Community Member

Default Wizard pastlife question

I know the "passive" past life feat stacks up to 3 times, but my question is does the actual feat you can take do the same? Or is it just a +1 DC no matter how many wizard lives you have?

This next question isn't spellcaster related, but was just wondering if someone could answer this. So say you wanted a epic feat, we'll use OC as a example. This requires 23 base str, so say I started out at 16 str and had a +5 tome, that would be 21. If you take the completionist feat does that count for the remaining 2 needed? I thought ability feats counted towards the base, so in theory it should work. I just don't remember since it has been a long time since I have played. Thank you. Sorry about misspelling or poor grammar, my phone hates me.

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ClubbinSeals View Post
    I know the "passive" past life feat stacks up to 3 times, but my question is does the actual feat you can take do the same? Or is it just a +1 DC no matter how many wizard lives you have?
    You can only take the active feat once (ie only +1 DC).

This next question isn't spellcaster related, but was just wondering if someone could answer this. So say you wanted a epic feat, we'll use OC as a example. This requires 23 base str, so say I started out at 16 str and had a +5 tome, that would be 21. If you take the completionist feat does that count for the remaining 2 needed? I thought ability feats counted towards the base, so in theory it should work. I just don't remember since it has been a long time since I have played. Thank you. Sorry about misspelling or poor grammar, my phone hates me.
    No, only Base + Tome + level-ups count

Community Member

Ahh... Okay. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    Not even the Great Ability epic feats?

Community Member

Edit to remove double post. Stupid phone...
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    In game: Unshriven, Unbidden, Unsated, and Unfazed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    You can only take the active feat once (ie only +1 DC).

Are you sure Andoris? We know enhancements don't contribute but the completionist bonus may be more akin to a level up bonus. Pretty sure the +2 int gives you more skill points for example (but not 100% sure of that).
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    In game: Unshriven, Unbidden, Unsated, and Unfazed.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Not even the Great Ability epic feats?
    correct

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Devachan View Post
    Are you sure Andoris? We know enhancements don't contribute but the completionist bonus may be more akin to a level up bonus. Pretty sure the +2 int gives you more skill points for example (but not 100% sure of that).
    I don't personally have a completionist to test with, however; when talking with the completionists that I regularly play with, they assure me that the completionist feat doesn't qualify you for other feats.

If you have a completionist laying around and can test let me know.