Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Wow that sux Jot, I imagine they could recoup your exp with stones but your Favor... well you know that's gone, as that sinking feeling told you.
    Gemdeath (Gimp Completionist)
    Wolfclan Wharfrat Furios and others. Yes my grammer sucks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celastelin View Post
    But that is not what's in the description. Either it takes you to 20, or it takes you back to 1. Essentially a 20 fold difference.

I don't care if that's the case, but it should make it clear either way.
    think of it like a vet character, only instead of starting with enough exp to hit lvl4 or 7 you get enough for lvl20.

so, you do have to do all the clicking to go from lvl1 to lvl20, but you have all the exp there ready for you to just click on through.

so, epic reincarnating does take you back to lvl20, but after the character creation screen you are sat at lvl1 and they let you make all the choices to get back to lvl20. that is why it is like getting a free LR thrown in, you can tweak your looks, stats, feats and skills.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

That sounds really frustrating and upsetting.

On the off chance it was a display bug (or something similar), did you try exiting the game, waiting a bit and then relogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    That sounds really frustrating and upsetting.

On the off chance it was a display bug (or something similar), did you try exiting the game, waiting a bit and then relogging?
    yes did that even logged In again tonight to double check, still nothing.

Even though the GM said they were going to investigate further, I did not get any notification or recognition by email so I am left hanging under the assumption someone is looking at it...

It took me a long time to generate that favor, I am not keen on having to regrind it all again.

I did file a bug report as well with all the gory details, hope they do something to fix this, I could care less about some token TP store stuff..

I hope they don't try and patronize me with some garbage compensation instead of fixing this...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    yes did that even logged In again tonight to double check, still nothing.

Even though the GM said they were going to investigate further, I did not get any notification or recognition by email so I am left hanging under the assumption someone is looking at it...

It took me a long time to generate that favor, I am not keen on having to regrind it all again.

I did file a bug report as well with all the gory details, hope they do something to fix this, I could care less about some token TP store stuff..

I hope they don't try and patronize me with some garbage compensation instead of fixing this...

Indeed! One thing I don't understand is why, after DDO has been around so long, Turbine hasn't developed a character editor that will let them edit all aspects of a character, easily and simply, including such things as earned favor (or if the character is completely bugged, create a new one from scratch that's identical and fixes the issues).

Or if such an editor does in fact exist, why isn't it used more?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Indeed! One thing I don't understand is why, after DDO has been around so long, Turbine hasn't developed a character editor that will let them edit all aspects of a character, easily and simply, including such things as earned favor (or if the character is completely bugged, create a new one from scratch that's identical and fixes the issues).

Or if such an editor does in fact exist, why isn't it used more?
    because mushrooms

hehe, seriously though, they had a bug once where mushrooms in a quest were affecting doors in another quest (at least i hope i have that memorised correctly), so although they could build a character tweaker there is a horrible chance it would turn us all into half-elves, and nobody wants to go through that trauma!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    because mushrooms

hehe, seriously though, they had a bug once where mushrooms in a quest were affecting doors in another quest (at least i hope i have that memorised correctly), so although they could build a character tweaker there is a horrible chance it would turn us all into half-elves, and nobody wants to go through that trauma!

But I...like half-elves (hides). And..I like mushrooms too. in fact, my guild is named Champions of Fungus. And it has some half-elves in it. And a few halflings. Including Holy Mushroom (he's a Paladin).

But you're probably right. Unrelated things do seem to affect each other. I suppose lag is caused by rust monsters hating mushrooms too much. sigh

Uber Completionist
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So I decide to Epic TR Jotmonheals (Cleric17/Rogue2/Monk1/Epic8) since he can use some Past Life perks .. never previously TR'd because he was my almost perfect favor toon...
    ... <cut>

(Admin): +xxxxxx+ tells you, 'The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you.'

So here I sit on the boat tired, naked on a Epic TR'd toon that no longer has Epic destinies, shorted on otto'x box bonus xp as my 50% xp pot was wiped on ETR, no favor, and no desire to do anything until this gets resolved..
    <...cut>
    I am pretty sure you encountered the same problem that hit my cleric three days before the update when you used the LR stone. I did LRs on 3 of my toons just before the update (to fix things and to use up the free LR stone you got when you talked to Kruz)
    The first toon I did went fine, the second was the same. The third lost all her Epic XP. I sent in a ticket and they returned the Destiny XP and I thought all was well but... the next day, I decided I wanted to max out one of her destiny for the 6mil karma. After running all 3 flagging quests in Gianthold, I went to get the end reward and... I was offered +1 loot of junk plus guild renown (not so useful when you are in a level 100 guild). I sent in a ticket to complain about this strange loot (tickets were both closed without a GM even talking to me). After a bit of looking on the forums, I realized that I was in the same boat as you - no favor, though my quest completions were fine, unable to retake quests (though the quests I did do, kept giving me infinite +1 loot of junk), and a repeated message of "quest completed", and weird behavior with favor (it gave me a +2 tome but my favor was only 45... so I am guessing the favor isn't really lost just not visible)

At this point I sent in a new ticket with the additional information about being unable to retake quests, getting infinite rewards, etc... And then proceeded to wait 3 hours where they ignored me - no GM, no closing of the ticket. I finally went to bed (steaming), in the morning I found the ticket was closed 6 hours after I opened it.
    I then proceeded to repeat the ticket, the GM proceeded to
    1) give me a True heart to restart my character at 1
    2) give me a xp stone to relevel me up to 20 again
    3) proceeded to give me back my epic xp (interesting enough my destiny xp didn't disappear that time)

So in the end it was a win-lose situation
    The positives:
    + character is now a third life druid rather than a second life cleric (I was missing druid so figured now was the time to change)
    + she ended up with a bit of extra destiny xp as they had to level me up since the true heart took all the epic xp away

The negatives
    - Lost all her favor (so has a lot of quests to run for that 5000 favor reward)
    - She has to re-flag ALL the raid quests

So if I had to guess how they will "fix" it for you they will
    1) Give you back your destiny xp
    2) Give you a true heart to take you back to 1
    3) Give you a 1-20 xp stone to take you back to 20

As a whole, it was an absolutely huge frustration - two of the GM's were absolutely useless (the 3 hour + ignore was pretty unacceptable) while the third was fantastic - not only did he quickly fix the problem but he waited until I re-leveled to 20 and helped me get my epic xp back.

I hope you are able to solve it faster than a few weeks... The problem with lost favor/lost destiny xp is definitely not a new problem.
    Shalera Dagen - (Almost) Triple Completionist life 42 (+ ~30 epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Uber Completionist
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post
    Sorry to hear about this Jot. Hope it gets fixed.

Did anyone else notice, and Jot, you might wanna mention this when trying to get this resolved, that in the pic of his favor patrons tab, although he has no favor, he actually still has the levels he (I assume) should have? That is, he still shows as Devout in Silver Flame, Hero of the People in Free Agents, Commended in most of the houses, Honorary Member of the Twelve in the Twelve. Perhaps this means it is just a disply bug on the favor? Anyway, just wanted to mention this to you, Jot, in case it helps you get this resolved.
    It could be a display bug, when I has a similar problem, I ended up getting the favor reward of the +2 tome but my total favor was something like 45...

I also suspect if he gets off the ship and does a quest, he would find he can also no longer retake quests and get junk loot as an end reward.
    Shalera Dagen - (Almost) Triple Completionist life 42 (+ ~30 epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe_ca View Post
    1) give me a True heart to restart my character at 1
    2) give me a xp stone to relevel me up to 20 again
    Will that stone be available in the DDO Store soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Weak...

See this thread... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Epic-XP-Batman!

This update is full of win. Admit it... Update 20 rolled out pretty smoothly, and the changes (based on OUR feedback) are pretty good.
    Just thought I would save my friend thrudh the bother of having to post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe_ca View Post
    It could be a display bug, when I has a similar problem, I ended up getting the favor reward of the +2 tome but my total favor was something like 45...

I also suspect if he gets off the ship and does a quest, he would find he can also no longer retake quests and get junk loot as an end reward.
    Will check the quest/reward thing tonight.
    Will also see If i can still buy yugo pots.. that will be a good test of lost favor vs display bug...
    Didnt check to see if I got my GH HP either.. will check that too.

Besides all the problems about what may or may not be display bugs...there were still some pretty severe issues...
    ~The loss of Epic Destinies is definitely not a display bug. I cant select or use any destiny that I had already capped.
    ~The wipe of my 50%xp pot that didnt apply to my 2mm xp stone was not a display bug
    ~The loss of my +5 tomes during levelling was not a display bug...
    ~The 4 hours levelling/relevelling and filling out tickets/bug reports instead of epic questing for comms of valor.
    ~The loss of use of my cleric since that point. atm I dont want to risk using him in case they can fix it and risk damaging that by doing stuff or losing what I do in the meantime.

Did get the canned response to my bug report..

Greetings Jotmonheals,

Thank you for contacting Turbine with your report. We value our player's input and appreciate your taking the time to provide Turbine with your valuable feedback.

We're sorry that you are experiencing this difficulty, but we appreciate your contacting us to make us aware of this and the issue you have reported is under investigation.

The report you have submitted here was done via the "Report a Bug" form, which will not necessarily result in a timely response or resolution to your issue. On the "Report a Bug" page, this information is reiterated for your convenience. While we may investigate reports submitted via the 'Report a Bug' form, QA cannot resolve individual or character issues in game or on the forums.

So now just waiting for a real person response..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-14-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Hey Jot haven't been able to catch you in game, but I had some of the same issues with Jadokis when I used the LR 20 Heart on him. The only thing I didn't lose was +5 tomes. Unfortunately, there is nothing that they can do to restore your favor. Unless this has changed recently, this is what I was told when I had a GM help me get back to 28.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Community Member

Things happen but the problem is that they don't empower tech support to fix it. Once you established that you were shafted, the problem was that no one was empowered to fix it. I lesser reincarnated and lost all my destiny xp. I contacted tech support and they said they couldn't fix it until they just closed my ticket because I wasn't worth helping, ( premium player ). I sincerely hope you don't suffer my fate.

I am an adult I know things go wrong but why can't Turbine empower people to fix this problem. Please note closing tickets is not a solution. Dear turbine this is happening often , just empower people to fix it when it happens.

Wow! thanks for the heads up man and sorry to hear of this major hassle. How you managed to refrain from yelling abuse is, quite frankly, beyond me.

I was this close *holds index finger over left mouse button* to ETR'ing my main with a plan to HTR her and thought... hang on.. wait a wek or so, this is Turdine here, they're bound to Mabar something up.

Sincerely hope you get it fixed

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

OP, THANK YOU for finding these bugs.
    I know it sucks to be hosed like you seem to be right now, but hopefully your suffering will lead to everyone having a smoother TR in the near future.

Going through what you described does not seem like a very healthy end game to me. Unless of course, its the "end game" of uninstalling DDO due to frustration.

Best of luck to you, hopefully you will be fixed up soon and ready to play again.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I also did a epic TR with a store bought heart. (4200 comms is insane! I will cap and i wont have enough for a new heart!!!)
    Anyway everything worked perfectly, hopefully everything gets fixed for you quick.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    I am sorry about your troubles concerning epic tr. Sounds horrible. Hope they will fix it soon.

Here are mine:
    So 7 of my 8 toons (1 is heroic tring) is at cap 28. No CoVs to tr them. Not gonna buy 7 hearts from store. Not gonna run hundreds of quests at cap to grind CoV for each character. I guess I am stuck. Fortunately I have fun with my heroic tring toon. First time eva I played a druid, and me likes.
    If you're VIP, then all of your epic toons will be receiving a free Epic Heart soon enough. If you're not a VIP, might be a good time to moonlight as one...

And OP, still not nearly as bad as TR-ing to find your TR cache empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Hey Jot haven't been able to catch you in game, but I had some of the same issues with Jadokis when I used the LR 20 Heart on him. The only thing I didn't lose was +5 tomes. Unfortunately, there is nothing that they can do to restore your favor. Unless this has changed recently, this is what I was told when I had a GM help me get back to 28.
    Guildie also had this happen to him using the LR 20 not fun/nor pretty. As already said they could not restore his lost favor, flagging, etc

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Wow! Just Wow! Do other Dev's in other games promise a product that does not deliver and have its players unintentionally test it?
    "Unintentionally" lol.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast