Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Man that is an Holy Frustration...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

And this, is what they want endgame to be...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

This is a friggin embarrassment for turbine's development team.

Sorry Jot, that's truly awful.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default is DDO the norm? Do other Dev's in other Games do this?

Wow! Just Wow! Do other Dev's in other games promise a product that does not deliver and have its players unintentionally test it? This happens time after time in DDO. Is this what we can expect if we leave DDO and go to another game? If it is then we might as well stay here.

I feel horrible for you!

Is making a game that works really that hard? This is a catastrophe!

Is this the norm across the gaming world when it comes to new updates? Have a plan, put it into action and it fails and is nothing like what was discussed!

I hope they can fix your Character OP. I feel bad for you in that you went through this nightmare, maybe got some sleep and probably had nightmares about it. Only to wake up and realize it really happened and the nightmare is real!

You deserve your Character to get fixed which is a fact and some sort of compensation for mental trauma imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Yes, every game has bugs. This your first MMO?
    You just chimed in a thread where the OP stated he had TONS of problems with ER and still not fixed just to say this stupid thing?

In other MMOs the GMs would have done something immediately AT LEAST about his ED XP. It shouldn't take DAYS to solve his issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-day_Trial_Monkey View Post
    /ui layout save <name>

/ui layout load <name>

That helps some with that pain. Can't help with the rest.
    I do have my base template laid out, but this just gives us a back the blank hotbars.. its the refilling of everything that was in those hotbars that takes time (I have 20 filled hotbars on the screens).

Would be nice if the Dev's would make some changes to the reincarnation system..especially on a lesser or Epic TR where nothing changes for class selections.
    -Default my looks, then all I have to do is change it from what it was if I so desire or skip past and keep everything the same.
    -Default my hotbars the /ui layout load <name> is helpful for alts... but on the existing toon there is no reason to wipe it.
    -Default my channels, friends, comments.. - there is no reason to reset these.
    -Default my choices in the hotbars ( grey out anything that isn't reselected during the levelling process.)
    -Default my spells selected, If i change spells during the levelling process let me deselect and reselect spells as i level and grey out my hotbars for the now not available spells.

Really, how hard would it be to default what I already have going into the TR..
    especially when it is already known that no racial, sex, or heroic level class selections can be changed.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Hero

Oh man..I'm virtually speechless. I logged right after you first started seeing issues but I never would have expected it to go this far.

However unlikely, if there's anything I can do to help, just holler. It's sad to see the nicest and most giving player I know get the brunt of this. Especially since the time spent on that character is measure in days and months and not hours.

Community Member

I had this very same thing happen on the first free LR of MOTU. Took them what, 6 months to finally confirm that a few people had this issue, then one person finally got their ed's restored because they were a whale $$ of a customer. Only person I know of from the forums to get back ED exp. For me, not a thing had to TR and redo all destiny exp loss and a sorry we can't help. Its insulting this happens and that they do not fix it within a day. Issues in other MMO's I've had they quickly resolve the problem. I was VIP when it happened so it wasn't like I wasn't paying them compared to say other subscription MMO's with similar problems aka WOW account hacks or missing items from bank.

Are you by chance VIP? I've always had a theory that being able to spend ED points on the fly is the issue compared to talking to ED trainer to spend points. ED's data doesn't lock, then you TR and bam, all that data is out of place and you get zeros and string errors which results zeros across the board.

Default You have my sympathies

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    as I am waiting I notice my favor is... yes you guessed it... reset to 0....
    my almost perfect favor toon has just been wiped to nothingness... I now have that sinking feeling in my heart....
    I look at my /quest completions.... yup still have 52 abbotts, 95 vons, 50 fot's, 321 Shrouds.... but no favor....
    This is where I would log out of the game until I got confirmation of the fix. I would stop supporting them until it was rectified. My ~4935 ish favor toon (only did one of the new ones last night on EE) is still sitting at 5 HTRs because I finally bit the bullet once (favor was at cap around 3400 at the time) to start the TR train. Now that I am 2 quests and 5 challenges from cap again, I will likely never HTR this toon again. Some of that favor is virtually impossible to replace as getting competant people to even try them (I'm looking at you EE CITW and Cannith Challenges) is the hardest part of completing many of them.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    And this, is what they want endgame to be...
    Yes.

New Endgame = encounter many bugs and submit many tickets to the support team.

That sucks jot. I was sincerely hopeful that they would have been sure this worked, in some minor attempt to make up for the past screw ups but i guess that was just me going temporarily insane. hopefully they fix this quick, but sadly i doubt it.

I got my own epic tr bug as well, btw. nothing that compares to your garbage but i discovered today that even though my bard is triple tr he cannot open any quest in gh on difficulties other than normal. just gianthold. bizarre.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

ouch thanks for jumping in for us . hope it gets fixed for you.

Oh...wow. My sincerest condolences. This is horrible...
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    That sucks jot. I was sincerely hopeful that they would have been sure this worked, in some minor attempt to make up for the past screw ups but i guess that was just me going temporarily insane. hopefully they fix this quick, but sadly i doubt it.

I got my own epic tr bug as well, btw. nothing that compares to your garbage but i discovered today that even though my bard is triple tr he cannot open any quest in gh on difficulties other than normal. just gianthold. bizarre.
    Epic?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Epic?
    right epic normal
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    right epic normal
    Has it got somethign to do with the new min level to enter epic quests. (-4 levels)? In other words are you qualified by your level to enter the higher diffs?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Arrow Wow...

Wow... yeah, sorry to hear you had so many issues.

I just did an ER + HTR with my main, but because I was HTR'ing into an iconic straight afterwards, I didn't check all the details where you have lost things. I have had a couple of quirks however; one good, one... "bad-ish but not sure how bad yet".

1) The good one was (and I know a lot of people will love this one) - when I HTR'd I had the option to change my sex. I didn't change it, so can't confirm it 100% works, but on my previous HTR's the Male/Female selection boxes were unresponsive - when I clicked them during the character generation process, it changed the character figure posing in front of me also... so this is good, no?

2) The not-so-good one is the changes they have done to stop twists being used at low levels after HTR. I did a reset of fate points before I HTR'd, and before talking to Elminster I could choose and activate different ED's, spend fate points, and drag some things into the twist slots. I then hot-barred them, bypassed Elminster and went to level up with the trainer. This all went ok, but before I gave up for the night, I entered Red Fens to kill a few mobs to test my gearing and enhancements; on zoning into the "cave" to beat the rare up, I got some lovely status messages on the top of the screen "DNT TBD Unable to Switch Twists before level 20" or some such error message (should have written it down...). I'm just hoping that this will not persist everytime I zone until I hit 20... time will tell. I'll try to update in a few days when I am back on-line and have tested some more... interestingly enough the hotbar icons for the twists are still there, but are greyed-out and unable to be activated... *sad-puppy*...

tldr;
    1) Looks like they allow sex change during TR now! and,
    2) looks like they have *partially* fixed the twists after HTR "feature"... but getting a gnarly error message...

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    You just quoted the only part that went according to the plan. When you ER, you return to lv1 with enough XP banked to reach lv20. You basically get a free LR with every ER.
    But that is not what's in the description. Either it takes you to 20, or it takes you back to 1. Essentially a 20 fold difference.

I don't care if that's the case, but it should make it clear either way.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Wow! Just Wow! Do other Dev's in other games promise a product that does not deliver and have its players unintentionally test it? This happens time after time in DDO. Is this what we can expect if we leave DDO and go to another game? If it is then we might as well stay here.

I feel horrible for you!

Is making a game that works really that hard? This is a catastrophe!

Is this the norm across the gaming world when it comes to new updates? Have a plan, put it into action and it fails and is nothing like what was discussed!

I hope they can fix your Character OP. I feel bad for you in that you went through this nightmare, maybe got some sleep and probably had nightmares about it. Only to wake up and realize it really happened and the nightmare is real!

You deserve your Character to get fixed which is a fact and some sort of compensation for mental trauma imo.
    Turbine is good, you should see one League of Legends, EUW server, had problems for over half a year, every 2 days you will get bad lag and dc, and its much worse than lag in ddo.
    And LoL is the most popular game right now, they too have problems when new updates come, but they fix it pretty fast, in less than a week.

Community Member

Sorry to hear about this Jot. Hope it gets fixed.

Did anyone else notice, and Jot, you might wanna mention this when trying to get this resolved, that in the pic of his favor patrons tab, although he has no favor, he actually still has the levels he (I assume) should have? That is, he still shows as Devout in Silver Flame, Hero of the People in Free Agents, Commended in most of the houses, Honorary Member of the Twelve in the Twelve. Perhaps this means it is just a disply bug on the favor? Anyway, just wanted to mention this to you, Jot, in case it helps you get this resolved.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast