Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cov are btc

Community Member

Default Cov are btc

I feel like some one should post on this so i will. Making coms btc is going to really really hurt pugs. How you ask. It will make it so people are less willing to alt to heals since they need so many for the new hearts. I know the fanbois will come out and shout me down what ever some one needs to say this. Devs you are hurting your game in more ways then you realize and your doing it for a obvious cash grab.

Not a fanbois, but I don't see any issues with Comms btc. As of right now those Comms are just for the new pots and EHoW. In a few months we probably will start seeing players posting how they have too many, starting to take random junk loot and asking for more things to spend Comms on.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2fire View Post
    I feel like some one should post on this so i will. Making coms btc is going to really really hurt pugs. How you ask. It will make it so people are less willing to alt to heals since they need so many for the new hearts. I know the fanbois will come out and shout me down what ever some one needs to say this. Devs you are hurting your game in more ways then you realize and your doing it for a obvious cash grab.
    Hearts are not btc, only covs are. There were plenty of lama post about this and reason why they did it the way it is on live.
    Member of Mythical

Community Member

I read those post the thing is 4k for one heart means that one toon has to earn 4k of the things. It means you cant alt if you want to get them at all quickly. Its a clear money grab they are forcing me to play one toon if i want to use the news system and it puts a bad taste in my mouth. And i love how people say wait for them to finish the system....when was the last time turbine finished any system.

Community Member

Every thing i have said is in response to what others have said so try again with the cheap line. The sheer cost of the ehow makes the btc thing a big deal and i assure you i am not the only one that feels this way.

Community Member

I feel like some one should post on this so i will. Making coms btc is going to really really hurt pugs. How you ask. It will make it so people are less willing to alt to heals since they need so many for the new hearts.
    The smart players will play nothing but healers. They will always be able to easily find groups and when they get enough comms they can just give the heart to their main character. There are always ways around any problem, but feel free to keep focusing on the worst possible scenario.

Not to mention, if you keep playing the way you always have (switching characters whenever you feel like it) you will eventually get enough comms on every character to get a BtA heart. Play the way you enjoy and it will all work out in the end (or just keep being upset if that makes you happier).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Every thing i have said is in response to what others have said so try again with the cheap line. The sheer cost of the ehow makes the btc thing a big deal and i assure you i am not the only one that feels this way.
    You are not the only one, however you are in the minority. It was a concession on our part to have it this way. If we didn't want the old system were it was tied to sagas, they had to come up with something different. This allowed it to not be something you "quickly and easily" obtain, but something that has to be worked for, the way TR used to be before they got rid of timers and added ED. It is not a cash grab, if it was, they would have stuck with the saga end rewards.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

My plan is to ignore the new system and just keep tring. Witch is mostly what i have been doing for years.

i'm not a fanboi and I disagree with you.

The reasons they stated were that more things will become available for purchase with COV and rather than make yet another ingredient later if they were all bta this way keeping the rewards bta and the Cov btc is far superior imo.

If in the next couple updates they don't add anything else to use them on then you may have a point but until then just run some quests it's only painful the first time when you already have capped chars the other times you will just gain them as you level anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

i think this is a long term vs short term thing. short term many chars are well into the epic levels, and thus they will have to grind to get the heart after they cap out. that as always sucks and BtA would indeed help mitigate it as you could at least mix your playstyle up a bit while still working towards your main goal of getting one specific character ready to reincarnate.

long term i believe it is balanced so a character levelling from 20 to 28 will be able to earn a free BtA heart without having to do any extra grinding. this obviously is good as it means you can level any alt and by the time that alt hits lvl28 it will be ready to reincarnate. there is a catch, no end reward loot as you'd have to take the comms from each end reward.

there is also a bonus, if you have a char that you have no intention of reincarnating you can use the comms to buy other stuff. right here and now that is just a few pots, but the door has been left open for other stuff, vast and mysterious stuff that tempted the devs to go BtC instead of BtA. will it prove worthwhile? who knows!

now as for the store, obviously turbine stand to sell a rump load of hearts to all the existing high level characters that want to reincarnate. however long term they won't be able to tempt people to buy hearts to avoid the grind, they will only be tempting people to buy the hearts so they can vendor more ghostbane items (ok ok, that is hardly fair with the loot revamp aimed for U21, but i figured there was still some life left in that horse to flog it one last time ). so it is interesting to see they have chosen the path of least profit, well, unless the loot revamps give us some serious shinies to hoard!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lifespawn View Post
    i'm not a fanboi and I disagree with you.

The reasons they stated were that more things will become available for purchase with COV and rather than make yet another ingredient later if they were all bta this way keeping the rewards bta and the Cov btc is far superior imo.

If in the next couple updates they don't add anything else to use them on then you may have a point but until then just run some quests it's only painful the first time when you already have capped chars the other times you will just gain them as you level anyway.
    Thing is why should it be painful at all.....if i find your system painful you know what i do....i don't use it i play something else....its bad for business. I know no one on here cares what i do. But that does not change the forcing use to do this slowly is hurting the game. The most vauleable thing out there is time. I dont like things that waste my time in real life and really dont like things that are suppose to be entertainment wasting my time and i am sure i am not the only one.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I like them BTC, because this might add a useful way to spend them.

Its not important who grinds comms, as you need to take your gimped alt playing with you wished to aviod to cap anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Thing is why should it be painful at all.....if i find your system painful you know what i do....i don't use it i play something else....its bad for business. I know no one on here cares what i do. But that does not change the forcing use to do this slowly is hurting the game. The most vauleable thing out there is time. I dont like things that waste my time in real life and really dont like things that are suppose to be entertainment wasting my time and i am sure i am not the only one.
    i dont know where the pain is coming into this for you, besides any high lvl char who has already made significant progress into epic levels.

you can heroic reincarnate just as you could last update, farm enough tokens for a heart on any alt, hit lvl20 with your char then heroic reincarnate straight away, the devs have made it very clear that they understand us not wanting them to mess with that system.

now you can also epic reincarnate at lvl28. you have to hit lvl28 though, you can't do it at 26. so, by the time you have hit lvl28 you are expected to have gathered enough of these new BtC comms to buy your epic heart. so where is the pain? you have to hit lvl28 anyway, and when you do you will have enough bits. you don't need to grind after hitting lvl28.

you said you have been busy TRing, so i assume this means you only have lvl1-20 chars and no lvl28's. so that first time pain doesn't apply to you, it only applies to the gamers that have lvl28 chars (or high 20's). you're in a sweet spot right now to take advantage of the new system as it was intended, to continue past lvl20 to 28 and in the process earn the right to reincarnate with no extra grind. so relax, you got lucky on this change!

oh one more thing, when you epic reincarnate you also get a free LR built in, then after the LR you can if you want do a heroic reincarnation to go back to lvl1 with both normal past life and the new epic past life. your end game just got a lot more flexible
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    i dont know where the pain is coming into this for you, besides any high lvl char who has already made significant progress into epic levels.

you can heroic reincarnate just as you could last update, farm enough tokens for a heart on any alt, hit lvl20 with your char then heroic reincarnate straight away, the devs have made it very clear that they understand us not wanting them to mess with that system.

now you can also epic reincarnate at lvl28. you have to hit lvl28 though, you can't do it at 26. so, by the time you have hit lvl28 you are expected to have gathered enough of these new BtC comms to buy your epic heart. so where is the pain? you have to hit lvl28 anyway, and when you do you will have enough bits. you don't need to grind after hitting lvl28.

you said you have been busy TRing, so i assume this means you only have lvl1-20 chars and no lvl28's. so that first time pain doesn't apply to you, it only applies to the gamers that have lvl28 chars (or high 20's). you're in a sweet spot right now to take advantage of the new system as it was intended, to continue past lvl20 to 28 and in the process earn the right to reincarnate with no extra grind. so relax, you got lucky on this change!

oh one more thing, when you epic reincarnate you also get a free LR built in, then after the LR you can if you want do a heroic reincarnation to go back to lvl1 with both normal past life and the new epic past life. your end game just got a lot more flexible
    I have 2 toons that i mainly play one is always being tred the other stays at cap. My capped toon now has to grind up 4000 coms to be able to use this new system. Not only that but i can not farm just the fast quest i have to branch out. And i cant run stuff on a alt to get the coms faster since they are btc. This will be slow in fact slow enough that it makes me want to say skip it to the whole thing.

Community Member

I have 2 toons that i mainly play one is always being tred the other stays at cap. My capped toon now has to grind up 4000 coms to be able to use this new system. Not only that but i can not farm just the fast quest i have to branch out. And i cant run stuff on a alt to get the coms faster since they are btc. This will be slow in fact slow enough that it makes me want to say skip it to the whole thing.
    ahh yes, then that capped alt is going to feel the full pain of the grind. but then if you do use the new system your capped alt won't be capped anymore, it will be at lvl20. granted that is quite different from being heroic as a lvl20 with great destinies can do a lot of epic content.

consider this though, the initial proposal was to delete all of your epic destiny exp, all of it, from every destiny. that got canned after player protest. the next idea was to require you to farm 2500 comms from saga rewards for a heroic reincarnation, all BtC. so your TRing alt would have had to hit the mid 20's before being able to reincarnate again. that got canned after player protest and heroic reincarnation is being left alone.

so what we have now is the new epic reincarnation where you are expected to work from lvl20 to 28 and earn your reincarnation. that is better than the original TR where you had to hit lvl20 then earn the tokens first time round, with a 1 day timer on every quest. so now we have a new system where there is an effective 1 day timer on every quest, but you don't have to farm at cap anymore on a new character. it is the equivalent of earning a TR on the way back to lvl20 without ever having to grind out epic tokens.

so it really isn't a bad system moving forwards, not compared to what we have had and what we could have had. it just sucks monkey spherical objects for characters that are already at cap. when stuck at cap you have to do 8 epic levels worth of questing just to get the comms. yes, that really does suck and giving you the kama portion at least means you won't have to do all that grind in an off destiny. but it is a once off for any capped character. heh, might even be faster to favour farm to get the TP to buy the heart, someone needs to run the maths on that

Community Member

I play more toons, but I'm at the same situation, mostly.

I have 3 fun toons at 28, waiting to ER. I won't be gathering the comms with them, because the exp would go to waste (maxed karma already), and the amount of farming is ridiculous (15 tokens from EH VoN3, 4200 tokens for a heart, no thanks).

I have another 3 toons at 20-23. But, they are not that fun to play at epics, hence they haven't been touched for a while. Now, I would get the exp but as playing is less fun, being forced to play only _one_ those less fun toons is not going to happen. There's a reason they were left close to 20, they aren't as fun in epics as they were in heroics, or alternatively the class has suffered since leveling (the bard: I'm looking at you). Now they're really there waiting for a new silly TR-idea I want to try. So, they're out.

I have several alt/TR projects too, but zero ED exp on those, so staying in one sphere for 6m (after reaching 20) sounds cumbersome. One of them might end up being fun enough in epics that I'll gather the tokens, but odds of me wanting to play only on one of my silly TR tests for a full 20-28 range without touching other toons is ridiculous.

I just did a full VoN tier, VoN 1-6 all on EH. That netted me a nifty 84 commendations. Lets round it to an even hundred, and it just takes 1.5 months to get a single heart on a single toon. Spread that evenly across my 4 active epic toons and add 1-2 for the inactives, and we're approaching one year of farming before I'll get my first ER. Sure, by then I'll be able to do 4-6 straight away, but the goal seems so distant I'm really not prepared to even start.

Another retire seems pretty damn close. And honestly, I kind of doubt the game will survive another 1-2 year break for me. I'll wait to see if the situation improves, but for now it really doesn't look good. Which is a shame. U20 fixed lots of silly abuses, the TR system itself is nice, just sucks that getting the reinc heart is a (much) bigger hurdle than getting the exp for reinc. It wouldn't be nearly this bad if the epic reinc hadn't been advertised beforehand for such a long time, making me stick to epic levels for as long as I have (actually reaching 28 etc).

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

You need heals???
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    You need heals???
    yus!!! jheal me ploize!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    I play more toons, but I'm at the same situation, mostly.

I have 3 fun toons at 28, waiting to ER. I won't be gathering the comms with them, because the exp would go to waste (maxed karma already), and the amount of farming is ridiculous (15 tokens from EH VoN3, 4200 tokens for a heart, no thanks).

I have another 3 toons at 20-23. But, they are not that fun to play at epics, hence they haven't been touched for a while. Now, I would get the exp but as playing is less fun, being forced to play only _one_ those less fun toons is not going to happen. There's a reason they were left close to 20, they aren't as fun in epics as they were in heroics, or alternatively the class has suffered since leveling (the bard: I'm looking at you). Now they're really there waiting for a new silly TR-idea I want to try. So, they're out.

I have several alt/TR projects too, but zero ED exp on those, so staying in one sphere for 6m (after reaching 20) sounds cumbersome. One of them might end up being fun enough in epics that I'll gather the tokens, but odds of me wanting to play only on one of my silly TR tests for a full 20-28 range without touching other toons is ridiculous.

I just did a full VoN tier, VoN 1-6 all on EH. That netted me a nifty 84 commendations. Lets round it to an even hundred, and it just takes 1.5 months to get a single heart on a single toon. Spread that evenly across my 4 active epic toons and add 1-2 for the inactives, and we're approaching one year of farming before I'll get my first ER. Sure, by then I'll be able to do 4-6 straight away, but the goal seems so distant I'm really not prepared to even start.

Another retire seems pretty damn close. And honestly, I kind of doubt the game will survive another 1-2 year break for me. I'll wait to see if the situation improves, but for now it really doesn't look good. Which is a shame. U20 fixed lots of silly abuses, the TR system itself is nice, just sucks that getting the reinc heart is a (much) bigger hurdle than getting the exp for reinc. It wouldn't be nearly this bad if the epic reinc hadn't been advertised beforehand for such a long time, making me stick to epic levels for as long as I have (actually reaching 28 etc).
    Run stuff higher level than von. von ins't that good. And Phiarlian and Denith are useless.
    Comm rates should be doubled, and more than doubled on EE. EE should be worth 4-5 times the comms, because the quests take much longer, are much more difficult, and can actually fail. (especially because the system encourages off destiny levelling, which means characters are not as good as they could be).

Community Member

I read those post the thing is 4k for one heart means that one toon has to earn 4k of the things. It means you cant alt if you want to get them at all quickly. Its a clear money grab they are forcing me to play one toon if i want to use the news system and it puts a bad taste in my mouth. And i love how people say wait for them to finish the system....when was the last time turbine finished any system.
    myddo was finished xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast