Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 204
  1. #121
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Uh, right because I sit on the forums all day just waiting for your bright and earnest posts to reply to. Not because, you know I have obligations, such as a job.

    The ultimate point is that people are rightfully angry at turbine, and it is NOT okay for you and others to be so derisive towards reasonable anger and criticisms. It's not going to earn you brownie points with turbine so that you can get more loot, or whatever it is that you imagine.
    The anger you refer to is unreasonable, since you cant yet know exactly how difficult getting the ETRs is. But since it is your anger, you of course feel that it is justified.

    As long as people are reasonable, i argue, when they get unreasonable, i snipe at them. Why? Because they wouldnt listen to reason.

    If you put a bit more thought into your attempted sarcasm, id find it amusing, but as it is i find it... well, amusing still, but not in a way youd like.

    Im not a forum paladin, you are, since you crusade. I couldnt be bothered to crusade, since its not all that important to me, i just dont like watching people froth at the brain.

    As for the picture, replace the name of the actors with YOU and YOU, and it would be quite accurate
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  2. #122
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Of course it's clear that you're getting angry, otherwise you wouldn't lash out at the responses for no reason. I just don't get why you are being so offensive. None of your personal attacks make any sense anyway since the labels you're trying to apply don't make sense either.

    Also, people do have a good idea of how much time it'll take to ETR, as people already have the formula for commendations and have run actual quests since U20.

  3. #123
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Of course it's clear that you're getting angry, otherwise you wouldn't lash out at the responses for no reason. I just don't get why you are being so offensive. None of your personal attacks make any sense anyway since the labels you're trying to apply don't make sense either.

    Also, people do have a good idea of how much time it'll take to ETR, as people already have the formula for commendations and have run actual quests since U20.
    People cannot have a good idea as to how hard it is to get the ETR, until enough people have tried. Until then you have conjecture backed up by maths that are only theoretical. But still people put them forth as facts (thats more or less on both sides)

    Me being offensive? I snipe back at you when you get offensive.

    And the labels are perhaps beyond you, sorry for that, ill try to downgrade them enough.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  4. #124
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    lol, I see. So you conform to the shade school of thought. Math never solved anything!!!

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    the intention going forward is that you will earn the comms needed on the way from 20 to 28, right now it seems like a huge grind (which it is right now), because most ppl who want to ETR are already 28
    Go to 15 with a TR stone changing to Iconic toon. Guess what 4200 is a grind you will not have close to enough just running EH to lvl. I got about 1.2k and I am 26 almost 27. It a huge grind and waste of time. They just trying to sale more TR stones. We will see if people just buy them or turbine is force to lower the cost. Taking the stupid coms every time and not running quest that do not have end rewards, like challenges. This limits stuff you can run and also makes it a huge grind. Horrible design in my mind, but we will see if people say I just want my tr and buy it.

    I guess they believe more people willing to shell out the extra 1300 to 1500 points and still buy the xp pots and boost. We will see if they made a good marketing choose or bad one. If enough people stop Tring or do not use the system because of being harder to attain the TR stone, how bad will there xp pots and boost sales be hurt. I thought people would not use the shard exchange a total money grab, guess what they don't care as long they get the item faster. Who knows what will happen, but this is a huge grind.
    Last edited by dragonofsteel2; 11-14-2013 at 12:39 AM.

  6. #126
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    lol, I see. So you conform to the shade school of thought. Math never solved anything!!!
    I had the same thought when I read that.

    I don't know why some people are so innately distru****l of math. Yes, figures can be used misleadingly, but when they're being presented in a straightforward, easily corroborated manner, why be suspicious?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  7. #127
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Go to 15 with a TR stone changing to Iconic toon. Guess what 4200 is a grind you will not have close to enough just running EH to lvl. I got about 1.2k and I am 26 almost 27. It a huge grind and waste of time. They just trying to sale more TR stones. We will see if people just buy them or turbine is force to lower the cost. Taking the stupid coms every time and not running quest that do not have end rewards, like challenges. This limits stuff you can run and also makes it a huge grind. Horrible design in my mind, but we will see if people say I just want my tr and buy it.

    I guess they believe more people willing to shell out the extra 1300 to 1500 points and still buy the xp pots and boost. We will see if they made a good marketing choose or bad one. If enough people stop Tring or do not use the system because of being harder to attain the TR stone, how bad will there xp pots and boost sales be hurt. I thought people would not use the shard exchange a total money grab, guess what they don't care as long they get the item faster. Who knows what will happen, but this is a huge grind.
    Hey you mean just 2 days after update, you already
    1) TR'ed to iconic (with a store bought heart); and
    2) leveled back up to 26?

    This is really fast, do you have xp tome, xp pots running, etc? Did you repeat any quest? Used any xp stone?

  8. #128
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I had the same thought when I read that.

    I don't know why some people are so innately distru****l of math. Yes, figures can be used misleadingly, but when they're being presented in a straightforward, easily corroborated manner, why be suspicious?
    lol those censored four letters. But I digress, yeah.

  9. #129
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Clearly, you don't understand the karma system.
    You're right. I didn't realise that it cost all 6M Karma to ER once. We're being made to not only cap off-destinies in order to gain Fate points for Twists, now we're being asked to run 54 MILLION XP in those already-capped off-destinies in order to gain their EPL Feats. Yikes.

    That does put a fly in the oinkment. I guess I'll pick up whatever EPLs I can from my 1st runthrough capping my off-destinies, then stick to my own Sphere for the foreseeable future.

    Doesn't change how I feel about the system too much though. Still think it's pretty solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  10. #130
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    lol those censored four letters. But I digress, yeah.
    HAHAHAHAHA! Censors a little paranoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    You're right. I didn't realise that it cost all 6M Karma to ER once. We're being made to not only cap off-destinies in order to gain Fate points for Twists, now we're being asked to run 54 MILLION XP in those already-capped off-destinies in order to gain their EPL Feats. Yikes.
    Uh, yeah.

    I'm getting the distinct impression that most of the people that are championing this system are doing so without understanding the full implications of how everything works and interacts. I keep seeing posts from people who were calling out all the "whiners" saying, "Oh, wow. That does suck."

    Maybe everyone should stop and go read the release notes, and the dozen threads further clarifying what everything means, and illuminating the in-game experience with this ****, before continuing to post?

    Doesn't change how I feel about the system too much though. Still think it's pretty solid.
    Wha...how do you reach this conclusion exactly? Wait, never mind. I don't care. You enjoy your seventh heaven.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  11. #131
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Censors a little paranoid?
    Uh, yeah.

    I'm getting the distinct impression that most of the people that are championing this system are doing so without understanding the full implications of how everything works and interacts. I keep seeing posts from people who were calling out all the "whiners" saying, "Oh, wow. That does suck."

    Maybe everyone should stop and go read the release notes, and the dozen threads further clarifying what everything means, and illuminating the in-game experience with this ****, before continuing to post?


    Wha...how do you reach this conclusion exactly? Wait, never mind. I don't care. You enjoy your seventh heaven.
    Hey man don't judge me!!! Of course im going to leap to the defense of my lady love you foul knave!!! Have at you!!!!!
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 11-14-2013 at 02:34 AM.

  12. #132
    Community Member Ausdoerrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    4200 valor for one heart of wood... i run both new quest on epic hard.. the 26(27) quest give 30.. and the 28(29) quest give 36..

    so turbine expect us to run over 150 quest for one heart of wood??? really???????????? with this kind of price epic tr/iconic tr passive feat better give +500 health each tier..
    Just saw this... so they kept the "placeholder values"? Ahahaha, who woulda thought XD
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

  13. #133
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Censors a little paranoid?
    Uh, yeah.

    I'm getting the distinct impression that most of the people that are championing this system are doing so without understanding the full implications of how everything works and interacts. I keep seeing posts from people who were calling out all the "whiners" saying, "Oh, wow. That does suck."

    Maybe everyone should stop and go read the release notes, and the dozen threads further clarifying what everything means, and illuminating the in-game experience with this ****, before continuing to post?


    Wha...how do you reach this conclusion exactly? Wait, never mind. I don't care. You enjoy your seventh heaven.
    Well, the Karma cost was buried, and not spelled out in the notes, nor in the 'Reincarnation reincarnated' proposal.
    As for still liking the system, I'll tell you why. In order to gain all my Primal EPLs, I can run in Fury or Shiradi at will, and work my way through all 9 epic lives. That's going to take a WHILE. And that's fine by me. If I then want some of the off-sphere EPLs, like Martial, I can TR into a suitable class and run THOSE Sphere's EPLs while sitting in LD or Flowers. And that's fine by me as well. It makes thematic sense to have to be in a relevant class and Sphere in order to gain the benefits of that Sphere. It's not any different than having to run Heroic classes to gain PLs for some future life and build.

    So the system gives me a long term goal that makes thematic sense from the perspective of a role playing game, and it gives me some short term goals from the perspective of an MMO. Speed TR'ers can still use their pots and zerg-TR-builds to get there faster, Turbine makes money.

    I don't have a problem with that.
    Last edited by BOgre; 11-14-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  14. #134
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    So the system gives me a long term goal that makes thematic sense from the perspective of a role playing game, and it gives me some short term goals from the perspective of an MMO. Speed TR'ers can still use their pots and zerg-TR-builds to get there faster, Turbine makes money.

    I don't have a problem with that.
    Uh, no they can't. What thread do you think you've been posting in? Read please.

  15. #135
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Uh, no they can't. What thread do you think you've been posting in? Read please.
    Can't Shman't. You're ok spending 65 bucks on boxes and pots but can't shell 15 for a heart? Pfft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  16. #136
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Of course it's clear that you're getting angry, otherwise you wouldn't lash out at the responses for no reason. I just don't get why you are being so offensive. None of your personal attacks make any sense anyway since the labels you're trying to apply don't make sense either.
    You started it yourself by saying "You realize you forum paladins and turbine apologists are killing the game, right?". That statement is not only complete ********, but also offensive to the people who favor change.

  17. #137
    Community Member AtomicMew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    You started it yourself by saying "You realize you forum paladins and turbine apologists are killing the game, right?". That statement is not only complete ********, but also offensive to the people who favor change.
    As I told barman, re-read the post I quoted....

    And being a forum paladin has absolutely nothing to do with whether you want change or not. In fact, it's kind of the complete opposite, so people who favor change don't have to worry really.

  18. #138
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    As I told barman, re-read the post I quoted....
    Elaborate, because the post you quoted was generalizing a bit, but the point he was making was that spending more time helps to create goals. And how do forum paladins kill a game, btw?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    And being a forum paladin has absolutely nothing to do with whether you want change or not. In fact, it's kind of the complete opposite, so people who favor change don't have to worry really.
    It seems that anyone who (partially) agrees with a Turbine proposed system that you disagree with is a Turbine apologist or a forum paladin. I'm not talking about small changes to tweaking some rewards, but more about big changes like the new ETR system, enhancements, etc.

  19. #139
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I had the same thought when I read that.

    I don't know why some people are so innately distru****l of math. Yes, figures can be used misleadingly, but when they're being presented in a straightforward, easily corroborated manner, why be suspicious?
    Its not being distru****l of math, just not believing people have the correct numbers until they have been proven correct, since people have a tendency to make up numbers that dont exist, extrapolate from insufficient evidence and generally let their preconceptions do the counting.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  20. #140
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I had the same thought when I read that.

    I don't know why some people are so innately distru****l of math. Yes, figures can be used misleadingly, but when they're being presented in a straightforward, easily corroborated manner, why be suspicious?
    Because this game has a history of spreadsheet gamers trolling everyone else about how their decisions are ill informed, all the while waving spreadsheets as absolute proof of their already formulated and obviously biased claims, and demanding evidence from everyone else. When videos started to show up online proving them wrong, instead of admitting their errors they attempted to dismiss and demonize the videos of folks ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME in favor of their spreadsheets.

    You say easily corroborated? The best way to corroborate is to run the grind a few times. You can show me spreadsheets, blueprints, and graphs that prove this new vehicle can do 275 mph, and that's fine. Ima go get my radar gun and stand next to a specific point on the track, and when the test driver passes that point, they should be doing ~275mph. Lets see what this bucket of pixelated bolts can do.
    Last edited by Chai; 11-14-2013 at 07:06 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload