Big thanks to Ivantilus, Sevraa and Ruemeridian for all of their assistance, input and patience while gathering this information.
This guide is intended only for determining which NPC is a thrall within the phases of the quest and which items are used to pacify them.
There are two sets of four items used during the quest. All items have random locations requiring a small amount of searching.
These items are used to pacify the NPCs, when revealed as a thrall, and each item is specific to a particular NPC. They are randomly placed throughout the accessible areas when the quest begins.
- Amulet of the Medusa is used on Flora Reynard
- Hunter's Map is used on Sir Chadrus Thurling
- Strong Sleeping Draught is used on Alyk Glenweir
- Mystic Maze is used on Dareon Krenner
These items are used to identify an NPC that has become a thrall. Each item has a single use but can be used on any of the NPCs so choose wisely. One of these items will be randomly placed behind each of the four locked areas within the quest.
- Orb of Sunlight is located in the West Chambers
- Rat Trap is located in the Wine Cellar (Use the trap to catch the rat in the crypt and use the Rat in a Trap on the NPC)
- Gem of Revelation is located in the Attic
- Scraps's Chew Toy is located in the Hedge Maze
Only 1 player should pick up the items within this quest! The items cannot be traded once picked up. If Player A has picked up the Amulet of the Medusa and Player B has picked up the Identification item for a phase where Flora Reynard is a thrall, the party will be unable to pacify her.
Determining the current thrall
During each phase of the quest another of the NPCs will become a thrall. They will remain a thrall until the end of the quest so it becomes easier to identify them as the quest progresses. During the last phase, just before the end fight, all the NPCs will be a thrall so any party is guaranteed to identify at least one thrall.
Talking to each NPC during each phase of the quest and reading their initial dialog will give clues about which is currently a thrall. Below are the responses each NPC will give when they have become a thrall.
- Day and Night - The voice - it calls to me! So clear, so strong, so commanding.
Sir Chadrus Thurling
- Day and Night - How grand it will be to see the master of the house. We'll just 'to' have to wait here patiently for him.
- Day - So many fine possessions, gathered over centuries! They must not be disturbed!
- Night - We should not prowl about the house at night, but turn in and wait for our host to arrive.
- Day - It's so quiet here, so peaceful. I could just stay here forever, without a thought in my mind...
- Night - I was just about to retire. Nothing like a soothing night's sleep in the country. It's so quiet here, so peaceful. I could just stay here forever, without a thought in my mind...