Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Everyone.
    So every existing character gets a box?

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    How about an account that was VIP dropped VIP at the moment and has more characters than character slots....Will those characters also receive a box if they go back VIP ( and then have the slots )? Even after the boxes were given out?
    I would assume yes...my toons got their LR +20 hearts when my VIP was dropped. I subbed back the day after the expansion and all the toons I couldn't access had them.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Everyone.
    First: Kudos on such a quick response. And a rather fair response. That said, I have a question.

Most of my characters, I'm unsure what I want from the box for whatever reason. Back when there was a problem with the birthday boxes, you guys gave another round to "everyone" - which really meant "everyone who didn't currently have a birthday box in their inventory." So others who either opened the box and didn't get the requested tome, or who opened the box and DID get the tome, got a replacement box - meaning the latter group got a chance for two tomes - while those of us who followed the "don't open the birthday boxes!" instructions didn't get a second box.

Does "Everyone" mean my characters will have two boxes if I don't open them up, or will this be like the birthday box again?

In other words, should I:
    1. Not open the box, because they'll get a second box even if one's already currently in inventory;
    2. Open the box and pick something I think they'll maybe want, because that way they'll get a second;
    3. Destroy the box the night before the patch hits, so I'll get a second box and then buyback the first, so I can put BOTH boxes in the bank until I'm ready;
    4. Do whatever I feel like, because only characters who didn't already get a box with U20 will get one with 20.1; or
    5. Do something else entirely?

My gut reaction is 2) but I'm hoping for 1)
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 11-12-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Everyone.
    Huzzah!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

everyone? i just wonder if they will pull a bill clinton on this one.
    ohh my god the pinions will be EVERYWHERE at least the lag fest raid wont be ran for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    everyone?
    ohh my god the pinions will be EVERYWHERE at least the lag fest raid wont be ran for awhile

...just make sure you slot Ghostbane when it's fully upgraded
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

I did a lot of raiding, mainly Shroud for Greensteel weapons and items and TRed two characters before U19. I didn't do any Raiding or didn't TR between 19 and 20 even on my Epic characters as I was mainly working on the TRs. When my guildmate showed me what he got on his characters [some who did TR and Raid but also some who didn't] I felt sick that I didn't at least find the time to do a Raid before U20.

Despite what Cordovan implied - I think it would be to good to be true to expect all characters - even the Level 7's living in the bank as storage mules who have never been played to be given Level 23 Raid loot. I'll just but that down to poor Jerry hitting the ol' sauce after a long day of updating.
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Well played, Turbine. Well played.

So many characters of mine will be begging to be dusted off and leveled at breakneck pace to 23...with a small pause to craft them a GS accessory along the way ><

Everyone.
    even my mother's brother's neighbors boyfriend's dog?
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    even my mother's brother's neighbors boyfriend's dog?
    Assuming the dog has an account or is a character on someone's account.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    First: Kudos on such a quick response. And a rather fair response. That said, I have a question.

Most of my characters, I'm unsure what I want from the box for whatever reason. Back when there was a problem with the birthday boxes, you guys gave another round to "everyone" - which really meant "everyone who didn't currently have a birthday box in their inventory." So others who either opened the box and didn't get the requested tome, or who opened the box and DID get the tome, got a replacement box - meaning the latter group got a chance for two tomes - while those of us who followed the "don't open the birthday boxes!" instructions didn't get a second box.
    Wasn't that simple. I'm fairly sure that anywhere between 0 and 3 boxes was possible with all the weird stuff that was going on.

I do hope that it won't be as unpredictable this time.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).
    Away from the game most of 2015.

We are aware that some characters did not receive the Raider's Reward Box they expected to receive with the release of Update 20. We continue to investigate the cause, and plan to distribute new boxes to all characters in the next patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for raiding!
    Could you add a dwarf axe as an option in this one? Was severely disappointed that the one box I did get was on my dwarf axe exclusive fighter and no axe to choose. Basically nothing for me at all on that one.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Wasn't that simple. I'm fairly sure that anywhere between 0 and 3 boxes was possible with all the weird stuff that was going on.

I do hope that it won't be as unpredictable this time.
    Yeah, actually, it was that simple. One of my friends opened up the boxes on everyone, successfully got tomes on everyone who wanted them (and I believe SP pots on the few who already had a full set), and a short while later got a second box on everyone.

Meanwhile, I didn't open my boxes on anyone because we were told not to until after the patch, and a short while later I got... bupkus. It was the original attempts to fix things that weird stuff was maybe happening (I dunno, first I heard about that), but when they decided to just give everyone another box, it only appeared for those who didn't already have one currently in inventory or the bank.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Question ...everyone?!?

Is this some joke or misunderstanding..?

Honestly, something sounds wrong to me about every single toon getting a Raider's box

Cause, for one, not even my char who was elligible for it (and got it) really desrves it

Everyone.
    Please pardon me for being so anally retentive, but could you elaborate? Either you have implied or I/we have inferred that each and every character (which will include the level 7 Cleric I rolled up and never played and all 4 of my level 15 Iconic mules who have only been played enough to expand their inventories and banks, and the level 1 I have on a separate free account only because I'm too lazy to log in and delete him) will receive the Raider's Reward Box. Is that the case?

Just to be clear, I have no problem with this... Nor do I have any problem with it only being the TRs and Raiders. I would just appreciate a bit of clarity. Just to be sure. Before this gets out of hand and we have protesters with pitchforks (+7 Dev Bane pitchforks, that is) outside of the Eberron embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    Before this gets out of hand and we have protesters with pitchforks (+7 Dev Bane pitchforks, that is) outside of the Eberron embassy.
    +7 Dev Bane pitchforks of Ghostbane, you mean

Seriously though, here's the new announcement on the Launcher:

We are aware that some characters did not receive the Raider's Reward Box they expected to receive with the release of Update 20. We continue to investigate the cause, and plan to distribute new boxes to all characters in the next patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for raiding!
    Two words stick out...I guess we'll find out soon.

So after all that fruitless raid running to hunt for celestia, my ninja will now have 2 of them?

I'm too manly to give voice to the sheer amount of inner squee, the repression of which I think might end up giving me a hernia or something.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

If I'm getting this right and every character gets a box, I'm trying to think of a reason why I should ever bother to run CitW again after this, because all my toons will now have everything they want from it, after only about 20 runs across all of my 7 or so active characters... I never missed out on any 20th rewards.

Everybody already flagged all their main characters to get a box in this update, and the vast majority of people probably got one (I did on all characters who were flagged for it). There aren't many who want more than two weapons from the raid. So I can't imagine who'll run it now, except maybe on brand new characters rolled after the next patch, or for giggles.. But these people might struggle to put a full group together and might have to short man.

It's not the best raid, it's a bit long for my taste, but I still find it a bit sad I won't be motivated to run it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Community Member

Not to mention the fact that everybody will be running around swinging the same weapons now. Every archer will now have a Pinion, which is far better than any other DPS bow in game, every THF will have a Cleaver, etc. Variety is good. That pleasant geeky feeling that you have something special that others don't have, because you took the time to grind it, will be gone. It's one of the reasons why people do raids, to get something special.

Of course, there are the people who missed out on their 20th rewards at the beginning of this mess and their deserved a compensation, but the solution the devs have come up with is heavy-handed and not very well thought out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Slotted Weapons....think a bit...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast