Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    What is "tolerable"? Experience comes pretty fast, even without the first time bonus... I'd be okay if they gave epic elite another xp boost, but 20-28 is not that slow.
    Tolerable - EE Streak all the content without repeating quests from 20-28 is what I consider tolerable. If repeating content is required the grind is too much.

    My "grind" pace is looking like 20 hours on an ETR which is looking a lot less painful then streaking when there is no streak.

  2. #22
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I think tripling the comms in epic elite is a great idea.
    triple the XP as well.

  3. #23
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    My "grind" pace is looking like 20 hours on an ETR which is looking a lot less painful then streaking when there is no streak.
    So you're thinking powergamers being able to ETR every two days would be a good design?

    I think 20 hours to get from 20-28 is ridiculously short. I mean, even I could eTR every 10 days with that kind of schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  4. #24
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So you're thinking powergamers being able to ETR every two days would be a good design?
    There is so much about ETR that makes it bad design . . . and now a power-gamer can still do it in one day - less so if they Otto's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I think 20 hours to get from 20-28 is ridiculously short. I mean, even I could eTR every 10 days with that kind of schedule.
    20 hours of utterly painful play . . . but since I consider ANY running an and off-destiny to be a terrible un-fun gaming experience I'll take the fast pain over dragging it out longer than I need to.

    See in heroic TR with streaking playing in what I consider a FUN way (Elite streaking 95% of the content, repeating very little) is worth it even if it's not as efficient as the EHNNNNNNNNNNNN that some other chose to do. Streaking makes playing in a fun manner still viable.

    Now? On an ETR when we've lost the streak bonus that made running lots of content viable? Especially since you'll be running in off-destinies a lot?

    The painful and mindless grind method is more efficient by an order of magnitude. And since this is nothing by XP acquisition of content I've run a zillion time before anyway there's no reason to not run the most efficient method possible.

    Regarding hearts . . . take what you make an hour, see how much longer it'll take you to "earn" a heart versus just buying one. Not degrading anyone who can't afford it but it I think I spend as much each day on lunch and coffee.

  5. #25
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    They probably can't reset first-time bonuses without resetting favor.

    It does suck though as elite-streak bonus made leveling 20-28 tolerable. Without the first time and streak bonuses it's looking pretty terrible.
    I would trade favor for streak all day everyday.


    If they reset favor we would have to regrind for inventory and bank space which I would not care about.

    I also think that would cause our raid counters to reset much like a Heroic TR and that's where I see the problem.

    With ETR Raid completions don't reset and raiding may become more viable again.

    In my Heroic lives I rarely even bother to raid for 2 reasons:
    1 is because, raids generally have over level players and give little to no XP
    2 is because TR means even if I run raids I will never gain more than 1 or 2 completions before I cap and reset the counter to 0.

    With ETR I will begin to raid again because, the 20th reward list will be a viable option even if I don't see the list until my 4th ETR.

  6. #26
    Community Member Draxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    There is so much about ETR that makes it bad design . . . and now a power-gamer can still do it in one day - less so if they Otto's.
    Actually, that's technically impossible. Even if you did every quest that drops vcomms on ee, you would not have enough to etr in one day. Someone did a computation of exactly what min time it would take to etr, and it was like 4 days since you have to wait a day for all quest xp ransack timers to reset.

    Still, less than a week to etr if you're truly hardcore about it.

  7. #27
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxis View Post
    Actually, that's technically impossible. Even if you did every quest that drops vcomms on ee, you would not have enough to etr in one day. Someone did a computation of exactly what min time it would take to etr, and it was like 4 days since you have to wait a day for all quest xp ransack timers to reset.

    Still, less than a week to etr if you're truly hardcore about it.
    Nonsense. With pay2win (we're talking power-gamers, right?) it absolutely could get done in 1 day.

  8. #28
    Community Member Draxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nonsense. With pay2win (we're talking power-gamers, right?) it absolutely could get done in 1 day.
    I'm not an idiot... That kinda goes without saying for all DDO's systems. Every problem can be solved if you throw money at it. I thought we were talking about REASONABLY grinding vcomms.

    Plus, you wouldn't be much of a power gamer if you're p2w-ing.

  9. #29
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So you're thinking powergamers being able to ETR every two days would be a good design?

    I think 20 hours to get from 20-28 is ridiculously short. I mean, even I could eTR every 10 days with that kind of schedule.
    Hey they should nerf epic hard and epic normal xp. That is probably the better way to go anyway. Problem is the incentive for epic elite is wholly inadequate so as time goes on it will finally disappear. I just have so much more fun doing epic elite then epic hard - it really is not worth playing DDO on epic hard. I capped 4 characters on mostly epic hard and the last 4 mostly on epic elite and I am not going back to epic hard.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is horrible! Getting that bonus on the first time completion is critical for epic leveling not to suck. Not having this reset on ETR is just terrible.

    Please address this.
    It's definitely a pain; any type of reincarnation should reset the first time flag in quests. It's painful enough to do ETRs.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    It's definitely a pain; any type of reincarnation should reset the first time flag in quests. It's painful enough to do ETRs.
    Yeah! Then we can start grinding comms after being capped earlier!

  12. #32
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hey they should nerf epic hard and epic normal xp. That is probably the better way to go anyway. Problem is the incentive for epic elite is wholly inadequate so as time goes on it will finally disappear. I just have so much more fun doing epic elite then epic hard - it really is not worth playing DDO on epic hard. I capped 4 characters on mostly epic hard and the last 4 mostly on epic elite and I am not going back to epic hard.
    You do get significantly more comms for epic elite though. For people who want to grind for, rather than buy at least some hearts it is worth it.

    I think they should add comms back to saga rewards, personally.

  13. #33
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    Yeah! Then we can start grinding comms after being capped earlier!
    Triple the comms dropped on EE.

    Problem solved.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Triple the comms dropped on EE.

    Problem solved.
    I know, that was my idea!
    Or just lower the cost of the hearts. Really either would work.

  15. #35
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    You do get significantly more comms for epic elite though. For people who want to grind for, rather than buy at least some hearts it is worth it.

    I think they should add comms back to saga rewards, personally.
    If you just ran epic hard to cap you would get enough comms to epic tr again. That is what the devs said on Lammania. Epic hard requires no extra grind for comms.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  16. #36
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    They probably can't reset first-time bonuses without resetting favor.

    It does suck though as elite-streak bonus made leveling 20-28 tolerable. Without the first time and streak bonuses it's looking pretty terrible.
    Then the remaining solution is to ETR then HTR, and level 1-28, except that has it's own problems.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  17. #37
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,514

    Default

    [I think
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Epic-XP-Batman!
    solves your problem. All epics offer the same or more base exp. No need for bonuses.

  18. #38
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    If you just ran epic hard to cap you would get enough comms to epic tr again. That is what the devs said on Lammania. Epic hard requires no extra grind for comms.
    The math isn't looking that way.

  19. #39
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    The math isn't looking that way.
    I will grant you that. I hope practice will show us differently, or if not, the devs will change the number of comms needed.

    Well, I can hope, anyway.
    It's definitely an N-word.

  20. #40
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    20 hours of utterly painful play . . . but since I consider ANY running an and off-destiny to be a terrible un-fun gaming experience I'll take the fast pain over dragging it out longer than I need to.
    You are exaggerating too much... No one is going to take you seriously...

    9 epic TRs will be in your favorite ED... Another 9 will be in a solid ED that will still allow you to do Epic Elite, albeit slightly more challenging. You do complain everything is too easy right?

    That's half of them...

    Arcane, just skip it on your melee... Get some medication for your OCD, and just skip it.

    That leaves divine.. You got one free one, grind through 2 Unyielding Sentinals, and quit crying.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 11-14-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload