Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default My Otto's Boxes haven't been retroactively changed? Thanks for screwing me!

This is amazing, I go to heroic TR into an iconic - and realize that my heroic otto's stone still describes the ML 8 (8-->16) functionality.

Hey Devs - Iconics are holding level 15 already - this stone is worthless to me. I guinea pigged one of my 7 boxes ($$?) and only received like 600k xp on my iconic.

Sure these stones are fine for a non-iconic toon, but that isn't my problem. I should be given the option to turn my old boxes in for the new ones. This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

So you worry about that the stones worked as stated in the description of the item?

But I agree that there should be only one version of the same item. That is in general a problem in ddo that there are various versions (deprecated and updated) of the same item, and I am not speaking of different levels (tier1-3 or e/h/n/EN/EH/EE).

They have screwed up big time when it comes to a 50$ store item. No excuses.

Community Member

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428741 I'm not saying it's fair. But I am saying it was known before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/428741 I'm not saying it's fair. But I am saying it was known before the update.
    True story.

Community Member

I dont even...

I bought a Playstation 1 once and now they are coming out with the Playstation 4! Sony should give me a Playstation 4! This is garbage! What kind of customer service is this from Sony????!?!!

How dare they sell something as being EXACTLY what they said it was when selling it and then you get what you purchased? WHAT THE HECK!
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    This is amazing, I go to heroic TR into an iconic - and realize that my heroic otto's stone still describes the ML 8 (8-->16) functionality.

Hey Devs - Iconics are holding level 15 already - this stone is worthless to me. I guinea pigged one of my 7 boxes ($$?) and only received like 600k xp on my iconic.

Sure these stones are fine for a non-iconic toon, but that isn't my problem. I should be given the option to turn my old boxes in for the new ones. This is absolutely ridiculous.

So new Otto's box gives:
    2mm xp unbound stone usable and tradable by anyone once per life and is augmented by all xp boosters.. can be used anytime before level 20.
    and a reincarnation bypass timer

Nice to see how they locked down the reincarnations to 3 days where you could TR/LR to bypass and then introduce a reincarnation bypass stone as part of the new Otto's box.
    retroactively chaged the old otto's box xp stone to no longer be tradable or usable on others and added a "free" reincaration timer reset to the new boxes.

so the extra otto's boxes I purchased for future TR's and trades is now substatially worth less then the new box which can be used by anyone including iconics to full value.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzpxpzZ View Post
    I dont even...

I bought a Playstation 1 once and now they are coming out with the Playstation 4! Sony should give me a Playstation 4! This is garbage! What kind of customer service is this from Sony????!?!!

How dare they sell something as being EXACTLY what they said it was when selling it and then you get what you purchased? WHAT THE HECK!
    /thread

For a $50 item I expected to at least have the option of an upgrade in the Original Otto's barter box.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

The Ottos box was not being sold as advertised, nor was it working as advertised since the release of u19.

Upgrading all the old boxes and old stones to have the same functionality as the new heroic ottos boxes /stones would have been a very nice "goodwill" gesture to apologize to those of us who've been caught with broken xp stones.

Thread showing the problems with old ottos box stones

I dont even...

That's not the right analogy. It's not the same thing.

A better analogy would be: you buy a book of 10 tickets to the movies, with no expiry. You go to the movies, and they now tell you that your tickets can only be used to watch PG movies. It makes no sense...

The whole thing makes no sense. An Otto's box is an Otto's box, and surely they could have had a system where the box was placed in the stone of change, and converted to a 'modern' box (or this could be done by paging for GM assistance?).
    Having said that, it was stated prior to the update that the old boxes would continue to function as they always had. So, while I understand Cetus' frustration, the system is what it is at the moment.

I'm wondering if this would even have been an issue if Turbine had chosen a different name for the boxes. Had they been "Tenser's Box" there would have been no expectation that they function in any way similar to Otto's boxes. I get that this backfired with Bigby's boxes, but those were unpopular for different reasons I think. These new boxes have a different enough function that Turbine probably should have chosen a new name for them. With a new name, we lose any expectation that the old boxes should function any differently.

I agree that it would have been nice if the boxes could be upgraded, but I hardly think you "got screwed" because they aren't. The boxes function as they always did (at least for the person that opened it). What I see as the main issue is that these old boxes are completely useless for iconics and players that have all or most of the heroic lives they want will be very likely to be playing iconics instead of standard characters. So the boxes are effectively less useful, but because of other changes in the game and not because they function any differently than before.

I think anyone paying attention to the way epic and iconic TR was shaping up could have predicted the drop in usefulness of the old boxes. As soon as it was apparent that iconic TR's would start at level 15, I lost all interest in the boxes. I knew there was a good chance I'd never bother with them again.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    They have screwed up big time when it comes to a 50$ store item. No excuses.
    How did thy "screwed up big time" Did he get it b4 the update? if so he got what he payed for thy gave the description at the time of the sale, No were did thy say O if we do something different we will give you the new one or fix all who bought them from were thy were first sold. Stop trying to get something for free If he wants a newer one then sell the one he has on the shard exchange and get the new one.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Will a GM be able to give you a new stone? They did that for me a number of times when the stones were retroactively changed to not work on other accounts.

Edit: Accounts should be toons.
    Last edited by Thud; 11-13-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    Groz, Almostthere, Medicant and Harvezzt. Argo RULES!

I doubt that they will give anybody new stones, since the new one is essentially a different item than before, while the old one was changed to not do something it used to.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I guess they figure if you've got the kind of liquidity to throw down $50 for what amounts to useless pixels and bits (In the grand scheme) then another measly $50 for the new-and-improved version should be no thang to you.

If a $50 purchase is so important to you that you demand ongoing support in return for spending that kind of money, then maybe you need to take a second look at your financial priorities before making purchases like that.

*jumps from high horse and breaks leg*

Quote Originally Posted by gordgray View Post
    How did thy "screwed up big time" Did he get it b4 the update? if so he got what he payed for thy gave the description at the time of the sale, No were did thy say O if we do something different we will give you the new one or fix all who bought them from were thy were first sold. Stop trying to get something for free If he wants a newer one then sell the one he has on the shard exchange and get the new one.
    Actually, the description of the stone was auctionable, tradeable and they were retroactively changed to be neither. Then the whole xp system changed. So, it's not a matter of getting something for free, its a matter of getting the equivalent of what was paid for in the first place.

I liken it to purchasing a race/class with TP. I better not have to repurchase warforged to get the u20 features of warforged (I only chose a specific class/race for the trolls btw).

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    (clip) With a new name, we lose any expectation that the old boxes should function any differently.

(clip)
    This is the heart here. I foresee some disappointed people spending a lot of shards on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post
    Actually, the description of the stone was auctionable, tradeable and they were retroactively changed to be neither. Then the whole xp system changed. So, it's not a matter of getting something for free, its a matter of getting the equivalent of what was paid for in the first place.
    This I do agree with. If you purchase something that states X, it should do X - Always. Old boxes should never have had their tradability and auctionability revoked. That IS having something taken away that you paid good money for.

Then again, it's all pixels and bits in Turbine's fantasy world. So legally speaking, they can do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post

I liken it to purchasing a race/class with TP. I better not have to repurchase warforged to get the u20 features of warforged (I only chose a specific class/race for the trolls btw).
    So that one was given to you? or did you not read the Description before you payed cash for it? you got what you pad for just because thy put out 2 new one dose no entitle you or any one else a upgrade. I like this

"I bought a Playstation 1 once and now they are coming out with the Playstation 4! Sony should give me a Playstation 4! This is garbage! What kind of customer service is this from Sony????!?!!

How dare they sell something as being EXACTLY what they said it was when selling it and then you get what you purchased? WHAT THE HECK!" thanks
    ZzpxpzZ
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast