss most and inquires what we are using. I cannot for the life of me imagine a better start to getting into improving loot than that!

    I am glad that I have had a look at it and have seen some very well written comments describing how people see the current state and what they would like to see, and I hope it helps get a more satisfactory loot system for the future.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorrinson View Post
    Kind of ( and i mean very) bummered. Sunday is my only true grinding/raiding day and i look forward to being able to log in and do more for my characters then just a instance here or there. Had it been posted that the severs were going to be down i would have made other plans. as it was i cleared my day to to play DDO and can not. So glad i keep sending you money so i cant play.
    As far as I know (and I was in the middle - or rather closer to the end - of a quest when it crashed/disconnected or whatever) it started little over 9 hours ago and the game came back online about 15 minutes ago (saw a post on FB). I guess that as it took down everything, including the forums, communication went to external places like FB or Twitter because its not much use posting on a forum when its down. The last time Turbine had bigger ISP issues, they also used that way to communicate with people (as it affected Turbine staff as well, who couldn't get to their accounts to post anything).

    I think they have been doing a good job of keeping people updated - here is one of the first updates they posted after finding out what happened:

    Dungeons & Dragons Online (on FB)
    6:50PM Update: Due to a power issue at our datacenter, all services within the datacenter lost power. For unknown reasons, the backup power systems did not properly come online causing all services to lose power and go offline. Once the power issue is resolved, we will begin the process of verifying and restoring our games and websites. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience
    Last edited by Nascoe; 11-18-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: included one of the first FB posts

  12. #12
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    I can't believe you craft stuff and haven't bothered farming favor to get those along with the cannith marks for masterful craftsman's ship...
    I hate necro 4. I play to have fun. Spending time doing something I hate is not fun. Do I really need to keep explaining why I might not have ever been willing to grind out an abbot flagging sigil? Let me put this in perspective: I like spending time in front of crafting altars about a thousand times more than I like spending time in necro 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Placing in a link that one might skim over is to me in fact hiding it - fine print style. Sure it's there. but hey you really read the fine print? It sort of goes the same for this.
    Being a rather important change which I haven't seen much of - Devs looking for open dialog about loot? that's kind of a big thing isn't it?
    What, do you need a large pop up with arrows pointing to it? Seriously I skim over everything in there till I find the question I can get TP for, so by your definition every single thing in that article would count as "fine print." But when I did go look in it for you're inaccuracies i found it pretty easily, the first time I scrolled to it. Also it was in the dev tracker where it was posted hours before that it was there. And another thing, if you don't read fine print, I have some contracts you need to sign, and here is something for you to watch about why you should read the fine print http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...-humancentipad

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    It should definitely have had more light (hence my effort with thread)
    Maybe you had good intentions, but your idea of giving something more light was to basically, inaccurately call the authors of the chronicle liars. Nothing you pointed out was inaccurate. Not one thing. There were things you said that were true, but nothing you claimed was an inaccuracy was actually inaccurate. So maybe next time you want to give something more light, you could, I don't know, maybe just talk about it without making false claims.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    191

    Default

    So if to you it's not inaccurate to advertise a race that is currently broken - It's advertising because what else could featuring an article about a specific race be for? - also as I said it's not just the envenomed blades, which re-equipping does not fix btw, some players are not getting ANY of the benefits from the racial tree.
    If for you the link to a discussion about loot should not have been featured with blinking lights glowing arrows, what have ya - as it's actually a step forward that Turbine has not really taken before, then why would you even reply here? just to troll sum? Sure the game was down I guess ya needed something to do...

    Also hating Necro 4 or not It takes 5 minutes per quest, at level with BB - full conquest and ransack. I can't help you if you are just THAT lazy about it. That also means you are one of the needy barbarians/fighter whatever melee that's not a monk that plague the few healers on the server and cost good players a death penalty... So you should just be ashamed on that >:P
    Seriously go run necro 4 once and get to run some Elite abbots. they are plenty of fun, despite the lack of water walking and the fact that you without the favor would not therefore be able to make the swim, you might actually be good a throwing rocks...

    Hum the authors of the chronicle may or may not be liars... an inaccuracy is not necessarily a lie, for it to be a lie you'd have to prove intent to cheat, i'm sure they just weren't thinking about it the drow race issue, I personally just want it to be more widespread news since after a recent TR gone awry due to that...

  14. #14
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Man. u really need to get a life.

    Or maybe find a new home under a bridge somewhere.

  15. #15
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    So if to you it's not inaccurate to advertise a race that is currently broken - It's advertising because what else could featuring an article about a specific race be for? - also as I said it's not just the envenomed blades, which re-equipping does not fix btw, some players are not getting ANY of the benefits from the racial tree.
    Do you even know what the word inaccuracy means?
    here let me help:
    Inaccuracy - That which is inaccurate or incorrect; mistake; error; as, in inaccuracy in speech, copying, calculation, etc.
    Advertising the drow may have been a dirty trick, an immoral advertising program to cheat people out of there money (who is to say), but it was not inaccurate. For it to have been inaccurate, it something they said would have had to have been a incorrect, a mistake, or an error, and not talking about your pet bug was neither of those things.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    If for you the link to a discussion about loot should not have been featured with blinking lights glowing arrows, what have ya - as it's actually a step forward that Turbine has not really taken before, then why would you even reply here? just to troll sum? Sure the game was down I guess ya needed something to do...
    You claimed they were hiding it, and that hiding it was some kind of inaccuracy. Turbine causes enough krap to fall on there own plate that they don't need your help shoveling it on. Why would you post false claims about people?

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Also hating Necro 4 or not It takes 5 minutes per quest, at level with BB - full conquest and ransack. I can't help you if you are just THAT lazy about it. That also means you are one of the needy barbarians/fighter whatever melee that's not a monk that plague the few healers on the server and cost good players a death penalty... So you should just be ashamed on that >:P
    Seriously go run necro 4 once and get to run some Elite abbots. they are plenty of fun, despite the lack of water walking and the fact that you without the favor would not therefore be able to make the swim, you might actually be good a throwing rocks...
    I wouldn't spend 5 seconds in there, much less five minutes per quest. What about "I don't play quests I hate" do you not understand. What is it about not liking necro 4 implies anything else you stated here? Especially when I can get those marks from the AH, from random loot, or, now, from the store. YOU might like abbot, and you are welcome to run it to your hearts content. That isn't going to make me like it any more than I already do. Also as a note, none of my mains are barbarians or fighters, and I almost never take healers with me anywhere. Managing your health does not require either silver flame pots or a babysitter, and neither of those reasons are why I despise necro 4. I am not going to "Just run it" no matter what you say, because I don't like the quests and I don't spend my leisure time doing things I don't like. If you do that is up to you, but nothing will ever force me to play things I hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Hum the authors of the chronicle may or may not be liars... an inaccuracy is not necessarily a lie, for it to be a lie you'd have to prove intent to cheat, i'm sure they just weren't thinking about it the drow race issue, I personally just want it to be more widespread news since after a recent TR gone awry due to that...
    The drow race issue was not an inaccuracy. Nothing they said was inaccurate. Them not talking about your pet bug with the game was not an inaccuracy. Also lying doesn't require an "intent to cheat." And again, why do you need to make accusations in order to get more awareness for your issue? Seriously, just talk about it without making false claims.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 11-18-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload