Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    Why would you make a game with in a game?
    For fun and something different.
    Not sure what you mean by making it "more real", however. I just very much enjoy the community and people who play the game - and wanted to create an opportunity to interact with them, have a good time, and hand out some prizes.

If you are still confused - drop by on Sunday, and perhaps seeing it in action will help clarify.

Community Member

Is my name taken on Cannith?

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    Is my name taken on Cannith?
    I don't know - is it?

Kinda what I figured. By "more real" what I meant was.....To me DDO is just a game. The community inside the game to me isn't real. The friends I make aren't really friends, just people I play the game with. I understand it is different for you and respect it, just kinda blew my mind when you started talking about spending real money.

But for all its worth wish you many success', and a good time this Sunday.
    Boldor of Renowned

Thumbs up

So I'm kinda confused, and by no way am I trying to troll you. Why would you make a game with in a game? It seems to me you are trying to make DDO more real than it is. Just wondering because I don't understand it.
    Some people, like me, enjoy when extra events from players are created, since it creates variety in the game of hack and slash (And... who doesn't like free stuffs? :P). My personal favorite is the winter hide and seek on Orien hosted by Doratea. I hope to join in on this trivia night event if they are not all scheduled for Sunday, as I do not play that day. Good luck with your first one Memnir! Hope everyone has fun!

~Somewhat Friendly Neighborhood Halfling
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    I hope to join in on this trivia night event if they are not all scheduled for Sunday, as I do not play that day.
    I hear ya. It's hard (nearly impossible) to find a day/time that accommodates everyone. However, I fully plan on mixing up the days and times to try to make future Trivia Nights as accessible as I can for folks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I don't know - is it?
    That was a quiz question - you lost an opportunity to win some TPs =P lol

I hear ya. It's hard (nearly impossible) to find a day/time that accommodates everyone. However, I fully plan on mixing up the days and times to try to make future Trivia Nights as accessible as I can for folks.
    http://youtu.be/218iXiKhKlg

When the upcoming trivia game begins, it will be the 8th of the month for you, but the 9th for me (1 am). But i'll most probably show up, i created a special toon for this occasion (didn't have chars on Cannith) who's name is "dedicated" to you he he (Maybe not very obviously, but you'll probably understand)
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

So I'm kinda confused, and by no way am I trying to troll you. Why would you make a game with in a game? It seems to me you are trying to make DDO more real than it is. Just wondering because I don't understand it.

Player-run live events have been around since the olden days. They most always rock despite being limited to the resources available to "just" players.

Late to the thread, but calendar noted. Hopefully I'll be awake enough to drop by and throw a /wave at ya, Mem.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

It seems to me you are trying to make DDO more real than it is.
    http://youtu.be/Yrch66gdjjk
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Cool

Sweet. Hope to make it to future trivia nights!
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Only two more days to go!

See ya there.

Community Member

Smile right on !!!!! :)

this is going to be fun and I hope I win. (LOL) good luck everyone on sunday.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Pumpkin Heads!

Make sure to wear your anti pumpkin anti device.

The hour draws near!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post

Whoa...

I usually don't get motion sick from viddies. Heh.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Community Member

Don't go there people, it's a trap!!!

[all your prize are belong to me, lol ]
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Whoa...

I usually don't get motion sick from viddies. Heh.
    Btw, i think the song+video is a sarcastic comment on the power of television.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

An hour and a half to go, folks!
    Memnir the Dancing Trivia Bear is now in the Jorasco Foyer. C'mon by and say Hi, whydon'tcha.

Questions are locked n' loaded. Prizes are cruising steadily in a holding pattern. Dancing Trivia Bears are actively dancing. One hour to go.

The forces of Trivia are gathering! The lure of questions and answers is mysterious and powerful! Prizes an unfulfilled promise of expectation. The time is nearly at hand...

Thirty minutes to go....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12