Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default So we lost the orginal Lesser?

Years back they granted a lesser to each character it carried over with TR and there was no heart with this. You just talked to Kruz and if you had not used it there was an option to do it for free. I horded mine for a rainy day. However the new life-shaper seems to have no knowledge of this and offers no such option.

Was this overlooked or removed in the update? I got my new lesser hear sure and thats great but I really saved the original one for a reason and am dismayed it seems to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusV View Post
    Years back they granted a lesser to each character it carried over with TR and there was no heart with this. You just talked to Kruz and if you had not used it there was an option to do it for free. I horded mine for a rainy day. However the new life-shaper seems to have no knowledge of this and offers no such option.

Was this overlooked or removed in the update? I got my new lesser hear sure and thats great but I really saved the original one for a reason and am dismayed it seems to be gone.
    Last year, and no, you didn't really lose it. It is just now in the form of a heart instead.

Now, granted, everyone got that heart, even if they used their free lesser before...but I don't think there was a way around it.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Last year, and no, you didn't really lose it. It is just now in the form of a heart instead.

Now, granted, everyone got that heart, even if they used their free lesser before...but I don't think there was a way around it.
    I don't know what you're talking about. If you mean the +20 Heart, that was granted with the Enhancement pass and did not replace the free LR. If people no longer have the option of the free LR, that is a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. If you mean the +20 Heart, that was granted with the Enhancement pass and did not replace the free LR. If people no longer have the option of the free LR, that is a nerf.
    As far as i know(havent logged yet) they gave a free lr+0 to everyone.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    No, I'm talking about the free LR that every toon got with MotU. Then, with Shadowfell, we all got the +20 LR as well. If you hadn't used either, than yesterday you had a LR+20 in your inventory (or bank, whatever) and a free LR at Kruz. Today, you have a +20 LR in your inventory (or bank) and a +0 LR in your inventory.

If You DID use one (or both) of hte free options, then yesterday you had no free LR at Kruz, and no LR+20. Today, you have a LR+0 in your inventory.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

In other words, no one has lost anything. Some people did gain something if they took advantage of the previous free LR, but if you haven't, then you didn't gain, but you didn't lose either. You are in the same spot you were before minus on inventory slot.

Leader of The Dark Creed

In other words, no one has lost anything.
    If we change the word "other" to be synonymous with "wrong", then...yes.

You had an LR from MotU. If Turbine had done it properly, then now you'd have an LR from MotU and a +0 Lesser Heart from U20.

Instead you now just have a +0 Lesser Heart from U20.

Yesterday you had something. Today you don't. If someone stole my car yesterday and today someone else gave me a car, having a new car doesn't change the fact that my first car was stolen. If it hadn't been stolen, now I'd have 2 cars.

There's no universe in which that isn't considered to have lost something.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

The previous LR wouldn't work at the new trainer due to the reincarnation overhaul. If you have a car and it doesn't work, and someone replaces it, then no, you haven't lost anything. No one "stole" anything from you.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    If we change the word "other" to be synonymous with "wrong", then...yes.

You had an LR from MotU. If Turbine had done it properly, then now you'd have an LR from MotU and a +0 Lesser Heart from U20.

Instead you now just have a +0 Lesser Heart from U20.

Yesterday you had something. Today you don't. If someone stole my car yesterday and today someone else gave me a car, having a new car doesn't change the fact that my first car was stolen. If it hadn't been stolen, now I'd have 2 cars.

There's no universe in which that isn't considered to have lost something.
    its more like "not gained anything" than "lost something"
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

The only problem I have with this change is that it takes away a bank slot when I have to store this. As if my TRs didn't have enough problems with space already.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

No, I'm talking about the free LR that every toon got with MotU. Then, with Shadowfell, we all got the +20 LR as well. If you hadn't used either, than yesterday you had a LR+20 in your inventory (or bank, whatever) and a free LR at Kruz. Today, you have a +20 LR in your inventory (or bank) and a +0 LR in your inventory.

If You DID use one (or both) of hte free options, then yesterday you had no free LR at Kruz, and no LR+20. Today, you have a LR+0 in your inventory.
    Not true at all. I had my LR+20 in the bank this morning before the update and now it's gone. Checked right after the update went live.
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

Quote Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
    Not true at all. I had my LR+20 in the bank this morning before the update and now it's gone. Checked right after the update went live.
    Then you need to submit a bug report. All of my toons that had one still have it. Same goes for others in my guild.

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Several of my toons still have their LR+20s. They are in the bank right next to the LR+0s.

I tend to triple class a lot, and the sad reality is that the LR system is so messed up for triple class toon that even a LR+20 wasn't worth much.

This is an entirely separate issue from the OP's complaint, and one you should follow up on via the proper channels. afaik, nobody was supposed to loose their +20 lessers, we're just supposed to gain a +0 lesser.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

If you have a car and it doesn't work, and someone replaces it, then no, you haven't lost anything. No one "stole" anything from you.
    An analogy that only succeeds if the reason my car stopped working is because the physical laws of the universe were altered....by the person who "replaced" my car.

I can't think of a reason why the LR from Kruz could not be carried over to the new person. It should be tied to your character, after all. It persisted through TRs previously.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

If you hadn't used either, than yesterday you had a LR+20 in your inventory (or bank, whatever) and a free LR at Kruz.
    Kruz is gone, so you couldn't have a free one with Kruz after U20 anyway. To handle this, they converted the free one with Kruz into a physical LR+0 heart, which is the same thing. And less confusing. Plus they gave it to everyone.

Nobody lost anything, at least not in a non-bug way. It wasn't taken away, it was converted to a different form. Think of it like 100 gold pieces being converted to 10 plat. You don't lose the gold.

Community Member

the only thing we lost was one bank or inventory slot. the old free LR token was converted to the new system, and turbine decided to be generous and give every character both now and in the future a free LR token. this benefits any new alts you roll up, as well as new player who are bound to make some build mistakes. it also means less profit for turbine who were probably doing good business selling LR hearts to newbies who made inevitable mistakes.

now loosing a LR20 heart, as mentioned that is quite different.

in other news it's a survival bonus not a death penalty
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Kruz is gone, so you couldn't have a free one with Kruz after U20 anyway. To handle this, they converted the free one with Kruz into a physical LR+0 heart, which is the same thing. And less confusing. Plus they gave it to everyone.
    This is essentially correct and the intent.

Community Member

If you have a subset of the players that were able to take advantage (used it pre U20) of a free lesser and then again with +0 heart and you have another subset that only get the +0 heart but who as of yesterday had a free lesser as well... then they lost it.

I guess its a matter of perception, but the bottom line is some people are getting 2 free LR (not counting the +20) and others only get 1 because they chose to save theirs for when they really needed it. Had i at least been told in the test notes i would have made use of it on at least 2 of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusV View Post
    Had i at least been told in the test notes i would have made use of it on at least 2 of my characters.
    The lama notes said Kruz was gone for the past several weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast