Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    How deep are these pockets?
    Herioc Otto's box 4995 TP
    Epic Otto's box 4995 TP
    Iconic Heart of Wood 1495 TP (because, based on the time frame not going to get enough CoV to buy a heart)
    11485 TP per Iconic TR
    x12 (x3 each Iconic class) 137820 TP
    (we will gimme the 13th Heroic class free and call it the first life)

137820 TP
    Based on the current cost of turbine points you would have to buy the 200 dollar bundle 6 times to pay for that. So $1200 to "buy" all Iconic lives.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    I don't know, I'm kinda thinking the main factor is "value" or bang for your buck (time spent in this case) arriving at "completionist" with basically all your ED's fully done and full fate points. Seems like a healthy enticement...

Leveling Iconic lives from 15 to 28 is 13 levels, over more XP yes. But look at how much more you'll have finished when you arrive at completionist. Suppose you only do enough to get 1 of each iconic past life (and with it a "free" heroic past life). That's 4 classes scratched off your list, and 4 trips through 20-28 gaining ED XP, and Karma. I figure I managed to get a maxed ED every 3 epic levels. So running with that, at 3 Epic levels per full ED (very approximate I know) we have 4 Iconic/Epic TR's X 8 /3 = 10.6 ED's maxed out. So just adding 4 Iconic runs to your completionist Journey gives you 4 class past lives 4 Iconic past lives, 4 Epic past lives and essentially maxed out nearly all ED's...

Hopefully I am not botching details here (I assume you get en Epic past like on an iconic 15-28 TR) because I honestly have not had the time to sit down with a cup of coffee and study the new system on wiki (assuming it's up on wiki already, usually a safe assumption); but it looks like you're trying to earn twice the XP in quests that have more XP, while gaining 4 times the benefit (Heroic, Iconic and Epic past lives and filling up ED's.

I wouldn't be surprised if 5 iconic TR's isn't the new way to do completionist. Be interesting to know how much more epic XP there is per quest, so that XP number could be compared more accurately.
    you do not get an Epic & Iconic PL

Iconic TR grants Iconic & Heroic PL

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    Based on the current cost of turbine points you would have to buy the 200 dollar bundle 6 times to pay for that. So $1200 to "buy" all Iconic lives.
    I support anyone who wants to P2W this many lives and keep DDO up and running

Or, you could always hire a Korean kid to get your completionist for you for a fraction of that.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

At that point you are paying to not have to play the game. A logic that escapes me.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I could use cocoon while I was madstone raged............is it the same thing? sorry never played a barbarian.
    Cocoon works while madstoned, but not while barbarian raged.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

At that point you are paying to not have to play the game. A logic that escapes me.
    People have been doing that for a while now. I'm with you though, paying to not play is something that escapes me. However, I get the feeling the most profits Turbine made this year comes from Otto's boxes, bypasses and store-only tomes.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Feithlin View Post
    Cocoon works while madstoned, but not while barbarian raged.
    sucks poor barbs lol.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Capping at Lvl 28, and later lvl 30, and grinding your CoVs sounds to me like a lot more work than running a character to lvl 20 and TRing while another character farms Tokens of the 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Capping at Lvl 28, and later lvl 30, and grinding your CoVs sounds to me like a lot more work than running a character to lvl 20 and TRing while another character farms Tokens of the 12.
    ^^^ and what I'm still doing that.

Though, for xmas my RL friends who play generally toss each other TP or boxes/stones. Last one I called "farging paladin"; it was an awesome gift.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12