Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default WAHHHHHHH , I can't ETR within 2 days of questing !!!! Grow a pair !!

For a system that was stated to be a slow progressive thing by the developers . Less then a month to acquire an ETR is pretty quick if you ask me .

Sorry not every system in game will be a quick grind !! And you might have to run some EE !! So grow a pair !!

Remember systems are started off with out all factors included . There will be more quests made within the levels 20-28 , And then there will be quests within the 28-30 range . So the bar is fine where its at .

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I remember when aquiring 20 epic tokens was actually hard.
    Then challenges came, and everyone got used to free TRs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    For a system that was stated to be a slow progressive thing by the developers . Less then a month to acquire an ETR is pretty quick if you ask me .

Sorry not every system in game will be a quick grind !! And you might have to run some EE !! So grow a pair !!

Remember systems are started off with out all factors included . There will be more quests made within the levels 20-28 , And then there will be quests within the 28-30 range . So the bar is fine where its at .
    Yea.... there have to be some longer term goals in this game; otherwise there is too little to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    Sorry not every system in game will be a quick grind !!
    If it's a slow grind:

"Waaaah, there's too much grind!!!"

If it's a fast grind or no grind at all:

"Waaaah, there's nothing to do at endgame!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I remember when aquiring 20 epic tokens was actually hard.
    Then challenges came, and everyone got used to free TRs.
    Little bit more complex timeline:

1)At first Epic questing was hard unless you ran with in circles(guild/channel or similar) where there were many powerful characters. Melee DPS ruled, mages were hold and buff bots only.
    2)Bigtop jumping: suddenly you could get a token in about 15-20 minutes with bypassing most of the quest and the end fight was not really that difficult so a Pug had high probability of success. (Repeat with the different variations after fixes by turbine until the final invisible walls fix). Could get 2 tokens in an hour.
    3)It again became a bit harder to get tokens, but more people had learned to epic quest so Puging was fairly straightforward. But rate was down to an average of 1/hour
    4)Spell pass and suddenly well built/geared Mages could solo epics, so could just put up a "in progress" LFM for party crashers and the like. Like my wizard could run it in about 20-25 minutes solo, so I would put up the LFM and run it, and switch to another character before finishing.. could easily get 2 tokens in less than an hour.
    5)Challenges: Getting tokens became trivial, but still you had to make an effort, but could get 4+ tokens/hour.
    6)Motu: You no longer really had to make an effort, just run old style epics occasionally for easy fragments. And maybe if you were a couple short run the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Yea.... there have to be some longer term goals in this game; otherwise there is too little to do.
    A hamster wheel isn't really a long term goal though. Im fine with an endgame that takes a while to acquire items and such, but regrinding the same toon over and over for small stackable benefits in a game with no endgame is like a professional sports team that goes to practice every day but never plays a real game.

I'm okay with it, don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    How about actually building an end-game?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidZombie View Post
    If it's a slow grind:

"Waaaah, there's too much grind!!!"

If it's a fast grind or no grind at all:

"Waaaah, there's nothing to do at endgame!!!"
    Nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

How about actually building an end-game?
    lol turbine endgame...

open store, buy this, buy that, etr from 28/20 visit store htr visit store get to lv what 16? visit store, get to 20. visit store get to 28 repeat. no need to kill anything

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    A hamster wheel isn't really a long term goal though. Im fine with an endgame that takes a while to acquire items and such, but regrinding the same toon over and over for small stackable benefits in a game with no endgame is like a professional sports team that goes to practice every day but never plays a real game.
    It's exactly the same thing... The reason you acquire items is for small incremental benefits. I'd rather get my character slightly stronger by playing the whole game than grinding one quest for an item.

That said, it would be good to have some really tough quests at end-game so there's a REASON to upgrade your items or your epic TR benefits.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

What does this mean "end game" I am seeing people using it a lot but I don't understand what they mean by it. Last time I asked I got told learn to play.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    What does this mean "end game" I am seeing people using it a lot but I don't understand what they mean by it. Last time I asked I got told learn to play.
    When you get above level 10 you'll find out.

Oh . . . and 20-28 can be done in one day . . . if your psychotic and "fun" isn't one of your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Brilliantly said. Hats off to you.

Anyone can run EH content on any destiny with a gimp toon and worthless trash gear. The opposite of all things fun, good, escapist and rewarding is running in your off destiny.

Give me challenge at my character's full abilities. Give me something to do at my character's full abilities. Currently, we have 2 end game raids - we need 3 more.

I was, tonight, thinking to purchase the epic TR stone, just to bypass the boring grind. And then I was like "why should I support this? No."

No.

I sense much greatness with this thread. BBL if the drama continues.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Oh . . . and 20-28 can be done in one day . . . if your psychotic and "fun" isn't one of your goals.
    Are you saying there should be a way to do that which isn't psychotic and is in some way fun? Seems like it would really cut into the life span of the game if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Are you saying there should be a way to do that which isn't psychotic and is in some way fun? Seems like it would really cut into the life span of the game if that were the case.
    There's a balance though . . . since I do not consider running in an off-destiny to ever be fun there is no way for me to run up Karma in an off-sphere and have it be fun for me.

NOT psychotically grinding will take so long it'll be even less fun. It'll not be worth the bother.

Community Member

There's a balance though . . . since I do not consider running in an off-destiny to ever be fun there is no way for me to run up Karma in an off-sphere and have it be fun for me.

NOT psychotically grinding will take so long it'll be even less fun. It'll not be worth the bother.
    Oh, I can agree with the off destiny part. I really think they should have compromised and backed off on the amount of in-sphere karma needed. 2 million in-sphere, of the 6.6 million needed anyway, would have fit nicely with selling xp stones I would think. It also would have qualified for having spent time in the sphere you are TRing, without making the entire leveling process a disjointed exercise in just getting past it and adding some fun to playing the game.

Not a perfect solution to the problem, but seems to satisfy the need of some to be in the destiny/sphere one TR's in and has a nice p2w work around for those who use such things. Considering the "make it up as they go along" leveling system the devs gave us, probably as good as can be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    It's exactly the same thing... The reason you acquire items is for small incremental benefits. I'd rather get my character slightly stronger by playing the whole game than grinding one quest for an item.
    Its not remotely close to the same thing. The TR and ETR benefits are preparation. Endgame is what is being prepared for. Since there is no endgame theres nothing to prepare for. Everything in the game can be beaten with the characters we already have. Its like practicing ones whole life to get to the try outs for the olympics, getting on the olympic team, then finding out theres no olympics - and every other level of competition pales in comparison that you can handedly come in first place with far less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    That said, it would be good to have some really tough quests at end-game so there's a REASON to upgrade your items or your epic TR benefits.
    Yes exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast