Default Advice On Light Pure 28 Monk Gear

Hey all, Id love some advice/opinions on gear for level 28 monks
    Please post with the slot and item list like so:

Helm: Purple dragon helm
    Bracers: Bracers of the sun soul
    Chest: Belt of the sun soul
    Belt: Spider-spun caparison
    Cloak: Adamantine cloak of the bear
    Weapon: Antipode Fist of the horizon/EE Adamantine Knuckles(+1die more)
    etc etc..

Emphasis on Handwraps, Sunder/Stun DCs, Wisdom, Strength and Constitution, Minimal gear swapping
    Survival stuff like hp, saves, incorporeal and resists are important also Damage Seeker, Deadly, rein-forced fists etc.

Any help would be appreciated kindly
    Thanks..

i'll speak to the only thing i feel fairly confident on: Wraps

there are (IMO) several endgame options, but i'll just list the 2 i have and why i like them:

Grave Wraps

Imp Destruction, level drain+temp hp, stun+10, extra 2d6 dmg that works on everything

Anitpode

6% DoubleStrike, stun+10, .5[w], up to 4d6 damage on certain targets, 2d6 against most, but only 1d6 against some others

the fully upgraded version has a full 1[w], planar conflux, and a red slot
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Yeh those are solid wraps, using the level drain ones less now since getting Antipode main reason was the stun dc, generally if it can be stunned it will be dead within about 5-10secs on EE

The EE Adamantine wraps are good too for max damage +1 hit die higher than Antipode and various greater bane, disrupt and smiting wraps can be fun. also the mabar wraps are good for undead.

But im really more interested in non-weapon gear as this i am finding hard to work out. Any experienced monks out there can advice on what they slot for gear.
    Last edited by FrostBeard; 11-14-2013 at 01:41 AM.

ok not seeing much synergy in that gear apart from what you have picked up as you leveled..

If it helps, atm I'm aiming for: (of note, I'm a bladeforged 16/2/2, so the ghost walking cloak is better for me than a pure monk, and I've got my own reconstruct, thus the SP boots. )

Docent : EE Livewood Core
    goggles : EE Shadowsight colorless : 15 repair
    Helmet : Black +3 str Green: 16prr yellow: 250sp
    Necklace : Pendant of the storm reaver yellow : Draconic Soul Gem
    Trinket : Deadly Trinket of Resistance colorless : 8 dex
    Cloak : EE Ghostwalking cloak
    Belt : EE Arkat's Cord green : 40hp yellow : Imperial Blood
    Ring 2 : EE Consuming Darkness Green : Goodluck +2
    Gloves : EE Backstabber Yellow : Deathblock
    Boots : Greensteel 25hp, displace clicky, 6cha skills / 100sp (Once I use up the 100sp, Swapping to EE Surefooted boots Green : +8 int)
    Ring 1: Dunrobar Stunning 10
    Bracers : EE Steady Handed Armbands yellow: fear immunity colorless : 8str

Wraps : Random gen Sundering 12 Red : Reconstruction 134

Stats :
    Enhancement bonus
    11 wis, 8 str,dex,int,cha. 7 con.
    Insightful Bonus
    3 con, 3wis, 3str
    Exceptional bonus
    1 all stats

Saves / defense (missing parrying, sonic resist)
    10 Resistance bonus, 8 dodge, 16prr, 30 elemental resists, 15DR / Evil

Damage mods (missing double strike)
    Seeker 12, exceptional seeker 5, sneak attack 5, exceptional sneak attack 3, Deadly 10, Deception, Reinforced fists,

Combat DC's
    10 stunning, 12 sundering, 5 Combat mastery
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 11-15-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Community Member

My Monk is still somewhat work in progress for gear but I am getting there. I am a Wisdom based H-elf Light Monk. I have two sets more or less. One is pure DPS the other is for Tanking when I have to take that role in raids. At the moment my monk is one of my most versatile and go to characters for content. This is based on what I have managed to pull. And while I have some slots filled, suggestions are welcome.

Fixed Gear:
    Goggles - Wisdom 10 of Resistance 10 ** Flesh Shapers, Other clickies here
    Gloves - Dex 10 of Dodge 10 ** Epic Brawlers (Yellow slot-Fear Immunity), PDK Gloves
    Belt - EE Arkat's Cord - Vitality +20, Re-enforced Fists (Green - Empty / Yellow - Power +200) ** Morah (Jump Clickie)
    Bracers - Health 9 of Seeker 9 ** Looking for 10/10 obviously -- Wind Howlers if doing long term bow use
    Necklace - Deadly 9 of Natural Armor 9 ** Looking for 10/10 here too - Silver Flame, Oremi's, ToD Clickies
    Boots - EN Treads of Falling Shadow (For the Ghostly) ** Plan for Halcyon Boots when I pull them probably

Rings - Content dependent
    Ring 1 - Junk ToD w/Holy Burst ** Khysho's when I pull it (43 runs and not so far)
    Ring 2 - EE Ring of the Djinn
    Oremi's ToD w/Acid Burst
    ** Consuming Darkness-The +24 PRR would bring me in the +74-75 range tanking
    ** Considering the Dun Robar +10 Sundering ring for the QP Bonus if I can pull it but so far it's eluded me

Dps Set:
    Head - EH Black Dragon Helm Ins Dex +3 (Green - Empty/Clear - Exp Wis +1)
    Body - Black Dragon Robe - (Blue Slot - Heavy Fort)
    Trinket - Planar Focus of Subterfuge - Ins Wis +3
    Cloak - GS 45 HP Smoke 2

Tanking Set:
    Head - EH White Dragon Helm Ins Con +3 (Green - Empty / Clear - Concentration +13 *For Ki Shout)
    Body - White Dragon Robe - (Blue Slot - PRR +14)
    Trinket - Planar Focus of Prowess - Ins Dex +3
    Cloak - **Lvl 24 Cloak of the Bear (Still making this one)

Wraps:
    Antipode - Tier 4 w/Devotion 90 slotted currently ** Tanking and for CITW especially
    Grave Wrappings
    Endless Warps of Night (level 24)
    EH Ivy Wraps
    Adamantine Knuckles (Superior Flame/Frost/Shock)
    +5 Coursacating of Smiting

Ranged:
    EN Quiver of Poison
    The Morning Star - EH (Superior Acid ** May swap this for the Level Drain Mabar augment or wait for the coming Metioric)
    +6 Spelltouched Shuriken (Brilliance, Lightning Strike, Strength Sapping, Fracturing) ** My build includes 10k Stars
    3xWater GS
    Pinion ** Not upgraded yet, but likely to slot Good when I open it

I also have Zen Archery since I pulled Pinion yet I still tend to use the Spell touched Shuriken more often than not as a lot of the procs from the extra "Random" set of effects can be quite amazing. There are obvious clickies and swap ins like the Pale Lavender Ioun Stones that really aren't listed but we all know how those situationally matter. My bracers, necklace and boots are going to change but to what is the question. So far I haven't managed better options and not much of the new named gear is suitable I think. I currently have some empty slots but thus far not much calls to me for filling it. Suggestions are welcome as to best fill for them but not sure what really is worth it at the moment. At any rate this is what I generally am running with and it's a fair start.
    Last edited by WanderingGrump; 11-15-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: My horrible spelling LOL
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    ** Consuming Darkness-The +24 PRR would bring me in the +74-75 range tanking
    Consuming darkness is exceptional combat mastery and 12seeker.

I believe you're thinking of the Guardians ring.
    24 prr, 8str, yellow slot.