Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Memnir's First Trivia Night! *12/8/13*

Howdy all!

I am beyond happy to announce the first Memnir's Trivia Night!

What started as a way to have fun during the Bridge Protest is going to be an ongoing and regular event held and hosted by yours truly. I had so much fun doing the three Trivia Nights before, I decided to keep the fun rolling, and I would be honored if y'all would join me.

And this time, I have PRIZES! But, more on those later... first, the details.

WHERE AND WHEN
    The event will be held on Sunday, December 8th at 6pm EST.
    The first event will be held on my home server of Cannith. Following events will be held on other servers, tba.
    PLAYERS FROM ALL SERVERS WELCOME AND APPRECIATED! This is not a Cannith-exclusive event what so ever.

The location of the Memnir's Trivia Night will be inside House Jorasco, in House J. Yep - I'll be making use of the actual House Jorasco Structere, in what is properly known as the Jorasco Foyer. It's a nice location, and we'll be out of most folks' way there.

To find the Foyer, zone into House J, trot up to the big House, go up the ramp, and click on the door. Then, just look for Memnir the Dancing Trivia Bear!

I will be there starting at 5:00pm EST, to answer questions about the event, or just to hang out. The Event will begin promptly at 6:00pm EST.

RULES!
    The event will have a few rules to follow, for the sake of order and ease of knowing who got the first correct answer. These worked out very well on the Bridge events, and I will be using them again in the events to come. Here they are:

When answering a question, you must send the answer in the form of a /Tell to Memnir. Answers put into public chat will not be counted, plus you may be giving away the right answer.

After the /Tell - you must go an emote. I suggest /Wave. You need not target anyone specific - I'll just be looking for the /Wave. And it's crucial.
    Why is it crucial? Because it is a public time-stamp on the answer. Everyone can see who got in the emote first, and that nullifies any chance of a mistake being made in the scoring. That said, if a mistake does happen - I will act accordingly to make it right. Usually, both parties get the point... but I also have been known to improvise in the moment.

To take part in the event, just make a character on Cannith if you are not already a citizen - and roll on into House Jorasco. Then try to take the prizes back to your server and know you beat the natives. Cannith Natives - please show up and stand up for server pride! The Event and Prizes are meant to be server neautral, I just need a place to host, and where I play most seemed like a good place to start.

Speaking of prizes...

PRIZES!
    I will be giving away at least 1,250 Turbine Points - maybe more if my budget allows. I'll update this thread if that becomes a reality.

1st place winner will receive at least 500 Turbine Points!
    And three runners up will receive at least 250 Turbine Points apiece.

This way, you can enjoy the prizes on the server of your choice, as opposed to items or money. I figured this would be the best way to appeal to folks of all servers to come out and have fun for all events - regardless of host server.

The questions will cover a broad swath of topics, as in the past. Expect them to be on things like, Movies, TV, Music, DDO trivia, tabletop D&D trivia, Science, Pop Culture, Geography. Pretty much everything is fair game, so be ready for anything.

Want to be a part of the game? Send me a Question!
    If you have a question you think would be a good addition, please sent it to me either as a PM here on the forums, or as an in-game mail to Memnir on Cannith. Please include the name you'd like me to mention when asking this question, as I will give credit where credit is due. If you are present for the event, you will be excluded from answering the question - BUT, you will get a point if you stump the collective quizsters.

Any questions on the event itself, please ask below or PM me.

So, please come on out and have fun with me. This is my way of thanking the DDO players and community for being so damn awesome. I want to not only have a great time with you fine folks, but also to show my appreciation for this community by hosting the best event I can. I need y'all to make it a sucsess, though! So I very much hope to see ya, and can't wait to host the first of many Memnir's Trivia Nights!

Thanks for reading, happy gaming to y'all!
    Last edited by Memnir; 11-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Little update - there is now a version of Memnir the Dancing Trivia Bear on all servers except Thelanis. There already is a Memnir there, so... I went with Memnirs instead.

Also now have the guild Trivia Night on all servers.

If you have any questions you'd like to submit for the event, or any questions/concerns I can answer - please send me an in-game mail on the server of your choosing or PM me here. I'll be checking mail on all servers semi-frequently, so even though it may take me a few days to get back to you, I will get back to you.

Community Member

Awesome. I'm looking forward to this.

Community Member

Thumbs up cool

Very nice of you!

I still remember some years back when i was very fresh to the game, there was a very nice guy in Ghallanda who organised similar contests to give prizes to noobs like me. He had created a special toon for those occasions i think, and had also created a special userchat, where he would announce future contests and whatnot. I remember one of the contests where he would play (from a CD, not himself ) songs and we had to find the title/artist (we were in a party with him) - he was keping score of the correct answers and in the end gave the prizes.

Fun times! B-)

Are the questions all about DDO or are they questions about anything?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Are the questions all about DDO or are they questions about anything?
    Anything, with a healthy number of DDO and tabletop D&D (all editions) trivia tossed in.

Cool! I'll be there!

Memnir rocks!!!

I am not sure I wlill be able to attend but I wish you a happy time, Menir, and good luck to all participating. The questions are *ahem* challenging.

And Memnir, Turbine hopefully backs this more than publishing in the Chronicles - your trivia event is one of the outstanding events that set DDO apart from the mass of MMOs any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Memnir rocks!!!

I am not sure I wlill be able to attend but I wish you a happy time, Menir, and good luck to all participating. The questions are *ahem* challenging.

And Memnir, Turbine hopefully backs this more than publishing in the Chronicles - your trivia event is one of the outstanding events that set DDO apart from the mass of MMOs any time.
    I'm honored and humbled you'd say so. Thank you.

And a big ol' Thank You also to everyone who has sent in potential questions! This is going to be a great batch of questions, and very very fun... can't wait!

***edit*
    I got mention in the Chronicle? Sweet! I hadn't checked out the latest one - but that's great to know.
    Last edited by Memnir; 11-16-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Just a reminder, folks, that the first Trivia Night is rapidly approaching!
    Be there on December 8th, 6:00pm EST, House Jorasco/House Jorasco, Cannith Server.

And there will be PRIZES!!! So, come on out - and maybe you too can say:

See ya there!

Hey Everyone!

Just a reminder that the first Trivia Night will be held this upcoming Sunday, at 6pm EST. For folks not in the U.S., here is a handy dandy time-zone converter to see when that is in your local area: LINK.

I'm getting pretty excited - hope to see you there!

This looks pretty cool!
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Thumbs up

I will be there!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    And there will be PRIZES!!!
    If we have characters on Cannith, can we donate stuff for prizes, or are you only going to give away the point codes?

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    If we have characters on Cannith, can we donate stuff for prizes, or are you only going to give away the point codes?
    While I very much appreciate the offer, I am only giving out point codes so the prizes can be server-neutral.
    This way, if a person who primarily plays on Argo wins a prize, they can take it "home" with them - which they could not do w/ items or monies.
    Last edited by Memnir; 12-02-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Community Member

Ah, cool.

If you haven't already purchased the codes, consider picking up some of the Cyber Monday sale bundles instead. The Catacombs pack is $2.50 for 250 points, and 5 XP elixirs, and a permanent gold seal hire, and a pet, and also catacombs I guess. The Horc bundle is horc + 500 tp for $5.00. Etc. Those are all account codes, so you can give them away just as well as a 250 tp code.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    consider picking up some of the Cyber Monday sale bundles instead.
    Yep - thought about it. But, one, I already have the TP codes. And, two, the budget isn't super awesome at the moment - so I have to let the Cyber Monday deals slide by.

Ah well... would have made for some nice auxiliary prizes, but nothing I'll lament too too much.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Bump.

Only four days till the first Trivia Night extravaganza!!!

Okay, that may be overselling it just a tad, but it should be really fun. Hope you decide to join us.

So I'm kinda confused, and by no way am I trying to troll you. Why would you make a game with in a game? It seems to me you are trying to make DDO more real than it is. Just wondering because I don't understand it.
    Boldor of Renowned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast