Default Sacred defender bonus stance hitpoints can still be lost when switching to scroll BUG

Recently with update 20, the sacred defender bonus hitpoints when using a shield, but switching weapon sets, even with the same shield, bug that caused a loss of your bonus HP has been fixed.

Yay!

However, an edge case remains:

With the stance active, enjoying your bonus HP, click on a scroll on your hotbar. Poof! Loss of bonus hp.
    As per the description, bonus is with shield equipped, so dropping your weapon and grabbing a scroll with your mainhand should NOT remove the HP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Recently with update 20, the sacred defender bonus hitpoints when using a shield, but switching weapon sets, even with the same shield, bug that caused a loss of your bonus HP has been fixed.

Yay!

However, an edge case remains:

With the stance active, enjoying your bonus HP, click on a scroll on your hotbar. Poof! Loss of bonus hp.
    As per the description, bonus is with shield equipped, so dropping your weapon and grabbing a scroll with your mainhand should NOT remove the HP.
    they have us on a technicality there though as the bonus only applies if you have a shield and a weapon, and scrolls don't count as a weapon.

would be nice to see them remove that limit, better to give the THF and TWF palies/fighters their top tier defensive bonuses back by removing all requirements.

i guess this means i can at least swap to my devotion stick for an SP based heal, but if i run out of SP i will still lose my full HP bonus when i need to wand or scroll. annoying but a step in the right direction.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I found out last night that you still lose hitpoints if you swap shields. So half way fixed I guess?

Of course the moving to the left at the end of every attack sequence is still there for male humans/half-elves even though it was removed from the known issue list.

Also, if you change to a different weapon set that consists of a different weapon and different shield, you temporarily lose your extra hit points, even though you always had a weapon and shield equipped. It's nice to see this issue partially fixed, but I would really like to see this addressed as well.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    Also, if you change to a different weapon set that consists of a different weapon and different shield, you temporarily lose your extra hit points, even though you always had a weapon and shield equipped. It's nice to see this issue partially fixed, but I would really like to see this addressed as well.
    After talking about this last part, it was pointed out to me that technically you put down one shield and pick up another, so = loss of hp. Doesnt explain scroll loss.

Which hand does the scroll go to?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    After talking about this last part, it was pointed out to me that technically you put down one shield and pick up another, so = loss of hp. Doesnt explain scroll loss.
    Sure, but on the other hand I would think the idea of the defender bonuses is that you are S&B. Changing to a different weapon set that is also S&B means that you're remaining S&B. Unless this gets changed I'll probably just go with using one shield...and I just finished crafting a new shield good thing I didn't put an augment in it yet. In general, I'm not sure why the developers would purposely cause you to lose hit points because you wanted to change weapon and shield sets. Instead I would think this was just an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Which hand does the scroll go to?
    It goes to your primary weapon hand. Technically you are scroll and shield, not weapon and shield. I agree with the OP that this shouldn't remove your Defender bonus.