Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDO Bonus Days*

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    So, here's the deal...

DDO Bonus Days brings you +20% Challenge Rewards, now through November 17th!

Except, um, when applying the bonus to the game worlds we realized that we'd never actually turned it off from the last time there was a challenge boost, so...

DDO Bonus Days continues the +20% Challenge Rewards, through November 17th! This is your final weekend to enjoy the bonus you've been getting for almost a month!
    Any chance you can forget about the next xp bonus?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    Best way to get Dungeon Tokens and nice augments -- and Heroic Hearts of Wood... so long as you're not above level 25 or so.
    Which augments are bartered with challenge mats?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Which augments are bartered with challenge mats?
    I'm guessing: challenge mats -> Dungeon tokens -> augments.

So, here's the deal...

Except, um, when applying the bonus to the game worlds we realized that we'd never actually turned it off from the last time there was a challenge boost, so...

DDO Bonus Days continues the +20% Challenge Rewards, through November 17th! This is your final weekend to enjoy the bonus you've been getting for almost a month!

Wish I'da known it'd been on all month! Would have done more Vault of the Artificers stuff. Maybe I ought to finally look at the XP break down window from time to time.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

So, here's the deal...

Should just leave it on forever. Challenges need more incentive to be run. Personally I would not mind seeing an update in the near future. Minimum level 30 Spare hand sounds like an item I would want to see some day.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Challenges are still relevant to some of us.

Not only am I getting items I can use out of the heroic challenges, I actually enjoy playing them just for the sake of playing them. Some of us even dedicate character slots to it (e.g. see this and this for ideas). For me doing a challenge well feels like a different experience than running a quest well, so it adds some variety to my gameplay. The XP is just icing on top for me, but once or twice I have belatedly found myself at the XP cap on my level after doing a bit of Challenge running so if anything it is more than I would expect.

I realize that the level capped crowd does not get much out of them and I hope that gets corrected. I would definitely vote for a way to convert epic materials to heroic materials, and a level cap increase on the epic challenges. But I feel that it is not accurate to declare them dead in general.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12