Default most damaging weapons/staffs?

What weapons would one use for the most damage?

IE Epic Sword of Shadows has about a 35 damage rating,
    What is the best handwrap? and staff?

What spell deals the most damage per second and what staff can back that up?

I am trying to make a dps comparison, but weapons influence damage quite a bit.

Community Member

Staff of the seer with acrobat (or henshin) T5 ability and imp crit becomes 15-20 x3
    use shillelagh on it and it becomes 2.5[2d6]
    Currently using it to get my druid PL, just insane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    What weapons would one use for the most damage?

IE Epic Sword of Shadows has about a 35 damage rating,
    What is the best handwrap? and staff?

What spell deals the most damage per second and what staff can back that up?

I am trying to make a dps comparison, but weapons influence damage quite a bit.
    you wouldn't typically mix spell DPS with melee DPS as to excel in one normally means ignoring the other.

that said for a long time casters would use masters touch and a 2-handed weapon to help them get through the low levels. i expect this is less useful now with the new enhancements giving access to SLA's a lot earlier. even before the enhancement pass i found that trick wasn't worth it on a sorc (it had worked a treat on my wiz though), i think that was partly due to the sorcs better nukage powers and the new (at the time) echos of power that give you back 12 SP when you run dry

really though the advice needs to be tailored to what you are trying to achieve. as mentioned above things are different on a druid.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Thanks taverne,

Reaper, maybe you mis-understood, I am not asking for different disciplines on the same class. I am trying to figure out a way to compare class damage with eachother and the most logical way seems to compare damage per second with the best weapons out there, because weapons influence damage so much.

It's pretty complicated to get a clear view on dps differences between classes. The more I think about it the less realistic it seems to use this as a way to calculate damage output for each class. wether to account for critical hit chance, rendering enemies helpless, instakill options. (IE in practice a monk can do faster insta-kills then a barbarian).

Maybe I should make dps smaller and look purely at max. damage without a weapon and then calculate how much damage per second that produces for a general idea what kind of dps that class produces. Problem is that weapons do make a big difference and I think if you look at base damage as 100%, a fighter probably gets more percent extra damage out of a weapon then a sorcerer, that's my issue. I could however still account for weapons as a secondary dps stat and add a percentage "range" to it, showing approximately how much extra damage weapons give.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    Thanks taverne,

Reaper, maybe you mis-understood, I am not asking for different disciplines on the same class. I am trying to figure out a way to compare class damage with eachother and the most logical way seems to compare damage per second with the best weapons out there, because weapons influence damage so much.

It's pretty complicated to get a clear view on dps differences between classes. The more I think about it the less realistic it seems to use this as a way to calculate damage output for each class. wether to account for critical hit chance, rendering enemies helpless, instakill options. (IE in practice a monk can do faster insta-kills then a barbarian).

Maybe I should make dps smaller and look purely at max. damage without a weapon and then calculate how much damage per second that produces for a general idea what kind of dps that class produces. Problem is that weapons do make a big difference and I think if you look at base damage as 100%, a fighter probably gets more percent extra damage out of a weapon then a sorcerer, that's my issue. I could however still account for weapons as a secondary dps stat and add a percentage "range" to it, showing approximately how much extra damage weapons give.
    1) Currently thanks to the enhancement pass, the best DPS melee will be heavily split 8/6/6 or so.
    2) Archers I think still goes to Monchers 12/6/2
    3) Casters is Sorc.
    4) This is before you add in Epic Destinies. ED's simply mucky the waters up a lot.
    5) And if you want to add more mess to the formula, you have to figure out survivability because if you are dead you don't contribute.
    6) Then to make it more fun you need to examine content thanks to DR, agro and no agro, and Rangers Favored Enemies. Their was a post back from U7 or so (not sure exactly when) where someone had a 20+ bulleted list of DPS breakdowns for the most common builds at the time.

I wish you the best of luck. I have a guildy who is in the process of building an ultimate DPS build as they have become bored. Their still working out Min/Max on paper with weapons, ED's, and Enhancements.

thanks for the wishes,

the chart will by no means give information on how to become an ultimate fighter machine nor will it go into epics, it'll plainly show what disciplines a class is good at. things are complicated enough this way