Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Doubleshot = completely worthless now along with all it's feats ......Steelstar

Sorry for the name drop , But i always assumed you were a systems designer . Anyway this ability is worth nothing now !!

As you can see here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...pplied-to-10k-!!!

Anyway if it is not your thing then please pass this info on to the person responsible ?

Thanks sincerely, from a ranger living in poverty !!!

Community Member

Default my bad for the caps !!!!

/Signed.

Yest again Turbine is telling you the only right way to play this game is to be a monk. High Double-shot % was the only way for a pure/mostly ranger to be COMPETITIVE (it wasn't better) than a 10k Stars build.

Monks have more than enough pay2win advantages, you don't need to nerf non-monk archers.

Can you break down exactly what the issue is. Pretend people don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Can you break down exactly what the issue is. Pretend people don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Pretend? I really have no clue.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    UMM i posted a link to my previous rant !! which breaks down the bs thats called doubleshot !!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    Pretend? I really have no clue.
    As far as I understand it that whilst double shot not only doesn't apply when using manyshot it also doesn't apply for a given time after you use manyshot as well. SO basically for a substantial part of the time when using a bow you basically get no benefit from double shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    As far as I understand it that whilst double shot not only doesn't apply when using manyshot it also doesn't apply for a given time after you use manyshot as well. SO basically for a substantial part of the time when using a bow you basically get no benefit from double shot.
    And I believe its the same with 10k stars so basically as the OP said, double shot is useless. At the most it should be no double shot when many shot or 10k stars is active but that's it. Really stupid to have such a penalty. Extremely dumb actually.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

It's sad when they could just fix the "issue" buy allowing x2 shot whenever you aren't using the burst abilities and just making 10k stars work only with ... wait for it ... thowing stars/weapons.

Then you would have a burst ability for each type of missile weapon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    It's sad when they could just fix the "issue" buy allowing x2 shot whenever you aren't using the burst abilities and just making 10k stars work only with ... wait for it ... thowing stars/weapons.

That makes sense. It certainly isn't called 10k arrows. Also, I am a "monkcher" without manyshot. I am perfectly happy with my stars and my occasional 10k shots.

What game are you playing? Don't you know Turbine loves them some Pay2Win monks so much that they have to give them every ridiculous ability possible to make sure every best possible character option has some monk in it?

They will never nerf 10k stars. When the archer nerfs eventually come into this game Turbine will nerfed something else and not the monk-portion that made everything broken in the first place.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    UMM i posted a link to my previous rant !! which breaks down the bs thats called doubleshot !!!
    Calm down, since when is a link to a rant proof of anything? I can't make heads or tails of what testing you did or didn't do. I think you did some in the link but it's hard to tell; maybe it got obscured by rage powered flecks of spittle LOL

A few weeks ago someone posted tests showing that the supposed -100% double shot wasn't working EVEN DURING MANYSHOT/10K and was also not working during the cooldown. Yes you read that right, you were getting full doubleshots DURING either MS or 10k as well as during the cool off period it wasn't supposed to proc during. Without coherent testing who knows hows its working now.

The only thing I see in the release notes is a note about the icon for this debuff now showing in the buff bar. Granted "find" might not have found some other mention of it.

Lastly please keep in mind that there are other ranged builds that can use Double shot that can not access or use either Many Shot or 10k Stars. So the statement "now worthless" is just a tad bit exaggerated I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Doubleshot is a great bonus. For anyone who does not have manyshot or 10kStars and who uses a bow full time instead of melee weapons.

In other words, for no one.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

I would not be in favor of that at all. My halfling thrower build would be crippled by that change.

Now, as long as they also had it work with thrown halflings, then I'd be satisfied.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I totally agree... 10 K Stars should never have been made to work with bows.

This whole Moncher fad is stupid.

But now... well... now people would get upset with a nerf. (rightfully so, but I have not made one out of spite)

IMO, Rangers are still super weak... and need a buff.
    (although, I am still for buffing ranged combat for everyone... since it is still useless unless you specialize in it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Doubleshot is a great bonus. For anyone who does not have manyshot or 10kStars and who uses a bow full time instead of melee weapons.

In other words, for no one.
    *ahem* Doubleshot works for more than bows.
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I would not be in favor of that at all. My halfling thrower build would be crippled by that change.

Now, as long as they also had it work with thrown halflings, then I'd be satisfied.
    You'll just fire your halflings out of a bow like everyone else.

*ahem* Doubleshot works for more than bows.
    But everything that isn't a bow or a repeating Artificer is horribly gimped. Unless they use the Halfling throwing exploit (thankfully Turbine did not take that away in U20, but I'm sure it will be gone eventually).
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Yeah, I feel your pain. Now, thanks to changes in the monk adjunct class PRE (formerly known as Kensei) I get to see monk builds running around centered while holding an eSoS.

Yeah I'm bitter.

And yes I own monk too. I just don't want to play a game that's all about monks.

Oh well, ****ing in the wind I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Dude did you read what I posted. Halflings ARE throwing weapons so it would still work fine. You can also slot them in Yellow Slots for a -1 loot "bonus" and a +40% plat buff. Also, like Poekmon's, if you combine them with 10 tasty hams you "evolve" one into a Dwarf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast