Community Member

Default More Comms needed.

Just did an epic hard von 5 and 6 and the end reward list for von 6 was 18 comms. Considering that running von 6 requires first running von 5 (which has no end reward list) the number of comms on the end list should be greater than 18 for a hard completion. 234 runs of von 5/6 on hard seems a little much for an epic heart.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Comms increase the higher the level of the quest and the higher of the difficulty of the quest. you guys need to look outside the box and make some adjustments in farming. ive seen posts earlier today about its going to take umpteenmillion Von 3s to get enough Comms for a EHoW and 234 Von 5/6s for a EHoW. Im pretty sure partially the intent for how much you get for Comms and the no ransack to get Comms is to get people to play more content, thus hoping to get more people to buy more content, thus hoping to make the lfm more active. it sucks for those that were capped or most of the way capped, im sure, but it will be a lot easier for those leveling up at 20. this is what happens when players assume and don't wait for more confirmation on changes to the game.

In case of the dual thingy, yes, more comms would be nice. But on the other hand, i really dont think they intend you to run and rerun a quest to get the comms.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    In case of the dual thingy, yes, more comms would be nice. But on the other hand, i really dont think they intend you to run and rerun a quest to get the comms.
    I just did 600k worth of exp and ended up with 129 commendations. (Quest list: VoN 1-6 all on EH, Chrono EH, LoD EE).

Sure, the rate will be better when doing higher level quests / shorter quests / EE:s, but still, this is a far cry from the quoted ~100 quests. If I had used exp-potions, the exp:comm ratio would be even more ridiculous.

Community Member

Yup lots more need to drop, doing high level EH's and it seems i'm gonna have to do 250 ish..

so signed...very very signed

Community Member

1.5x or double e-hard comms, quadruple or so EE coms. EE takes 3 times as much effort as least as EH, and you certainly dont get much better xp out of it, so comms would be a good way to make them worth running.

Community Member

Sorry but it is not going to happen. These new hearts are going to be store or spend your life earning one only. Was thinking of doing some Epic TRs on my capped toons but am not going to grind to earn a heart just so I can grind again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Comms increase the higher the level of the quest and the higher of the difficulty of the quest. you guys need to look outside the box and make some adjustments in farming. ive seen posts earlier today about its going to take umpteenmillion Von 3s to get enough Comms for a EHoW and 234 Von 5/6s for a EHoW. Im pretty sure partially the intent for how much you get for Comms and the no ransack to get Comms is to get people to play more content, thus hoping to get more people to buy more content, thus hoping to make the lfm more active. it sucks for those that were capped or most of the way capped, im sure, but it will be a lot easier for those leveling up at 20. this is what happens when players assume and don't wait for more confirmation on changes to the game.
    I understand variety is the idea, but raids are variety (at least for me). No one runs raids because they are the fastest completions (that is what we have impossible demands for). The trouble is that running von 5 and von 6 gives about as many comms as impossible demands. Raids take longer to run (and much longer to put the group together) and should have a larger reward as a result. My point in saying it would take 234 Von 5/6 runs is that, being that Von 5/6 is two quests and takes a good amount of time to get through, the number of runs needed should be less than running some level 28 quest on EH. Raids should pay better than normal quests.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Just did an epic hard von 5 and 6 and the end reward list for von 6 was 18 comms. Considering that running von 6 requires first running von 5 (which has no end reward list) the number of comms on the end list should be greater than 18 for a hard completion. 234 runs of von 5/6 on hard seems a little much for an epic heart.
    Run it on EE instead and you'll get 35 comms.
    Proud officer of Spellbinders: http://spellbinders.shivtr.com/
    Lyrandar(EU)->Devourer(EU)->Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromio View Post
    Run it on EE instead and you'll get 35 comms.
    Does EE really give twice the comms of EH? Last I read on the test server EE was giving about 50% more comms than EH.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    I just did 600k worth of exp and ended up with 129 commendations. (Quest list: VoN 1-6 all on EH, Chrono EH, LoD EE).

Sure, the rate will be better when doing higher level quests / shorter quests / EE:s, but still, this is a far cry from the quoted ~100 quests. If I had used exp-potions, the exp:comm ratio would be even more ridiculous.
    at the given rate of CoV you need only another 260 quests with the same ratio to give you 1 heart

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Does EE really give twice the comms of EH? Last I read on the test server EE was giving about 50% more comms than EH.
    It's not exactly double but it works out pretty close to that. Here are the formula's.