Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    in my online "How Not to be Terrible at DDO" course
    Where do I sign up and how much ghostbane will it cost me?

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    You said it was op, not me. You should explain it. I said a moron could see the nerf bat coming
    I said MIGHT BE. Don't misquote me, that's my schtick.

Woowoo had become THE way to kill ee trash. And based on the nerf history of this game, it was clear to me that it wouldnt last

I don't think the devs ever intended woowoo to be a 30% proc/auto drain item that results in thousands and thousands of hps lost

Should they have changed it earlier, seen things earlier etc, built ee to be more than huge hp dummies. Maybe, but thats another thread

So a trash-killing weapon being effective on trash is a clear sign that it's over-powered?

So a trash-killing weapon being effective on trash is a clear sign that it's over-powered?
    Are we really back to the op thing again? Im sorry your items got nerfed, but if you consider yourself an expert on all things ddo (and i know u do), u should have seen it coming

They're never long nerfing item effects. Spells take a little longer and class abilities take forever. So my advice to you is to roll a monk

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

CitW Nightmare was overpowered against any enemies that had huge HP pools and didn't have any resistance to negative levels - i.e. pretty much nothing in the game.

It was the best-in-slot for one particular type of trash enemy, but even there it wasn't vastly overpowered compared to raw DPS weapons. Tone it down a little? Fine. No need to smack it this hard, though.

Also, I don't think it's appropriate to ask for a Ghostbane trade-in. Ghostbane is already horribly overpowered and will receive its own nerf soon.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

@The_Troll: Beware, lest thy acid tongue dissolve thy head.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

put your mabar vampire augment in its red slot, andoh oh oh; now I see why it was nerfed
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

My easy-button is the "Login" button. When you're Teh Troll all buttons are easy.

So nerfing a weapon to the point of it being worthless is the proper way to address some weapons that were arguably over-powered against TRASH?

I'm not completely insane and will concede the 100% woowooo rate on a crit might have been too much, but what we have now is way too little. We now have a trash weapon that isn't particularly good at killing trash.

It's like Turbine never learned that valuable life-lesson from "Goldilocks and the Three Bears."
    Isn't this about equivalent to fixing overpowered stat damagers with con 0 = not dead while simultaneously introducing 90% stat-damage shield on mobs for epic hard and elite? Turbine works really really hard and takes pride in reminding us they don't have a clue (like we could forget).
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Turbine does seem to go a little overboard on the nerfs. Did it need dialing a little back? Probably. But it was not dialed back, it was nerfed from orbit... along with its family and friends, and their friends, and someone they once saw in a shopping mall in 1983.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 11-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Isn't this about equivalent to fixing overpowered stat damagers with con 0 = not dead while simultaneously introducing 90% stat-damage shield on mobs for epic hard and elite? Turbine works really really hard and takes pride in reminding us they don't have a clue (like we could forget).
    Not at all. I heroic WOPs are far more useful than Nightmares are in Epic now.

Nice try. Big difference between building to be effective and investing time in something so obviously headed for the nerf-zone, you'd have to be a moron not to see it coming and not understand why it was done
    Was a nice try, cause i nailed it right on the head.

You are referring to optimization. Each time we show them what the most optimal burst abiltiy or insta kill ability is - people cry about it calling it the easy button and then demand nerfs.

There are far more OP abilities than nightmare weapons from a top tier raid. By degree, this in no way fit into the "obviously headed for nerf zone" - not to mention its been around for 18 months now. If it was so obvious, why did it take so long?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    There are far more OP abilities than nightmare weapons . . .
    COUGH . . . monkchers . . . . cough.

Sorry, had some cheese in my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Where do I sign up and how much ghostbane will it cost me?
    Do you have the Ghostbane Express card? Don't leave home without it.

There are far more OP abilities than nightmare weapons from a top tier raid. By degree, this in no way fit into the "obviously headed for nerf zone" - not to mention its been around for 18 months now. If it was so obvious, why did it take so long?
    Key there is "abilities". This is a weapon effect. If its a weapon effect and its reasonably safe to assume the devs think its doing more than they want it to, its heading for a nerf

History has shown theyre far more willing to tinker with weapon effects than other stuff. So yes, this one was very obvious

Community Member

you warm-blooded creatures
    What makes you think trolls are ectothermic? They're Giant-kin, like ogres, and both Giants and Ogres are clearly mammalian...they have hair, not scales...they wear fur shawls and loincloths, which would be rather pointless for an ectothermic animal...and their regeneration ability suggests an extremely fast metabolism that would necessitate endothermy.

Trolls are warm-blooded

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    What makes you think trolls are ectothermic? They're Giant-kin, like ogres, and both Giants and Ogres are clearly mammalian...they have hair, not scales...they wear fur shawls and loincloths, which would be rather pointless for an ectothermic animal...and their regeneration ability suggests an extremely fast metabolism that would necessitate endothermy.

Trolls are warm-blooded
    How dare you prove Teh_Troll in error!!! Now we shall ALL burn for your heresy. AAaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

j/k
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Trolls are warm-blooded
    cold-blooded
    adjective

I dunno, guys. Seems to fit
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

I like the turn this thread has taken. Carry on.

Key there is "abilities". This is a weapon effect. If its a weapon effect and its reasonably safe to assume the devs think its doing more than they want it to, its heading for a nerf
    There are far more powerful weapon effects too.

Nightmare had an inverse proportionate relationship where it was least effective in cases where it should be the most powerful. Level drain is more powerful the higher the HP the mobs have. The highest HP mobs are raid bosses - doesnt work on them. The highest HP trash is in EE, which has level drain resistance, and regens levels faster than EH or EN mobs do - which you can kill with straight DPS far faster than you can with a level drain weapon. Nightmares niche was orange named in EE - where it was the most effective. People cried about it, and now we will simply have to furyshot them down instead of using nightmares, until people start crying about that too.

History has shown theyre far more willing to tinker with weapon effects than other stuff. So yes, this one was very obvious
    Hardly, theyve nerfed the shinola out of quite a few other abilities people have built for over the years too. Roll up a paladin lately? How about glancing blows while moving? WHere mah AC tanks at?
    Last edited by Chai; 11-13-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Hardly, theyve nerfed the shinola out of quite a few other abilities people have built for over the years too. Roll up a paladin lately? How about glancing blows while moving? WHere mah AC tanks at?
    These nerfs had to happen, they make monks stronger.

It's all about the pay2win monks.

These nerfs had to happen, they make monks stronger.

It's all about the pay2win monks.
    Yes I forgot, we needed to have earth stance while butt-naked riding a zeebra be more PRR than fully encased in metal with a sheild the size of a door to a bank vault.

My bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast