Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 204
  1. #141
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Uh, no they can't. What thread do you think you've been posting in? Read please.
    sure they can, a zerg build can do more quests at elite difficulty in a single day then any commoner or lowly flower sniffer, and not to mention they don't need to worry about getting all those pesky bonus exp rewards like conquest/ransack that people complain that gives them too much exp per com.

    So yes, they can get there faster, much, much, faster.

  2. #142
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    The ultimate point is that people are angry at turbine
    Fixed that For you.

    Lets be real here, there is always some group angry at Turbine, thus the only question is, is it "rightfully", you assume it is, while others do not.

  3. #143
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Is it any wonder you seem to lack brain cells when you enjoy getting dragged around in the dirt?
    You linked the Urban Dictionary so you really have no room to talk. Wikipedia would have been bad enough but at least they force you to give references. Urban Dictionary allows any half-wit to post whatever they want regardless of whether the definition is accurate or not. As if that were bad enough sometimes the phrase being defined is not even spelled correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Guess what 4200 is a grind you will not have close to enough just running EH to lvl. I got about 1.2k and I am 26 almost 27.
    I'm confident that the concept of an "end game" focused around True Reincarnation is aimed primarily at those who regularly reincarnate. Both those who are aiming or have achieved Completionist as well as those who have run or are planning multiple back-to-back reincarnations to improve their characters.

    Most of those I know who fall into that category are predominately running Epic Elite. Between Epic Elite giving approximately double the commendations of Epic Hard and the level cap being raised to 30 soon I believe the number 4200 was a good choice. In the event that the number is lowered I wouldn't go below 4000. Players need to be encouraged to reincarnate but at the same time they need the system to last long enough for them to release actual end game content.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 11-14-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

  4. #144
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Well, the Karma cost was buried, and not spelled out in the notes, nor in the 'Reincarnation reincarnated' proposal.
    Karma has been talked about for weeks. It's in the release notes, it was in the discussions regarding ETR on Lamanni, and in the proposal.
    Speed TR'ers can still use their pots and zerg-TR-builds to get there faster, Turbine makes money.
    Didn't we just go over how you can't do this?

    Sure, if someone is spending $100 on a TR, why not add $15 to the tag, but if you're not spending money on it, why the enormous penalty to playstyle? How is that any good?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  5. #145
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Karma has been talked about for weeks. It's in the release notes, it was in the discussions regarding ETR on Lamanni, and in the proposal.
    Didn't we just go over how you can't do this?

    Sure, if someone is spending $100 on a TR, why not add $15 to the tag, but if you're not spending money on it, why the enormous penalty to playstyle? How is that any good?
    You're saying we can't doesn't make it so. We can, it just costs.

    As for a penalty to playstyle, there isn't one, since this is all brand new. No one has developed a playstyle for fast ER trains, because it's only 2 days old. If you're comparing ER to how people used to HTR, then you're comparing apples to oranges and there's no point arguing with you.

    If you're trying to argue about ETR, all I can say is, it doesn't exist. If you're trying to say there's now some new penalty to TRing, all I can say is, TRing hasn't changed.

    I think you may have gotten derailed somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  6. #146
    Uber Completionist Capricorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    If you start at level 20 you should have enough by the time you are at cap. That is the way they wanted it to work.
    I don't know about "should", but in reality, this isn't the case if you're leveling quickly. Either the goal was to make people buy hearts with real money, or they simply failed to accurately calculate the amount of content required to get from 20-28, but getting there will net you far fewer than the necessary amount of commendations unless you're neglecting xp efficiency in order to run the maximum number of quests once every day.
    Cap, Ascendance, Cannith
    Capricorpus / Capiorcorpus

  7. #147
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Oh, one thing people might have forgot, is that the level cap will be increased to 30. Which means there will be more time to get the comms. So even if people get to cap before getting the comms now, they might not be able later on.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  8. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Oh, one thing people might have forgot, is that the level cap will be increased to 30. Which means there will be more time to get the comms. So even if people get to cap before getting the comms now, they might not be able later on.
    If this is the plan then they need to comunicate this to the player base.

    As it stands right now ETR for me is a collossal waste of dev time. Too little carrot and way too much stick.

    I'll stick to HTR where there's more quest quality and the quantity is much higher.
    Last edited by Pentaur-Silvermane; 11-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.

  9. #149
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post
    If this is the plan then they need to comunicate this to the player base.

    As it stands right now ETR for me is a collossal waste of dev time. Too little carrot and way too much stick.

    I'll stick to HTR where there's more quest quality and the quantity is much higher.
    The future cap-raise has been spoken of for some time now.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  10. #150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    The future cap-raise has been spoken of for some time now.
    Plans change...All the time...Would it really hurt them to say:

    Currently we are setting the number of comms required to 4200. We expect that players will earn the required amount of comms while leveling from 20 to 30. Intially it might require some addional quests to earn the total amount but the final goal we are aiming for will be this.

    Simple communincation on what the end result will look like. Instead we've got people bickering and trolling on what should be required all the while guessing (and in some cases running the numbers and not guessing at all); basicly we have an uproar when the whole situation can be avoided if the plan is to have 28-30 quests be in the total number of comms.

  11. #151
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post
    Plans change...All the time...Would it really hurt them to say:

    Currently we are setting the number of comms required to 4200. We expect that players will earn the required amount of comms while leveling from 20 to 30. Intially it might require some addional quests to earn the total amount but the final goal we are aiming for will be this.

    Simple communincation on what the end result will look like. Instead we've got people bickering and trolling on what should be required all the while guessing (and in some cases running the numbers and not guessing at all); basicly we have an uproar when the whole situation can be avoided if the plan is to have 28-30 quests be in the total number of comms.
    They said that20-28 would be enough. If it is or isnt is something that will be found out when you do it, since i think you playstyle WILL affect if you get the comms before 28 or not.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  12. #152
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    I'm going to start taking bets on how many doom threads people start after 2 quests ...

    ... take some advice. Buy your first epic heart, then see how many commendations you get going from 20 to 28.

  13. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'm going to start taking bets on how many doom threads people start after 2 quests ...

    ... take some advice. Buy your first epic heart, then see how many commendations you get from from 20 to 28.
    So the solution is to throw money at the problem? Ummm...No.

    For me ETR might as well not exist. I'm glad some people like it but for me it's way too much for so little benefit.

  14. #154
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post
    So the solution is to throw money at the problem? Ummm...No.

    For me ETR might as well not exist. I'm glad some people like it but for me it's way too much for so little benefit.
    So don't do it. Nobody's holding a repeater to your head.

  15. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    So don't do it. Nobody's holding a repeater to your head.
    I never said they were.

    I'm mearly providing feedback - Turbine latest and greatest is wasted on me and in very simplist terms on why.

  16. #156
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

    ... take some advice. Buy your first epic heart, then see how many commendations you get going from 20 to 28.
    It's good advice. I did this as I didn't feel like waiting.

    Yeah the hearts might be a little too expensive and that could be trimmed down some. Only thing that's really annoying is having to gain karma is spheres I hate.

  17. #157
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post

    For me ETR might as well not exist.
    Funny you should say that... It doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  18. #158
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post
    I never said they were.

    I'm mearly providing feedback - Turbine latest and greatest is wasted on me and in very simplist terms on why.
    Yep no one is holding a repeater to your head........though I think some wish they could.....continue to provide feedback and share your opinion and don't be intimidated by teh uber peeps.

  19. #159
    Community Member Ovrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Funny you should say that... It doesn't.
    Give the semantics a rest, you know damn well he means ER, so stop being a jerk about it.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

  20. #160
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Guess what I am saying is the term Turbined came about for a reason.
    Nice of that guy to type his angry rant into the urban dictionary to try to lend legitimacy to a word that doesn't exist except in this game (never heard the term in LOTRO or AC). His "definition" is just full of cursing and insults rather than giving a true definition (e.g. claiming that 4 things are broken for every one that is fixed means that something would not have been Turbined if only 3 things were broken for one that was fixed).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload