Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Epic TR = Epic Nightmare . where do I begin......

So I decide to Epic TR Jotmonheals (Cleric17/Rogue2/Monk1/Epic8) since he can use some Past Life perks .. never previously TR'd because he was my almost perfect favor toon...

We run the two new quest Epic elite.. twice... and get about 60 comms per run...check my inventoory and I have 200ish comms..
    Epic TR is gonna cost a bout 4.2k comms, so off to the DDO store I go since I am a little impatient.

Purchase a Epic Otto's Irresistible Box 4,995 Points and a Epic Heart of Wood 1,295 Points
    per the notes..Epic Reincarnation
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Epic Reincarnate.
    • You must have enough Karma in one Epic Destiny Sphere to spend on your Epic Reincarnation.
    • You will not lose Karma from other, unselected, Epic Destiny Spheres.
    • To introduce Karma, your existing Epic Destiny experience is applied to Karma for each Sphere.
    • If you have any Epic Destinies with max experience, the corresponding Karma will also be maxed.
    • You retain your Epic Destiny progress.
    • You gain an Epic Past Life Feat.
    • You do not lose quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • You do not lose Epic Destiny experience.
    • After Epic Reincarnating, you return to Level 20 ? You retain your Race and Class Levels.
    • You will spend a few minutes in Character Generation and then talk to the Life-Shaper – much like a Lesser +0 Reincarnation.

Check, .. Level 28, ...3 out of 4 spheres have 6mil karma, 4th sphere has 1.7mm, most destinies are capped.
    and off to the trainer I go

Turn in the stone select my divine Past life feat, it resets me to level 1 with xp to level back to 20.. ugh I hate redoing the hotbars, channels, spells, cosmetics, etc..
    cap to 20 and then eat a Epic otto's box stone for another 2.3mm xp.. wait a minute 2.3mm ??
    per release notes
    Stone of Experience Information:
    - Grants two million XP to the user (Enough to completely fill an empty epic destiny)
    - Granted XP goes toward epic level, active epic destiny, and karma of active destiny's sphere.
    - Can be used at any time during the epic level range (Level 20+).
    - The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone.
    so based on this... 2mm(base) +50% pot +%5ship+15%VIP bonus...
    off to the Epic trainer...

While heading to the Epic TR trainer I am equipping gear and realize my stats look low.
    Finish levelling with the Fatespinner/Epic trainer.
    (only hit level 24 was expecting to be well into 25.. so my preplanned GH gear is now a little out of reach..)
    I hover over the stats and see no +5 tomes are showing on a toon that applied +5 tomes across the board.
    ugh... put in a ticket and ten minutes later get a GM response.

Helpful GM .. Ty Ky
    after about 10 minutes of him looking at my account he mails me a +5 supreme stat tome, a lesser reincarnation stone, and a timer reset.

So back to the reincarnation room I go...

Lesser reincarnate while scrutinizing every level for proper stat allocations, ugh, redoing all the looks, is a pain why does it not lock in my original and let me change if I want.... but ultimately all is well.
    Level back up to 24 and head to the ship to fix my gear, hotbars, spells, channels, etc. etc. etc...

Go to load my epic destiny.. get the mesage that I need to speak to the Fate Spinner... bah...
    off to the marketplace Fatespinner I go....

Talk to the fate spinner and he speaks to me like a virgin touched for the very first time.....
    I can't select my preferred destiny of Grandmaster, in fact... all my destinies are wiped back to 0
    I have almost 13 mil karma still showing in my spheres(my etr selected sphere is 0 as expected), but no epic destinies, no twists, everything is baby new.....arghhhhhhh

Submit another ticket....

Get another dev .. seems helpful, he looks at whatever he looks at for about 5 minutes...

as I am waiting I notice my favor is... yes you guessed it... reset to 0....
    my almost perfect favor toon has just been wiped to nothingness... I now have that sinking feeling in my heart....
    I look at my /quest completions.... yup still have 52 abbotts, 95 vons, 50 fot's, 321 Shrouds.... but no favor....

so at the end of the day.... 3 hours later than than when I should have gone to bed... to endure this Epic TR fiasco...
    ...I should have waited a couple weeks for the bugs to get worked out on Live...

(Admin): +xxxxxx+ tells you, 'The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you.'

So here I sit on the boat tired, naked on a Epic TR'd toon that no longer has Epic destinies, shorted on otto'x box bonus xp as my 50% xp pot was wiped on ETR, no favor, and no desire to do anything until this gets resolved..

and I think I made it through the post without setting myself up to be banned for expressing how I really feel .... nuff said....

Be fore warned... I am sure I am not the first to have TR issues.... may the gods have mercy on your TR'ing souls....

edit:
    add some screenshots.. of me at level 24 and no favor or epic destinies with karma...

Last edited by JOTMON; 11-28-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Good info, thanks for beta testing.

Default Ouch, but...

I read a story like this once...

It started...

Microsoft came out with a new version today, and despite it being Microsoft and a new software version oh and it being Microsoft and a new version and all, I installed it today....

Never, ever, ever until update xx.1 shall I ever AGAIN .....

Best wishes on a speedy fix...

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So I decide to Epic TR my Cleric since he can use some Past Life perks.

We run the two new quest Epic elite.. twice... and get about 60 comms per run...Epic TR is gonna cost a bout 4k comms, so off to the DDO store I go since I am a little impatient.

DDO Store 1,295 points for an Epic Hear of Wood
    per the notes..Epic Reincarnation
    • You must be at the level cap (currently 28, eventually 30) to Epic Reincarnate.
    • You must have enough Karma in one Epic Destiny Sphere to spend on your Epic Reincarnation.
    • You will not lose Karma from other, unselected, Epic Destiny Spheres.
    • To introduce Karma, your existing Epic Destiny experience is applied to Karma for each Sphere.
    • If you have any Epic Destinies with max experience, the corresponding Karma will also be maxed.
    • You retain your Epic Destiny progress.
    • You gain an Epic Past Life Feat.
    • You do not lose quest progress, including Favor, Raid completions, and Quest completions.
    • You do not lose Epic Destiny experience.
    • After Epic Reincarnating, you return to Level 20 ? You retain your Race and Class Levels.
    • You will spend a few minutes in Character Generation and then talk to the Life-Shaper – much like a Lesser +0 Reincarnation.

Check, .. Level 28, ...3 out of 4 spheres have 6mil karma, 4th sphere has 1.7mm, most destinies are capped.
    and off to the trainer I go

Turn in the stone select my divine Past life feat, it resets me to level 1 with xp to level back to 20.. ugh I hate redoing the hotbars, channels, spells, cosmetics, etc..
    cap to 20 and then eat a Epic otto's box stone for another 2.3mm xp and off to the Epic trainer...

While heading to the Epic TR trainer I am equipping gear and realize my stats look low.
    I hover over the stats and see no +5 tomes are showing on a toon that applied +5 tomes across the board.

ugh... put in a ticket and ten minutes later get a GM response.
    Helpful GM .. Ty Ky
    after about 10 minutes of him looking at my account he mails me a +5 supreme stat tome, a lesser reincarnation stone, and a timer reset.

So back to the reincarnation room I go...

Lesser reincarnate while scrutinizing every level for proper stat allocations, ugh, redoing all the looks, is a pain why does it not lockin my original and let me change if I want.... but ultimately all is well.
    Level back up to 24 and head to the ship to fix my gear, hotbars, spells, channels, etc. etc. etc...

Go to load my epic destiny.. and speak to the Epic destiny trainer... bah...
    off to the trainer I go....

Talk to the fate spinner and he speaks to me like a virgin touched for the very first time.....
    I cant select my preferred destiny of Grandmaster, in fact... all my destinies are wiped back to 0
    I have almost 13 mil karma still showing in my spheres, but no epic destinies, no twists, everything is baby new.....arghhhhhhh

Submit another ticket....

Get another dev .. seems helpful, he looks at whatever he looks at for about 5 minutes...

as I am waiting I notice my favor is... yes you guessed it... reset to 0.... my almost perfect favor toon has just been wiped to nothingness.
    I look at my /quest completions.... yup still have 52 abbotts, 95 vons, 50 fot's, 321 Shrouds.... but no favor....

so at the end of the day.... 3 hours later than I should have gone to bed... to endure this Epic TR fiasco...I should have waited a couple weeks for the bugs to get worked out on Live...

(Admin): +xxxxxx+ tells you, 'The issue you have reported requires additional research and is being escalated for further review. We will contact you if we need additional information to investigate the problem, or if new details can be provided about this issue. At times, research can take several days as the In-Game Support team often works with other departments to find the appropriate resolution to your issue. Please be patient while we work to resolve this issue for you.'

So here I sit on the boat tired, naked on a Epic TR'd toon that no longer has Epic destinies, no favor, and no desire to do anything until this gets resolved..

and I think I made it through the post without setting myself up to be banned for expressing how I really feel as I type this using my middle finger........ nuff said....

Be fore warned... I am sure I am not the first to have TR issues.... may the gods have mercy on your TR'ing souls....

Community Member

321 shrouds. Good lord. How did you do it?

I knew posts like this were coming and sad to hear you had to be the one to test it for us all. But thanks same way, hope they fix it for you.

beta tested by monkeys for 5 days... . . .. . . ...

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Good info, thanks for alpha testing.
    fixed

That definitely does suck, and thanks for the heads up, but look at the positives, amigo.

All that favor you can now cakewalk through is free TP.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Thumbs up

Sorry it happened to you but thanks for the heads up. I hope they can fix you soon.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    /ui layout save <name>

/ui layout load <name>

That helps some with that pain. Can't help with the rest.

Sorry to hear your troubles Jot, can't say I'm surprised though..

Quote Originally Posted by ilhares View Post
    All that favor you can now cakewalk through is free TP.
    Considering he bought a heart and an epic box, he's already spend 63 000 TP (or more money than the cost of a brand new triple A game). I doubt he cares about a few 25...

Quote Originally Posted by 7-day_Trial_Monkey View Post
    /ui layout save <name>

/ui layout load <name>

That helps some with that pain. Can't help with the rest.
    Only for the layout, you still need to refill all of them manually...
    We want more Monster Manuals.

What a shame. Sorry Jot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

I am sorry about your troubles concerning epic tr. Sounds horrible. Hope they will fix it soon.

Here are mine:
    So 7 of my 8 toons (1 is heroic tring) is at cap 28. No CoVs to tr them. Not gonna buy 7 hearts from store. Not gonna run hundreds of quests at cap to grind CoV for each character. I guess I am stuck. Fortunately I have fun with my heroic tring toon. First time eva I played a druid, and me likes.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 11-13-2013 at 04:40 AM.

The Hatchery
    2016 DDO Players Council

joining to Farwil - what a shame for Turbine that their QA didnt tested so important part of update's changes...

accept my condolences
    "I shall take your position into consideration. Well, it seems your terms are not acceptable." (c) Baal
    Argonnessen :: Marche Funebre (200) : Leningradets / Zapasnoy / Grimstave / Rockernaut / Dociznogoud / Feldshaman

Really sorry to read that ... I wish you best of luck, that they will fix your toon soon!

What the real weird thing is;
    On lammania I ETRed tons of times (on one toon I maxed out all iconic and epic past lives) - and yes I encountered a bug ... an annoying bug ... (regardless of race choice ETR would always internally change the race to PDK for TRing purposes O_o) ... but I never lost any favor, tomes or destiny xp during the process ... so what for heavens sake did they screw so that it is now completely broken on live? O_o
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine description of Epic Reincarnation
    After Epic Reincarnating, you return to Level 20 ? You retain your Race and Class Levels.
    Ok, thanks for letting us know Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON
    Turn in the stone select my divine Past life feat, it resets me to level 1 with xp to level back to 20.
    Wait.... what?

Is this true for anyone else who has tried this?

Sorry to hear about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Celastelin View Post
    Ok, thanks for letting us know Turbine.

Wait.... what?

Is this true for anyone else who has tried this?

Sorry to hear about what happened.
    You just quoted the only part that went according to the plan. When you ER, you return to lv1 with enough XP banked to reach lv20. You basically get a free LR with every ER.
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Ty for taking the bullet for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Good info, thanks for beta testing.
    Yup that's what i was thinking, no way i'm touching that stuff until at least 6 months

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

I also plan to not ER til this has been tested properly on live.

I did try out ER several times on Lamannia, though, and it worked flawlessly.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    My characters: Micki's Delirium\Characters
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast