Default How big of an XP bonus is possible?

I am toying around with the idea of buying one of the boxes of shame for the stone of regret. It states that the stone gives you 2 million xp that IS effected by xp bonuses. So my question is how big can a person get their xp bonus and what would the final xp payout be?

VIP 10% normally, 15% this month.
    Guild airship xp shrine 5%
    XP elixir 50%
    Voice of the Master 5%

Am I missing anything? Also how do these stack? Additive or multiplicative?
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Default On a side note.

Isn't it funny that people pay video game developer's money so they can bypass actually playing the game? The psychology behind this is fascinating and this is coming from a guilty party.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    Isn't it funny that people pay video game developer's money so they can bypass actually playing the game? The psychology behind this is fascinating and this is coming from a guilty party.
    MOO MOO cash cow. this cow is about to be turned into hamburgers i forsee

Am I missing anything? Also how do these stack? Additive or multiplicative?
    No idea how they stack, but you are missing those +20-25% xp weekends, like the one we've just had

Guild Ship, Voice and XP elixir will all stack with the stone of xp.

XP Weekend bonus does not.

I also do not believe that the VIP bonus stacks with the stone of xp.

I am a VIP and do not remember it stacking with the box I used but am not 100% sure.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post

I am a VIP and do not remember it stacking with the box I used but am not 100% sure.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks!
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    MOO MOO cash cow. this cow is about to be turned into hamburgers i forsee
    Are you seriously trolling someone for having disposable income? I work a full time job with weekly overtime and do National Guard drills on the side. What I have plenty of right now is disposable income, what I do not have plenty of is time. Not all of us can live in our mothers basement for a living.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post

Hope that helps.
    From what I remember on Lam, VIP DOES stack. I remember maxing it out at 3,400,000 from the 2mil stone. However, that was before the 15% change for VIP, so that may have gone up.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Are you seriously trolling someone for having disposable income? I work a full time job with weekly overtime and do National Guard drills on the side. What I have plenty of right now is disposable income, what I do not have plenty of is time. Not all of us can live in our mothers basement for a living.
    They meant the game in general.
    Ever heard of the phrase "cash cow franchise"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingault View Post
    They meant the game in general.
    Ever heard of the phrase "cash cow franchise"?
    After being quoted I was under the presumption it was directed towards me. If I am in error I apologize for over-reacting.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Heh, so having less time means paying more to play less :-/
    Strange paradox indeed.

Similar to endless TRing, having more powerful character for easier stuff, never putting those skills/abilities to use.
    Or actually capping, seeing there's nothing to do, and almost stop playing such character.

Hamster wheels are hamster wheels. And less and less carrott.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

Community Member

I'm not sure how they stack, but regarding the whole spending thing people have been going on about.
    If you have money to spend and feel like getting it, go for it.
    I know I'd like a stone of experience for those levels where I have not as much content, or the content I do have isn't that great in terms of exp...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

XP bar starting 0 / 300,000 xp

Buffs:
    Airship 5%
    Thank you Mhouse
    Vip currently 15%
    Xp Potion 50%
    Voice augment 5%
    Greater Tome of Learning 10%
    Inside Von 1 on 11/12/13 (which in the past I have proven means nothing)
    DDO Bonus days ended yesterday (which in the past I have proven means nothing)

After
    3,499,999 / 300,000 xp on main bar
    3,499,999 xp in primal sphere (which I would have forgotten to change if the stone describtion had not warned me)

I'm wonder a bit at this odd number, is there a level cap going on here?

So ddo wiki xp:

Level 21 Level 22 Level 23 Level 24 Level 25 Level 26 Level 27 Level 28
    Experience Gain to Next Level 300,000 450,000 600,000 750,000 900,000 1,050,000 1,200,000 1,350,000
    Total Experience Needed 300,000 750,000 1,350,000 2,100,000 3,000,000 4,050,000 5,250,000 6,600,000

I'm not seeing 3.5 million as being a critical number so...all is well, I think.

About to level up and see where it lands me.
    Taking levels till Fawngate is halfway thru level 25, so she will start equipping her gianthold gear,
    which she nicknamed, "the new greensteels".

Not seeing any obvious problems with this epic reincarnate.
    Will post somewhere if Fawngate bugs anywhere.

Community Member

I know that has been beat to death, but I really feel like these stones have single-handedly ruined this game. Instead of adjusting the xp, and this current heroic xp curve adjustment is just smoking mirrors, they sell a very expensive item to bypass the horrendous xp curve. I know people have lives, jobs, wives and what not but this system punishes those that don't have the extra income or are willing to buy a life at $50 a pop. How does what person A does affect person B? Well very simple, person A, the one willing to buy the heart, allows Turbine to set XP, and now Comms of Valor for ETR hearts, so high that it becomes a nuisance and encourages people to spend the money instead of spending the time playing the game. There is a happy medium but they don't care about that.

They are very smart over there regardless of what people think of them. Their marketing team is genius. They know most of the people have finished or are close to finishing their heroic TR's so they create Epic TR and drop heroic XP to make it seem like they really care about their players and are listening to their feedback and woes about the xp being too much. Then they make Epic TR cost more xp, because of the lose of first time bonus, and stop favor farming by preserving all favor and quest completions upon Epic TR and people have not even caught on to this yet. That is the genius of it all.

Community Member

How does the XP work with respect to destinies? Meaning, does it apply only the portion associated with the current level to the destiny currently selected (for example, only 300,000K when leveling to 21 gets applied to primal avatar), then you can switch destiny before leveling up and it applies that level's portion (same example, 450K) to the new destiny before leveling up, and so on? Or does it just apply to the 1 destiny you have picked when you use the stone?

Also, if you gain more XP than what's left to go on the chosen destiny.. is that wasted? (with respect to destiny?)

Community Member

Time is only a problem when you feel you need to keep up with those who live in their mothers basements.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    XP bar starting 0 / 300,000 xp

Buffs:
    Airship 5%
    Thank you Mhouse
    Vip currently 15%
    Xp Potion 50%
    Voice augment 5%
    Greater Tome of Learning 10%
    Inside Von 1 on 11/12/13 (which in the past I have proven means nothing)
    DDO Bonus days ended yesterday (which in the past I have proven means nothing)

After
    3,499,999 / 300,000 xp on main bar
    3,499,999 xp in primal sphere (which I would have forgotten to change if the stone describtion had not warned me)
    I looks like your Greater Tome of Learning 10% did not apply (rest of it adds up: 5% + 15% + 50% + 5% = 75%; 2mil XP * 1.75 = 3.5mil XP received).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)