Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ETR - Not reseting first time bonuses for Streaks SUCKS!!!!

This is horrible! Getting that bonus on the first time completion is critical for epic leveling not to suck. Not having this reset on ETR is just terrible.

Please address this.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

You arleady farmed 4,2k comms or p2wined?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Sounds more like he p2whined
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Yeah they want to kill off epic elites. That is what this whole epic tr thing will do is finally kill off ee. No first time bonuses in a less optimal destiny means epic elite will take twice as long if not longer to level then epic hard. At least the two new quests were fun.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Yeah they want to kill off epic elites. That is what this whole epic tr thing will do is finally kill off ee. No first time bonuses in a less optimal destiny means epic elite will take twice as long if not longer to level then epic hard. At least the two new quests were fun.
    Nope.

Maybe first try to get those past lifes that actually benefit your build?

An easy solution would be to grant a character that ETRs an added XP bonus of, say, 40% that drops off with quest ransack or something? But then, you're still looking at an enormous disparity between XP to cap, and CoV to cap.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Does it count as Pay2win if somebody else paid for the points?

Community Member

Troll tears are the best kind of tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This is horrible! Getting that bonus on the first time completion is critical for epic leveling not to suck. Not having this reset on ETR is just terrible.

Please address this.
    Weak...

See this thread... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Epic-XP-Batman!

This update is full of win. Admit it... Update 20 rolled out pretty smoothly, and the changes (based on OUR feedback) are pretty good.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    An easy solution would be to grant a character that ETRs an added XP bonus of, say, 40% that drops off with quest ransack or something? But then, you're still looking at an enormous disparity between XP to cap, and CoV to cap.
    They probably can't reset first-time bonuses without resetting favor.

It does suck though as elite-streak bonus made leveling 20-28 tolerable. Without the first time and streak bonuses it's looking pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    This update is full of win. Admit it... Update 20 rolled out pretty smoothly, and the changes (based on OUR feedback) are pretty good.
    What's "win" about 2 quests nobody cares about and yet another hamster wheel that replaces an actual end-game?

Community Member

Considering that the system is set up to pay for, at least some, epic hearts and you earned everything but the new "leveling sigil". I don't see how it could be considered any more "pay to win" that buying TP's rather than farming them all from favor.

Really, that seems to me to be the paradigm they are aiming for. Price point might be a bit high right now though.

Streaking EEs on a good destiny was fun and worth it. I friggin loved do EE GH stuff at level 20 two lives ago.

Now? Forget it. It'll take months to ETR at that pace especially if you're running in an off-destiny to get Karma in another sphere.

Yes.

Community Member

Please address this.
    I understand exactly why you feel this way, you like to run EE (as do I). They improved quest xp in most quests, so that xp is basically a non issue now.... if you run EH. EE just isn't worth the effort - the xp needs increased, and the comms need tripled (at least) to make it viable.

Now? Forget it. It'll take months to ETR at that pace especially if you're running in an off-destiny to get Karma in another sphere.
    And guess what, you still won't have enough CoV once capped....
    We want more Monster Manuals.

They probably can't reset first-time bonuses without resetting favor.

It does suck though as elite-streak bonus made leveling 20-28 tolerable. Without the first time and streak bonuses it's looking pretty terrible.
    What is "tolerable"? Experience comes pretty fast, even without the first time bonus... I'd be okay if they gave epic elite another xp boost, but 20-28 is not that slow.

What I'll miss is explorer xp.... although slayer xp might be interesting.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

It'll take months to ETR at that pace
    No, it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    I understand exactly why you feel this way, you like to run EE (as do I). They improved quest xp in most quests, so that xp is basically a non issue now.... if you run EH. EE just isn't worth the effort - the xp needs increased, and the comms need tripled (at least) to make it viable.
    I think tripling the comms in epic elite is a great idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast