Community Member

Default Keymapping issue

I am setting keybindindings for my second hot bar and everytime I log out and log back in the game forgets all my keybindings. Does anyone know a work around or a file I can edit. I have tried using different modifier keys or even no modifier key and always the same result.

Try running DDO as Administrator. If you're not doing that, Windows can become confused by what authentication is attempting to write to your documents folder and sets it to be read-only. This link will explain how to always run DDO as an Administrator from Windows Vista through 8.1.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Try running DDO as Administrator. If you're not doing that, Windows can become confused by what authentication is attempting to write to your documents folder and sets it to be read-only. This link will explain how to always run DDO as an Administrator from Windows Vista through 8.1.

Best of luck!
    Thank you very much!
    This solved the issue with the small exception that my start menu option was resume download and it wouldn't run in administrator mode so I went to C:\ProgramData\Turbine\DDO Unlimited and made the Turbine Launcher run as administrator and now start the game from there with saved keybinds intact.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post

Best of luck!

I have been trying to fix this problem for a while now, and posted a few help requests that received no response.

I stumbled across your post and now my issue is fixed.

So, a big thank you.