Default Anyone TR into an Iconic from a normal race yet?

I've seen a couple posts about people losing their Iconic gear or it 'changing' to starter gear. Did you get the full set of Iconic gear when you TR'ed?

Can you use a Lesser Heart and remove the starting class requirement? (example: TR and go 14sorc/1pally bladeforged. then use a lesser TR and get rid of the pally level and be 15sorc)

I'm not sure if I should do my TR now or wait until all the bugs are worked out (if there are any).

Thanks in advance for replies!
    Dorian

What does it say when the player base is afraid to use a new feature due to anticipated bugs? In theory all these features have been fully play-tested. In theory.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Community Member

Default Wondering same thing

It appears BF/ Pally are considered a race and not separated by Race/Class. Was hoping to TR into BF Juggy ranger ver. but don't look like its possible

Community Member

I heroic tr'd my WF Sorc into a sun elf, and then used a LR +1 to get rid of the Cleric level.

I also received the iconic gear without problems.

Community Member

Default More $$$ for Turbine I guess

Quote Originally Posted by KahaNZL View Post
    I heroic tr'd my WF Sorc into a sun elf, and then used a LR +1 to get rid of the Cleric level.

I also received the iconic gear without problems.
    You shouldn't have to LR +1 . they should make BF /Pally separate.

Quote Originally Posted by ArealLeroy View Post
    That kind of goes against the flavor of having an Iconic. Then it's just another race like any other. I think it should stay just the way it is.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

There may indeed be a way to do this without using a LR +1 that I am not sure of.
    Last edited by KahaNZL; 11-12-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: removed unneeded statement

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    That kind of goes against the flavor of having an Iconic. Then it's just another race like any other. I think it should stay just the way it is.
    Goes against the flavor of wanting to make money off of LR sales. Arbitrary game mechanic is arbitrary. Since it is basically a race like any other, they should allow the TR to be whatever someone wants, and force the non TR version to be one level of the original intended class.

More people will play iconics if they arent getting skeezed for cash each time they want to play one without the one level of undesired flavor class barrier in place.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    What does it say when the player base is afraid to use a new feature due to anticipated bugs? In theory all these features have been fully play-tested. In theory.
    Yep. Its cute how many posts end up on the forum after each update that adds new mechanics where everyone wants someone else to go first to make sure it works.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

You're arguing against something that's been standard since Bladeforged was introduced.

You have a way around it introduced with U20. Deal with it and move on.

Community Member

Default With Turbine, nothing is written in stone.

It true that had they were originally designed but statement was why can't they be selected as just a race and not the race/class combo. True there is a "work around" but I still see it as choosing Race, then class.
    Another point is why is the enhancement page spilt by BF race enhancement , then Pally enh. and any other splits you chose, why not have BF/Pally in the same tree ?
    Whatever I like Chai response anyways

someone jump in the water first ploize to check for temp, submerged rocks, and crocs.......................ploize.

Just wanted to post back here with an update.

1. I was able to Epic TR and start again at 20.
    2. Then I did a Heroic TR and made a Bladeforged 14sorc/1pally.
    3. Then I used a Lesser TR to make the Bladeforged 12sorc/2fvs.

Man, that was a pain doing the leveling process 3 times. But everything worked out.
    Dorian