Mock me openly, I've said worse things about you behind your back.

Default Awesome!!!!! I just got Turbined

Logged on today to find that one of my characters had 3 ranks of xp stolen from them by Turbine. The GM response was the generic call customer support. Anyone else have anything stolen from them today?

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

The xp curve has been adjusted. Your character should have the same amount of xp but the rank may have changed if it is a TR.

While it may look like a loss now, it's a net gain because you need less xp to cap.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    The xp curve has been adjusted. Your character should have the same amount of xp but the rank may have changed if it is a TR.

While it may look like a loss now, it's a net gain because you need less xp to cap.
    if xp had been reduced, i should have gained ranks, not lost 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slymenstraa View Post
    Logged on today to find that one of my characters had 3 ranks of xp stolen from them by Turbine.
    They gave that XP to some of my experimental lowbie builds. They each ranked up today, some of em enough to level.
    So... thanks! I really found the XP helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post

Or it may have been this.
    Yeah. Probably this.

Community Member

The total xp was reduced. The xp curve was also changed, which is why the ranks may have changed. However, no actual xp was harmed in the making of this change.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger (TRing)
    Talvi, 20 druid ~ Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

At lower levels you need more xp. but less at higher. So if you were 14 or less it will seem like youve lost xp
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Hero

Depends on what level you are. Certain mid-levels (7-8-9-10) had more XP added (some over 100k) and 17-18-19 thru 20 has their reduced much more so. Overall there is 600k less total XP for a legend life. So it is possible that you might have lost a couple of rank if your in mid ranges.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eded-per-level

According to this chart, if you were under lvl 15 on a first life, yes you probably lost ranks.

Community Member

If you are below level 15 or thereabouts on a TR3 you may have lost ranks, but not XP. If you were over level 15 you possibly gained ranks. I had one character that should have lost a level but haven't checked yet.

thx for the heads up. didnt realize lower levels got nailed like that. Still i got turbined, ghostbaned, crucibled, and left to swamp rot with the kobold rejects. lol

thx for the heads up. didnt realize lower levels got nailed like that. Still i got turbined, ghostbaned, crucibled, and left to swamp rot with the kobold rejects. lol
    Well, on the + side you now have enhancements, and if youre VERY lucky a level that you shouldnt.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

I got your ranks, my 18th level got enough to get to 19. And got almost to 20 by clearing Amrath and Cannith wilderness areas and doing the 3 reaver's refuge quests. Probably make 20 later tonight with a little IQ or Wheloon. Takes a lot less xp to get from 18-20 now!

Oh, and some of those quests that had poor xp before (like all the Amrath quests, Druids Deep, etc) have much better xp now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eded-per-level

According to this chart, if you were under lvl 15 on a first life, yes you probably lost ranks.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I logged in today to find that my L9 first life fighter gained three ranks and is almost ready to level.

Total experience to 20 is the same, xp has just been adjusted between levels.

Community Member

No, you didn't. This change has been well document for a month and a half.

I hit level 13 on 3rd life rogue today and lost a full level!!!! I submitted a ticket and they told me they don't hand out free XP, so I replied I just want the xp I lost!!! They better fix it fast because I burned through my level 10 quests and have nothing left that I care to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Martialis View Post
    Total experience to 20 is the same, xp has just been adjusted between levels.
    It's the same as it was for first lifers, but less for second and third+ lives.