Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Racial Past Life feats.

(EDIT: The current incarnation of my idea is displayed following this message, followed by the original idea and post.)

Past Life: Drow -- You were a Drow in a previous life. +2% doublestrike when dual wielding. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Drow is attained three times, you gain SR +1 per character level. This Spell Resistance does not stack with Drow Racial or Monk spell resistances, but does stack with the Divine spells Spell Resistance and Mass Spell Resistance.

Past Life: Dwarf -- You were a Dwarf in a previous life. +15 HP. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Dwarf is attained three times, you gain +1 DC to all tactical feats per ten character levels.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +2 ranged damage. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Elf is attained three times, you also gain 20SP per ten character levels.

Past Life: Half-Elf -- You were a Half-Elf in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Elf is attained three times, you gain 2% healing amplification per three character levels.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +2 damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Orc is attained three times, you gain 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +1% dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Halfling is attained three times, you gain +1% dodge and +1% max dodge bonus per 10 character levels.

Past Life: Human -- You were a Human in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Human is attained three times, no skill you have is considered cross class *IF* it isn't for any class you have taken.

Past Life: Warforged -- You were a warforged in a previous life. +10% Fortification. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Warforged is attained three times, you gain +1 Physical Resistance Rating per two character levels.

(Following is the original post)

(This is considered a first draft idea. I know some of these feats are too powerful or too weak. Suggestions on how to balance it a bit more are appreciated.)

Past Life Feats:

Prerequisites: You must be of the proper race and reach the max level (currently 28) to receive the past life feat when you Reincarnate.

(Non-stacking means this part of the feat does not stack with itself 3 times, as does the stackable part)

Past Life: Drow
    -- You were a Drow in a previous life. +1 to attack when dual wielding. This feat can stack up to 3 times. Non-stacking SR +1 per character level.

Past Life: Dwarf
    -- You were a Dwarf in a previous life. +1 HP per character level. This feat can stack up to 3 times. Non-stacking PRR of 1 per character level.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +1 to attack with ranged weapons. This feat can stack up to 3 times. Non-stacking 5 sp per character level.

Past Life: Half-Elf -- You were a Half-Elf in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. Non-stacking 1% healing amplification per character level.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +1 to damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. Non-stacking 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling
    -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +1% dodge bonus and +1% max dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. Non-stacking +1% dodge per 3 character levels.

Past Life: Human -- You were a Human in a previous life. +1 skill point per level. This feat can stack up to three times. None of your skills are considered cross-class.

Past Life: Warforged
    -- You were a warforged in a previous life. +10% Fortification. This feat can stack up to three times. Non stacking +1 DR to all innate and equipped DR per 3 character levels.

Past Life: Racial Completionist -- +1 to all stats. +1 to all skills.

---

Level 3 min feats:

Past Life - Drow Stealth: You recall more about your life as a Drow. +3 Hide and Move silently, and three times per day you can activate ability Silent and Hidden: +20 Hide and Move Silently for 30 seconds.

Past Life - Dwarven Fervor: You recall more about your life as a Dwarf. +4 saves vs poison and disease, +5 hp per character level. This feat counts as the Toughness feat for prerequisite feats/abilities.

Past Life - Elven Arcane: You recall more about your life as an Elf. 10sp +5 sp per character level. This feat counts as the Mental Toughness feat for prerequisite feats/abilities, but also stacks with it.

Past Life - Half-Elven Diplomat: +3 to Bluff, Intimidate, and Haggle. Your Bluff and Intimidate abilities cool down 50% faster.

Past Life - Half-Orcish Brute: You recall more about your life as a Half-Orc. +4 Intimidate. You gain the ability Focused Rage: You no longer suffer ability score penalties from rage effects.

Past life - Halfling Scoundrel: You recall more about your life as a Halfling. +2 to Charisma based skills. You gain two abilities: Taunt and Incognito - Taunt entices a mob to attack you, by increasing its hate toward you by 10% higher than the highest hate it currently has for another target. Incognito reduces a targeted monsters hate toward you to one less than the lowest hate the mob has for someone. These abilities have cooldowns of 2 minutes and cause each other to go on cooldown.

Past Life - Human Explorer:
    You recall more about your life as a Human. +1 to all skills. All action boosts are 50% more effective, where applicable.

Past Life - Warforged Tactician: You recall more about your life as a Warforged. +2 to the DC of all Tactical feats. 20% faster cooldown on all Tactical feats.
    Last edited by Certon; 11-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.

It seems a lot of thought went into this, and while the idea of a racial past life is pretty old, like, it was talked about 3 years ago kind of old, it's still a good idea.

The biggest question people bring up with this however, is would a player get this along with their class past life (or epic past life) feat, or would it require it's own "heart"

These would have to be retroactive

Keeping in mind that the level cap is going up to 30.

I'll try give feedback anyway

Drow is too weak, nobody cares about +3 to attack. Make it 1% double strike when dual wielding per life, spell resistance should be 1 per 5 levels.

Dwarf is too op. 90hp is too much especially when coupled with the PRR, Make it +1 max dex bonus per life, & non stacking, +1 Tactical DC per 10 character levels.

Elf is too weak. Again nobody cares about +3 to attack, the SP bonus is as good as mental toughness. Make it a flat 10sp per life stacking 3 times, & non stacking, equipped bows get a +1 enhancement bonus per 10 character levels.

Helf : 30% heal amp too strong, +3 to all skills is nice. keep the skills. Change the heal amp to: Intimidate, Diplomacy, and Bluff are no longer considered cross-class.

Horc is pretty good.

Halfling too op. Your proposal alone gives 13 dodge (out of max possible 31) change the non stacking dodge to 1 per 10 levels. (6/31 dodge)

Human is interesting, but i think op. You're essentially giving everyone 3 free skill points per level and max ranks in umd. Change human to +1 action boost per life & non stacking 1% heal/repair amp for every 2 levels.

Warforged, I doubt the devs could code your version. Give w/f 5prr per past life, and non stacking 1% fort per character level.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 11-15-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Keeping in mind that the level cap is going up to 30.

I'll try give feedback anyway

Drow is too weak, nobody cares about +3 to attack. Make it 1% double strike when dual wielding per life, spell resistance should be 1 per 5 levels.

Dwarf is too op. 90hp is too much especially when coupled with the PRR, Make it +1 max dex bonus per life, & non stacking, +1 Tactical DC per 10 character levels.

Elf is too weak. Again nobody cares about +3 to attack, the SP bonus is as good as mental toughness. Make it a flat 10sp per life stacking 3 times, & non stacking, equipped bows get a +1 enhancement bonus per 10 character levels.

Helf : 30% heal amp too strong, +3 to all skills is nice. keep the skills. Change the heal amp to: Intimidate, Diplomacy, and Bluff are no longer considered cross-class.

Horc is pretty good.

Halfling too op. Your proposal alone gives 13 dodge (out of max possible 31) change the non stacking dodge to 1 per 10 levels. (6/31 dodge)

Human is interesting, but i think op. You're essentially giving everyone 3 free skill points per level and max ranks in umd. Change human to +1 action boost per life & non stacking 1% heal/repair amp for every 2 levels.

Warforged, I doubt the devs could code your version. Give w/f 5prr per past life, and non stacking 1% fort per character level.
    Hmmm. You've given me a lot to think about...

Would changing the mechanics behind the acquisition of these abilities make them less OP? For example:

---

Past Life: Drow -- You were a Drow in a previous life. +2% doublestrike when dual wielding. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Drow is attained three times, you gain SR +1 per character level. This Spell Resistance does not stack with Drow Racial or Monk spell resistances, but does stack with the Divine spells Spell Resistance and Mass Spell Resistance.

Past Life: Dwarf -- You were a Dwarf in a previous life. +15 HP. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Dwarf is attained three times, you gain PRR of 1 per character level.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +2% doubleshot with ranged weapons. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Elf is attained three times, you also gain 5 sp per character level.

Past Life: Half-Elf -- You were a Half-Elf in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Elf is attained three times, you gain 1% healing amplification per character level.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +2 to damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Orc is attained three times, you gain 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +1% dodge bonus and +1% max dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Halfling is attained three times, you gain +1% dodge per 3 character levels.

Past Life: Human -- You were a Human in a previous life. +1 skill point per level. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Human is attained three times, none of your skills are considered cross-class.

Past Life: Warforged -- You were a warforged in a previous life. +10% Fortification. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Warforged is attained three times, you gain +1 DR to all innate and equipped DR per 3 character levels.

---

Does this temper the powerful nature of these feats and make them more manageable, or are they still too powerful?

For example: the Human past life still has most likely a maximum UMD score, but only after you're Reincarnated three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    These would have to be retroactive
    Why?

To the op,

Let's forget about the benefits you have listed for second and think of it as part of the core of TRing, a great idea for sure. It would give incentives to run a character in different races, i like it.
    Last edited by Miow; 11-15-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Hmmm. You've given me a lot to think about...

Would changing the mechanics behind the acquisition of these abilities make them less OP? For example:

---

Past Life: Dwarf -- You were a Dwarf in a previous life. +15 HP. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Dwarf is attained three times, you gain PRR of 1 per character level.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +2% doubleshot with ranged weapons. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Elf is attained three times, you also gain 5 sp per character level.

Past Life: Half-Elf -- You were a Half-Elf in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Elf is attained three times, you gain 1% healing amplification per character level.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +2 to damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Orc is attained three times, you gain 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +1% dodge bonus and +1% max dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Halfling is attained three times, you gain +1% dodge per 3 character levels.

Past Life: Human -- You were a Human in a previous life. +1 skill point per level. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Human is attained three times, none of your skills are considered cross-class.

Past Life: Warforged -- You were a warforged in a previous life. +10% Fortification. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Warforged is attained three times, you gain +1 DR to all innate and equipped DR per 3 character levels.

---

Does this temper the powerful nature of these feats and make them more manageable, or are they still too powerful?

For example: the Human past life still has most likely a maximum UMD score, but only after you're Reincarnated three times.
    Not in the slightest, halfing and human especially are still too powerful.

With your suggestion, on my path to completionist, I'd do 3 halfling lives, 3 human lives, 3helf, and 3elf (doubleshot sucks, I'll do it for the sp)

Dwarf would be the last race I wish I could squeeze in, then the others are a pile of meh in comparison.

My final life Bladeforged 16/2/2 (monk/wiz/fighter)
    Then my character naked will have at the absolute minimum :
    5skill points per level, full ranks in umd, repair, concentration, balance, spot.
    13/31 dodge granted free
    150sp = 6 reconstructs per rest.

I'm sorry to say it, but your version is simply too powerful in some areas and too weak in others. You won't be able to bring the weaker versions up to par without creating too large a difference between those who have multiple TR's and those who do not.

Not in the slightest, halfing and human especially are still too powerful.

With your suggestion, on my path to completionist, I'd do 3 halfling lives, 3 human lives, 3helf, and 3elf (doubleshot sucks, I'll do it for the sp)

Dwarf would be the last race I wish I could squeeze in, then the others are a pile of meh in comparison.

My final life Bladeforged 16/2/2 (monk/wiz/fighter)
    Then my character naked will have at the absolute minimum :
    5skill points per level, full ranks in umd, repair, concentration, balance, spot.
    13/31 dodge granted free
    150sp = 6 reconstructs per rest.

I'm sorry to say it, but your version is simply too powerful in some areas and too weak in others. You won't be able to bring the weaker versions up to par without creating too large a difference between those who have multiple TR's and those who do not.
    I appreciate your criticism. I will look further into this.

I have a question: the bonuses you mention above are all at level 30, correct? Would 150 extra spell points make a difference then? If you were a Sorc with 3500 SP at level 30, the additional 150 would be less than a 5% bump.

Now, assuming you could get your dodge up to, say 40%, you have a good point. That is more powerful than displacement. Maybe 2% dodge but no increase to cap, making it easier to cap out but not to reach 40%.

I think I found a middle ground for Human...

A Slight Tweak:

---

Past Life: Drow -- You were a Drow in a previous life. +3% doublestrike when dual wielding. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Drow is attained three times, you gain SR +1 per character level. This Spell Resistance does not stack with Drow Racial or Monk spell resistances, but does stack with the Divine spells Spell Resistance and Mass Spell Resistance.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +3% doubleshot with ranged weapons. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Elf is attained three times, you also gain 5 sp per character level.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +10% damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Orc is attained three times, you gain 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +2% dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Halfling is attained three times, you gain +1% dodge per 3 character levels.

Past Life: Human -- You were a Human in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Human is attained three times, no skill you have is considered cross class *IF* it isn't for any class you have taken.

---

How is this?

You're still going for numbers that are too big here, Remember that racial past lives would be acquired effectively free with classes etc.
    The numbers you're putting forward are too big a gap between haves, and have nots.

Drow: I'd probably stick with 2% double strike, just to avoid getting overpowered, SR is nice.

Dwarf : I'd prefer to have seen tactics and + max dex bonus in armor here, but your suggestion isn't too op now.

Elf : Double shot is a useless mechanic, Avoid it. Stick with +2 ranged damage per life, same as ranger. 3 lives still give more sp than 3fvs and 3sorc lives combined, it is too much.

Horc is now too powerful, 10% extra damage is huge. Stick with 2 damage with a 2handed weapon equipped. (consider ranger lives are only +2 damage with ranged weapons)

Halfling now gives 16/28 max possible dodge. 1 dodge per 3 levels is just too good, I think that's the part you've not grasped yet. keep 1% dodge + 1% max per life, change the secondary to 1 per 10 levels.

That's a good & interesting fix for human.

Warforged : I like the fortification, however the DR as you've described is a nightmare to understand let alone code, It'd be much simpler to give WF PRR and change dwarven PRR into something that reflects their natural prowess in armor (+ MDB)

I appreciate your criticism. I will look further into this.

I have a question: the bonuses you mention above are all at level 30, correct? Would 150 extra spell points make a difference then? If you were a Sorc with 3500 SP at level 30, the additional 150 would be less than a 5% bump.

Now, assuming you could get your dodge up to, say 40%, you have a good point. That is more powerful than displacement. Maybe 2% dodge but no increase to cap, making it easier to cap out but not to reach 40%
    The maximum dodge without enhancements is 25. The best item around grants 10% dodge. I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't think you understand how good dodge is. Automatically giving anyone that much of the maximum dodge is over powered.

Regarding SP at level 30 compare these:

Your proposal = 150sp
    sorc life = 20sp per life
    fvs life = 20sp per life
    Mental toughness = 155sp
    Epic mental toughness = 200sp
    Best augment = 250sp
    best item = 250sp

30% heal amp is also too much, You know 3 paladin lives only grant 15% right?

I'm sorry to be rude, but I'm sticking with my first suggestion.
    Your proposals are too overpowered when compared to current class / epic / iconic lives.

I'm sorry to be rude, but I'm sticking with my first suggestion.
    Your proposals are too overpowered when compared to current class / epic / iconic lives.
    No offense taken. At all. As always, thank you for your suggestions. I'll look over everything further.

The maximum dodge without enhancements is 25. The best item around grants 10% dodge. I don't mean to be rude, but I really don't think you understand how good dodge is. Automatically giving anyone that much of the maximum dodge is over powered.

Regarding SP at level 30 compare these:

Your proposal = 150sp
    sorc life = 20sp per life
    fvs life = 20sp per life
    Mental toughness = 155sp
    Epic mental toughness = 200sp
    Best augment = 250sp
    best item = 250sp

30% heal amp is also too much, You know 3 paladin lives only grant 15% right?
    You made a lot of very good points. Here is my final suggestion for the week:

Tweaked again:

Past Life: Dwarf -- You were a Dwarf in a previous life. +15 HP. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Dwarf is attained three times, you gain +1 DC to all tactical feats per ten character levels.

Past Life: Elf -- You were an Elf in a previous life. +2 ranged damage. This feat can stack up to 3 times. If Past Life: Elf is attained three times, you also gain 20SP per ten character levels.

Past Life: Half-Elf -- You were a Half-Elf in a previous life. +1 to all skills. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Elf is attained three times, you gain 2% healing amplification per three character levels.

Past Life: Half-Orc -- You were a Half-Orc in a previous life. +2 damage with two handed weapons. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Half-Orc is attained three times, you gain 1% glancing blow damage per character level.

Past Life: Halfling -- You were a halfling in a previous life. +1% dodge bonus. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Halfling is attained three times, you gain +1% dodge and +1% max dodge bonus per 10 character levels.

Past Life: Warforged -- You were a warforged in a previous life. +10% Fortification. This feat can stack up to three times. If Past Life: Warforged is attained three times, you gain +1 Physical Resistance Rating per two character levels.

you know, you could just make the past life feats only effect the current race and that would make the most sense, that way as opposed to doing every race, players could focus on the favorite.

IE:

Drow: You were a Drow in your past, and if you are currently a Drow you now posses Paragon Abilities: You gain +2% Double Strike while TWF (stacks) and +1 SR per level that stacks with your existing Racial Abilities (does not stack).

That way, you can't just make some super toon, you are always limited to just one racial past life ability at any time.

Tweaked again:

I could get behind these and support em

Tweaked again:

I love the concept, but i think it'd be even better if it were +1% doublestrike per life + 5 poison resistance per life.

Really nice, but since barbarian past life gives +10 hp/life, reducing it to that amount would be great.

Add in additional +2 damage from light weapons if you have weapons finesse, and simplify mana boost to +2 mana per level.

Skills are great, but I'd nerf the healamp down to 2%/4 levels instead.

Perfect flavor wise.

Throw on a +1 ac per life to this as well.

Rogue-splashes would love you for this. However, the first effect is the same as half-elf, thus it should be made different.

Throw in a blanket +2 repair per life.
    Comments in Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I can't decide if this works better as a portmanteau of "human" and "moron," or as an eternally smiling alien from the planet Humor. Maybe both?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    Comments in Red
    I like the basic idea and format in principle, but agree that they are overpowered with reference to both existing past life feats and when comparing completionist to newb, factoring in you would get both racial and class past lifes with each tr.

(At very least change the benefit you get from having 3 past lifes to be a toggle, only one of which can be active = paragon ability suggested by other poster)
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    I like the basic idea and format in principle, but agree that they are overpowered with reference to both existing past life feats and when comparing completionist to newb, factoring in you would get both racial and class past lifes with each tr.

(At very least change the benefit you get from having 3 past lifes to be a toggle, only one of which can be active = paragon ability suggested by other poster)
    I will add the current build of the Racial PL feats to the original post to disambiguate the state of the process.

Would there be a race version of completionist?

Would a character get both racial and class past lives upon TRing, or have to choose?
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast