Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member JJtheDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    58

    Default Iconic tr'ing question

    So when I was running with a couple people I was talking about how excited I was for the new bladeforged introduced to us that hadn't preordered and was like man I wish I could tr my toon who would be perfect fit for a pure bladeforged and they told me it was possible ! Is this true CAN you tr into a iconic?
    Bellringer 7 fighter/5ranger 2 monk 2nd life
    Totooth SD 7 fighter 3rd life
    Auroseal 2nd life rogue dwarf

  2. #2
    Community Member TPICKRELL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JJtheDark View Post
    So when I was running with a couple people I was talking about how excited I was for the new bladeforged introduced to us that hadn't preordered and was like man I wish I could tr my toon who would be perfect fit for a pure bladeforged and they told me it was possible ! Is this true CAN you tr into a iconic?
    Yes. As long as you own the iconics you can choose them on the character creation screen for your next life. You will then start with enough XP to get to level 15. If you want to TR again, you will need to level to 28 and perform an iconic tr instead of a heroic tr.

  3. #3
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    As long as you own the iconics you can choose them on the character creation screen for your next life. You will then start with enough XP to get to level 15. If you want to TR again, you will need to level to 28 and perform an iconic tr instead of a heroic tr.
    This is correct. (The level 28 requirement is expected to go up when level cap is raised, to stay with level cap.)

  4. #4
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    When TRing or LRing are we still forced to take the first level of the Iconic class (Pally for Bladeforged, Fighter for PDK...) or has that restriction been removed?
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  5. #5
    Community Member DemonMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    When TRing or LRing are we still forced to take the first level of the Iconic class (Pally for Bladeforged, Fighter for PDK...) or has that restriction been removed?
    The only way to get rid of the Iconic classes first level is to use a LR+1.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

  6. #6
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is correct. (The level 28 requirement is expected to go up when level cap is raised, to stay with level cap.)
    Translation- It is in your best interest to start sooner rather then later. Well...if you do not mind risking the bugs that still need to be stomped.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

    Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

  7. #7
    Community Member crazycaren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    156

    Default tr from heroic 34 pt build to iconic

    If I TR from a 34pt build to an iconic, how many pts will I have to play with? 34? 36? 28?
    Why not invite your spouse to play?

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycaren View Post
    If I TR from a 34pt build to an iconic, how many pts will I have to play with? 34? 36? 28?
    9,183,436.

    Or just the last two digits.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    The only way to get rid of the Iconic classes first level is to use a LR+1.
    And don't, as others have done, forget the alignment restriction. Bladeforged start Lawful Good (because Paladin) and you'd have to use the LR+1 heart to remove the Paladin level before you can change your alignment. This means you have to level up all the way to 15 first, because you can't use the LR heart until you've taken the levels you have the XP for... only then you can use the LR heart, change the Pally level (to a class that is allowed to be lawful but also doesn't have to be), then use the alignment change tome. This in turn means that if you were hoping to mostly belong to a class that can't be Lawful (Bard, Barb), you will need a lot more than the +1 heart and the alignment change tome to fix it.

    And we won't even get into what will happen if you multi-classed when you bought levels up to 15 in the first place and try to swap out for further classes

    Honestly, Iconic TR'ing is pretty inelegant at the moment. If you're planning on belonging to classes that either have to be Lawful or don't care if they are, you're home and dry; I just thought a warning might be appropriate at this point, just in case
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

    And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload