Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default turbine lost their mind? or just me?

4200 valor for one heart of wood... i run both new quest on epic hard.. the 26(27) quest give 30.. and the 28(29) quest give 36..

so turbine expect us to run over 150 quest for one heart of wood??? really???????????? with this kind of price epic tr/iconic tr passive feat better give +500 health each tier..

If you start at level 20 you should have enough by the time you are at cap. That is the way they wanted it to work.

Use store instead, this is the real way they wanted it to work.

I can live with gathering the comms - Im just a little worried about guild renown. I mean - before this up I and many other ppl 90% of time took guild renown as a reward. Now everyone is going to pick valors

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    I can live with gathering the comms - Im just a little worried about guild renown. I mean - before this up I and many other ppl 90% of time took guild renown as a reward. Now everyone is going to pick valors
    i think that might have been deliberate. with the removal of guild size as a factor in renown decay, i'm seeing ALOT more high level guilds. this will indirectly slow down the rocketing guild levels
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Use store instead, this is the real way they wanted it to work.
    I bought a heart and then did an etr, then started farming out a few CoV, various quests on various dif settings. So after almost 600k xp I earned just under 200 CoV.

Which means at that rate, I will hit level 28 and still need about another 2000 CoV to buy a heart. If i was potting or had an epic xp tome it would be much worse.

So yeah, you're absolutely correct.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    So after almost 600k xp I earned just under 200 CoV.

Which means at that rate, I will hit level 28 and still need about another 2000 CoV to buy a heart. If i was potting or had an epic xp tome it would be much worse.
    Same here, just got around 600k xp and only ~200 CoVs. It'll get worse when I start finishing sagas too, no comms there and only xp worth grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    If you start at level 20 you should have enough by the time you are at cap. That is the way they wanted it to work.
    4200 is just ridiculously high, the highest quest in game on ee only gives 65 as an end reward, do the math. Also, having to choose them as an end reward is also pretty ridiculous imo as that's the ONLY reward I will have to be taking each and every time I complete an epic quest. They should be granted upon completion as an award not in your options as a choice reward.
    Zerg of Thelanis

Nepalm - 27th life completionist ~ Mons
    ~ Pandomonium - 40th life Tripletionist™

Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda

Uh no. Most people cap WAY before running 100+ EE quests.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Uh no. Most people cap WAY before running 100+ EE quests.
    Fwiw: I'm not the impression most people run Epic Elites most of the time - especially when running in "off destinies." The Devs also seem to have this impression, as they specifically sighted the com rate was based on running EHard from 20 to cap.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

What are people actually complaining about?
    You remember pre-MotU? I was running Epic quests at lvl cap 20 for 1,5 years or so without ever getting any xp.
    If you didn't get the loot you we're looking for you could basically say you ran that quest for nothing.

But you know what kept me going? I had fun.

If you just play this game for the sake of grinding and the thought that you run a quest without getting all the rewards you could get (running at cap 28 for commendations) bothers you so much, that you can't have fun, you might aswell ask yourself why you actually play.

I like the new Epic TR. Running 70 - 100 epic quests and on top getting an epic past live? Same like before but you get the PL on top. What's wrong with that?

And finally I can derust all my old epic gear that is ML:20, hooray.

I really couldn't care less if I recap at 28 and have to run some extra quests for the missing comms.
    Guess what, that's what I would have done anyways.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    What are people actually complaining about?
    You remember pre-MotU? I was running Epic quests at lvl cap 20 for 1,5 years or so without ever getting any xp.
    If you didn't get the loot you we're looking for you could basically say you ran that quest for nothing.

But you know what kept me going? I had fun.

If you just play this game for the sake of grinding and the thought that you run a quest without getting all the rewards you could get (running at cap 28 for commendations) bothers you so much, that you can't have fun, you might aswell ask yourself why you actually play.

I like the new Epic TR. Running 70 - 100 epic quests and on top getting an epic past live? Same like before but you get the PL on top. What's wrong with that?

I really couldn't care less if I recap at 28 and have to run some extra quests for the missing comms.
    Guess what, that's what I would have done anyways.

It's all the matter of getting the balance right between the carrot and the stick. The game isn't fun when all you get is the stick.

Back in yon days of olde DDO, we had to run 20 epic quests to get a heart, while being xp capped. You could only run each quests once per day, but they all gave 1 token. Power gamers could do it in a weekend if they played a lot. The loot reward were rare as you mentioned, but they were also the best items in the game, that was the juicy carrot.

Now, we have to run closer to 200 quests to get them new hearts, while being xp capped in a lot of cases. You can still only run them once per day, but the drops I've seen so far vary from 8 to 65, and there's a LOT more quests in the low end of the spectrum than the high one. There is basically no loot to strive for, except maybe a few named augments. It's still at least 2 weeks of power gamers playing full time to get the damn thing.

Honestly, I don't even see the carrot in the CoV system... it feels as "fun" as the leveling sigils were.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Actually, this might be the biggest problem I have with the new epic hamster wheel. On-destiny there really isn't much difference between lvl 20 and lvl 28. So it's almost like being able to run endgame while you are actually on the wheel. The problem I have is the huge inventory nightmare that will occur with trying to keep track of gear setups at various levels due to item ml's. With the lousy inventory system in this game, it would be seriously nice to get to 28, know that I'm staying there, and be able to dump all gear that simply won't have any place in my build. As long as we are on the hamster wheel (which under the new system is always) that won't be the case.

I'd love to see them ease up on the ml restrictions for anyone who has had an epic tr. Let's say lvl 20 can use lvl 20-24 ml gear. Lvl 25 can use lvl 25-28 gear. That means we could have a gear layour for when we return to 20, and one additional gear layout when we hit level 25, and avoid most of the additional inventory migraine.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

so does anyone know how many CoV you get from epic raids?

so does anyone know how many CoV you get from epic raids?
    Raids do give CoV, but I'm almost certain they hand out the same amount as a quest of the same level does, which is quite disappointing.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

I don't know about "should", but in reality, this isn't the case if you're leveling quickly. Either the goal was to make people buy hearts with real money, or they simply failed to accurately calculate the amount of content required to get from 20-28, but getting there will net you far fewer than the necessary amount of commendations unless you're neglecting xp efficiency in order to run the maximum number of quests once every day.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

Oh, one thing people might have forgot, is that the level cap will be increased to 30. Which means there will be more time to get the comms. So even if people get to cap before getting the comms now, they might not be able later on.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Oh, one thing people might have forgot, is that the level cap will be increased to 30. Which means there will be more time to get the comms. So even if people get to cap before getting the comms now, they might not be able later on.
    If this is the plan then they need to comunicate this to the player base.

As it stands right now ETR for me is a collossal waste of dev time. Too little carrot and way too much stick.

I'll stick to HTR where there's more quest quality and the quantity is much higher.
    Last edited by Pentaur-Silvermane; 11-14-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentaur-Silvermane View Post
    If this is the plan then they need to comunicate this to the player base.

As it stands right now ETR for me is a collossal waste of dev time. Too little carrot and way too much stick.

I'll stick to HTR where there's more quest quality and the quantity is much higher.
    The future cap-raise has been spoken of for some time now.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

the intention going forward is that you will earn the comms needed on the way from 20 to 28, right now it seems like a huge grind (which it is right now), because most ppl who want to ETR are already 28
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast