Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yay! A bard fix in U20!

-Bard Warchanter:

-Fixed typo in tooltip for Words of Encouragement.

Hey, it's something!

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

ok so when they plan on fixing song of the dead and song of the makers. that's been broken since u19 first came out and not a single mention of it in any known issues. i know i have submitted several bug reports about it

call me when they fix song of capering.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Community Member

Same here with the songs, still waiting for a fix. Would be nice if it was at least mentioned as a known problem, but then again its just Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    -Bard Warchanter:

-Fixed typo in tooltip for Words of Encouragement.

Hey, it's something!
    More (and certainly more substantial) Bard fixes are coming in the next few patches, including reducing the play time for Song of Capering.

As for Music of the Sewers/Dead/Makers, we just took a look and they seem to be working at this time. If you continue to have issues with those three abilities after today's patch, please let us know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    More (and certainly more substantial) Bard fixes are coming in the next few patches, including reducing the play time for Song of Capering.

As for Music of the Sewers/Dead/Makers, we just took a look and they seem to be working at this time. If you continue to have issues with those three abilities after today's patch, please let us know.

Thanks!
    Will you be fixing the duration of inspire recklessness? It is not being affected by increases to song duration. This has been a problem since enhancement change, but reported multiple times, but not in known issues as far as I've seen.

Also, will you be fixing the wand mastery pre-requisite for scroll mastery? FoS had mentioned those were going to be combined, but they never were. I brought this up again last patch, and he said they were still working on this.
    Last edited by Chette; 11-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    ~ Cheara : Raizertron : Pozitron : Higgz Bowtron : Illudium : Staphe Infection : Abraa Capocus ~
    Nooby McNoobsalot
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Thanks!
    Thanks for this heads up. I'm not much of a complainer (I leave that to those here far more talented) but the Bard issues have really been cheesing me off. Glad to know you're paying attention to them. I miss my favorite class!!!

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Thanks!
    Anyone know if the bug of not getting the extra bard songs is fixed? (or on the list to get fixed?)

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Thanks!
    Hi, thanks for the update and giving us some hope.

Default What are you thinking

Thanks!
    You make Casters more powerful by now having their weapons cast spells??? Bards/fighters still do very little damage compared to them you want fighters to take the beating and hope to survive while casters brag about hitting the bosses for 5000 + damage. its a wonder we can hold agro at all.

My Bard has pretty much no offensive spells and the ones he has does little damage (Greater Shout is about it). His Epic Destiny tree even has a spell power bonus to spells he doesn't have in his spell tree (Echoes of the Ancestors (+9 spell power to acid, cold, electric and firespells)) I looked and looked and looked but BARDS don't have acid, cold, electric and firespells........sheesh you got to do better than this

Default Partial Fix to # of Bard Songs

I just checked.

My Lvl 7 Bard.

I "Reset all Enhancements"

I added 3 levels of Musical Studies under Spellsinger. No increase. I went into the bar to see if the bar would pop them, no luck. I played a song, the next pop put it back to 7.

I reset again, and went back to the trainer, and put 3 levels in Poetic Edda under Warchanter and YES! Now I have 10 songs.

So, we have a 'partial' fix.

Thanks for at least something, so now the bard is playable, even though I put points where I didn't want to

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Anyone know if the bug of not getting the extra bard songs is fixed? (or on the list to get fixed?)

Quote Originally Posted by LordDunmore View Post
    I reset again, and went back to the trainer, and put 3 levels in Poetic Edda under Warchanter and YES! Now I have 10 songs.

Poetic Edda has always worked as far as I've known.

Howl of the North needs looked at, the toggle stays on, but the buff goes away on relog, death, quest entry, and shrining. To get the buff back you need to deactive then reactivate the toggle. This is especially annoying on logins because it shares a cooldown with the Gathering Cold toggle. If you forget to activate Gathering Cold ahead of time, you need to wait for 30 seconds after activating Gathering Cold before you can activate Howl of the North.

Community Member

Thanks!

Well unless there is something you need to do to get it to work the songs are still broken.

(Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Undead.
    (Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Ooze.
    (Combat): you hit Error! Name_Property missing with Mesmerize Constructs.

It's pretty easy to test in the Orchard just jump off and grab a fleshgolem and zombie together and Facinate doesn't stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Volarr View Post
    You make Casters more powerful by now having their weapons cast spells??? Bards/fighters still do very little damage compared to them you want fighters to take the beating and hope to survive while casters brag about hitting the bosses for 5000 + damage. its a wonder we can hold agro at all.

My Bard has pretty much no offensive spells and the ones he has does little damage (Greater Shout is about it). His Epic Destiny tree even has a spell power bonus to spells he doesn't have in his spell tree (Echoes of the Ancestors (+9 spell power to acid, cold, electric and firespells)) I looked and looked and looked but BARDS don't have acid, cold, electric and firespells........sheesh you got to do better than this
    Baby steps.
    Last edited by AzB; 11-12-2013 at 03:19 PM.

I just checked.

My Lvl 7 Bard.

I added 3 levels of Musical Studies under Spellsinger. No increase. I went into the bar to see if the bar would pop them, no luck. I played a song, the next pop put it back to 7.

Thanks for at least something, so now the bard is playable, even though I put points where I didn't want to
    Partial - this certainly didn't work for me.

1 level of bard, one PL bard. Skaldic Rage shows 2 uses (also Inspire Courage). Put points into musical studies, regardless of the hijinks I do raging, singing, etc. I still max at 2 (and should be 5).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Flicker: With the stealth changes, mobs adjacent to you still detect you while invisible. The guard lasts 6 seconds. If a mob is close enough to hit you and make you turn invisible, it still sees you. So this enhancement does not enhance game play at all. It is literally, without hyperbole, pragmatically useless. It is also nonsensical. Blur is 20% concealment. Displacement is 50% concealment. But this invisibility guard confers no defensive benefits.

Drawbacks: Bards have limited weapon selection, lower spell selection, lower max caster level, lower hitdice, 3/4 bab, Multiple Attribute Dependent, the only arcane class to not be autogranted echoes of power, ASF penalties. Do their enhancements really need drawbacks to them too? If every bard enhancement is "Two steps forward, one step back", while every other class's enhancement are "two long strides forward", bards just get further left in the dust. Might we please get a philosophy change? If you insist that Bards are by far too OP to not have these drawbacks, can you change the structure of enhancements so 1 point is full benefit and full draw back, and successive points diminish the drawbacks. i.e. Change Inspire Recklessness from [2/4/6]% doublestrike, -10% fort to 6% Doublestrike, [-10/-5/-0]% fort.

It's rather amusing that Glin mentioned in the DDO Cast a couple of weeks back that there won't be an Iconic Bard because they suck so bad.

My Warchanter TR'd and is level 9, and I can't find enough enhancements in the tree that I want to spend points on to meet the prerequisites to take the tier 5s.
    Guess she'll be parked for a long while.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the update. The previous way Song of Capering worked was one of the few things that made a Bard very useful in EE content. With the current length of time it take to play, I TR'd one of my Bards into an Arti. I still have another level capped bard hoping to be useful once again.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Flicker: With the stealth changes, mobs adjacent to you still detect you while invisible. The guard lasts 6 seconds. If a mob is close enough to hit you and make you turn invisible, it still sees you. So this enhancement does not enhance game play at all. It is literally, without hyperbole, pragmatically useless. It is also nonsensical. Blur is 20% concealment. Displacement is 50% concealment. But this invisibility guard confers no defensive benefits.
    Those stealth changes that allow a fighter (spot and listen as a non class skill) type mob to see a stealthed 90+ hide and move silently rogue are one of the worst "improvements" they have come up with.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

If you insist that Bards are by far too OP to not have these drawbacks,
    Clearly, bards are available for the most über players to give them a challenge. If the devs were to remove the drawbacks and give bards some real video game abilities, it would take away the challenge.

If you want easy, play a monk. They can heal, run faster than anything else, rez people, insta kill, evasion, cc, and even cast slas now. They are clearly the easy button. Look at how many ridiculous builds there are out there that are saved by splashing monk levels. And you wonder why you can't splash monk on a bard?

It's rather amusing that Glin mentioned in the DDO Cast a couple of weeks back that there won't be an Iconic Bard because they suck so bad.
    I honestly think that the devs are completely baffled about what to do about bards.

It's very simple; this is not DnD. It's a video game. Monks are a perfect class for a video game, (and if you've ever played one in PnP they have some serious drawbacks) and bards have almost no function in a video game...

You need to rethink bard. An iconic would be a perfect chance to redefine what a bard is. To leave behind the idea of a guitar toting hippy sidekick and make something with some teeth.

Community Member

I just checked.

My Lvl 7 Bard.

The extra songs in the Warchanter tree worked before. The extra songs in the Spellsinger tree did not ... and sounds like it still doesn't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast