Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beyond the Rift Issue U20

Just did beyond the rift two times. Both bugged out on 'defeat the drageloth'. Killed him and mobs around, no check for completion, door stays shut. Seems to be a dretch is hidden somewhere in terrain throwing stuff at my guy, but untargettable.

So broken and unable to be completed as far as I can tell.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

sometimes there is a spider that didnt climb up. make sure to look everywhere

Community Member

We are having the same problem, have a ticket in as we speak. Tried 2x also bugged in the same spot.

Community Manager

We are currently investigating this issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Hero

I just ran it. A dretch fall into the floor right past where the Drageloth comes thru (where the wall drops). I was luck enough to be able to kill him with a couple comet falls. If you stand at the edge and move your view around you can hear and see him in the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I just ran it. A dretch fall into the floor right past where the Drageloth comes thru (where the wall drops). I was luck enough to be able to kill him with a couple comet falls. If you stand at the edge and move your view around you can hear and see him in the floor.
    oh gotcha. so this is something new. my bad.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are currently investigating this issue.
    Next quest closed for half year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Default Quest is still able to be completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Just did beyond the rift two times. Both bugged out on 'defeat the drageloth'. Killed him and mobs around, no check for completion, door stays shut. Seems to be a dretch is hidden somewhere in terrain throwing stuff at my guy, but untargettable.

So broken and unable to be completed as far as I can tell.
    So, just got done with a party in here as well. Turns out, we were able to stand on a small ledge to the left, facing the doorway going further into the quest. Turn around and there is your mob. You can't hit him by arrows or most spells, but there have been a few things we figured out you CAN hit him with. (Thus, we just completed the quest). Orchid Blossom confirmed hitting him, and so did FvS Archon. You have to be on that little edge to do it though.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

just ran this on Khyber (619.08 oy264.85 oz-354.49 h73.) and had same issue. could hear it - and it was chucking something brown at us - (they've always reminded me of demonic green monkeys) - but it was hiding UNDER - submitted ticket - but by the time support came (~10 minutes) we had found it and used runearms and firewalls to get it.

funny thing is you can shift your camera to see it - and it does move around. Arty dogs didn't aggro on it.

Once it was dead - we got credit and the chest/shrines/door opened.

PS - the ticket was closed without interaction with the GM - with the canned 'we can't do anything about this' - and upon talking with in-game friends and checking tickets history - its the same GM who gives this lame lazy response in situations where the GM could have done something.
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 11-13-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.
    Must be a new guy that hasn't learned to ignore the script and actually help people yet. (Of course once they learn they then get fired for going off script...)

I've even had them help with mobs stuck in walls before.

Escalate that to a senior GM. GMs absolutely can respawn or kill must-kill mobs that land in unreachable positions. (Respawning it may not be sufficient in this case but killing it would be).

Plus, if there are a large number of senior GM escalations on one issue, it tends to get fixed quicker.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Was in a party that got stuck here and one of the members put in a ticket. After waiting about 15 minutes a GM popped the door open for us and the quest continued.

I was very surprised.

Just finished the quest on EN with no problems.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Next quest closed for half year?
    Hopefully all the helpful information that the players have provided will mean that it get fixed quickly - especially since this is the gateway to Eveningstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorin View Post
    Was in a party that got stuck here and one of the members put in a ticket. After waiting about 15 minutes a GM popped the door open for us and the quest continued.

I was very surprised.
    Yet more evidence that level 1 GMs aren't trained enough. Even if they don't know how, why are they not at least AWARE that this IS an issue that GMs can assist with? At least then they could escalate the ticket themselves so the player(s) can complete the quest they are in.

LOL this is the answer I get for EVERYTHING now typical cut and paste response.

Can anyone post a screenshot showing where this dretch is hiding and how to find it?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Manager

We're working on a fix for this issue, and are working on an update to the game. Time TBA, but if all goes well it should be quite soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

We're working on a fix for this issue, and are working on an update to the game. Time TBA, but if all goes well it should be quite soon.
    You should probably close the quest, just to be sure.

We all know bugs happen and i appreciate you working on an update.

But that gm closed my ticket right away with no communication whatsoever, couldn't message him at all. That's just not right considering I know he could have helped us. Poor CS is poor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast