Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yeap exactly.
    That would give a pretty boring thread, though.

Person 1: "I'm angry"
    Person 2: "Ok"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No, its not. The entire point was that the poster and many others did not know the worlds were coming down. The fact that he used the wrong word is what everyone else is latching onto.
    Nothing about his post implied to me that he did not know the servers were going down (it probably would have been wise for him to state that if that were his point since communicating directly is generally the best way to get a point across). What I read from his statement was that there was not much notice given and that conflicted with his preferred definition of the word scheduled. I assumed this thread was created solely because the servers were down and he had nothing better to do than post a joke thread to spark some conversation (which it did). If he had a valid point he would have taken the time to make an argument rather than post a single sentence. Well thought out arguments have points to back them up which set the stage for a debate. Eight word posts like the original post are too vague to focus the conversation and instead result in a variety of responses (some of which you dislike).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Only if they planned it. If you are sitting on the couch and say, "I think I will go to the bathroom 1 minute from now" then that was scheduled. If you say, "I am going to head to the bathroom right now" then that was unscheduled. Make a plan and you will always be on a schedule. Make no plans and you will always be spontaneous (i.e. unscheduled).
    Even if you just rush to the toilet, it can at a stretch be called scheduled. But if you do it unintentionally on the couch, its completely unscheduled.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123