Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gelack View Post
    You have a few things wrong. We're actually level 49. We dont have 11 members we have 3, we do have 11 toons. The guild leaders isn't a him. We didn't black list you, you "blacklisted" us and then tried to get your guildies to ban us. I declined you not because you think paladins can't dps, it was because you died in GoP, recalled and dropped. Then proceded to say that the whole group was a train wreck (we completed btw). Paladins can dps (a little). The worst "name" we called you was noob.
    I read all the messages Z sent you, she was alot more polite then I was and way more polite then you.

My toons are Tiagarit, Gelack, Flamingburst, Noethaw and Evory on khyber. Please anyone who is going to throw a tantrum like this guy over being declined from a von flagging, please please please squelch me and be done with it.

Good day sir.
    +1. This explanation has a lot more credability in my view over..

Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?

vague explanation, like two siblings fighting and one ran to the parents first so they could get their side of the story out so they didnt look as bad even though they were just as guilty if not more...

I sure wish DDO would amend the /squelch to cover accounts ... because when you /squelch you have an issue with the person (which means all their toons) not just the one specific toon.

Squelching a guild may be a bit much.. although... a /squelch guild option is not necesarially a bad thing...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-12-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Default eh

I can make a very high dps pally, nowadays its pretty easy. No longer feat starved, divine might adds to str for 2hw. Splash a couple levels and even higher dps.

Regardless tho, wether someone believes its possible or not, no reason to be a **** to people of differing opinions as long as they are respectful about it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gelack View Post
    You have a few things wrong. We're actually level 49. We dont have 11 members we have 3, we do have 11 toons. The guild leaders isn't a him. We didn't black list you, you "blacklisted" us and then tried to get your guildies to ban us. I declined you not because you think paladins can't dps, it was because you died in GoP, recalled and dropped. Then proceded to say that the whole group was a train wreck (we completed btw). Paladins can dps (a little). The worst "name" we called you was noob.
    I read all the messages Z sent you, she was alot more polite then I was and way more polite then you.

My toons are Tiagarit, Gelack, Flamingburst, Noethaw and Evory on khyber. Please anyone who is going to throw a tantrum like this guy over being declined from a von flagging, please please please squelch me and be done with it.

Good day sir.
    Why was i was declined for a von5/6 raid again?After i squelched you, you had your guild leader pm me.This is when the cursing and insults began.Why would i throw a tantrum over a raid i've already completed elite and hard?Now i become pitiless.I didn't even remember our little talk about your gimp dps pally,and i'm glad you declined after i seen your gimp wizzy, just save me some time for a failed quest.

I was asking if squelching your entire guild was the way to go, but it really doesn't matter, looks like all the smarter members already jumped ship.

Why was i was declined for a von5/6 raid again?After i squelched you, you had your guild leader pm me.This is when the cursing and insults began.Why would i throw a tantrum over a raid i've already completed elite and hard?Now i become pitiless.I didn't even remember our little talk about your gimp dps pally,and i'm glad you declined after i seen your gimp wizzy, just save me some time for a failed quest.

I was asking if squelching your entire guild was the way to go, but it really doesn't matter, looks like all the smarter members already jumped ship.

Yes, i believe you have it right now. He did, in fact have 11members in the guild and 8 of them quit because they found your squelching unbearable

Community Member

[QUOTE=Ryiah;5165162]Vorpal blades, outside of those rare few that are ML:8, are little more than vendor trash. You are far better off with green steel.

As for the subject of tanking, it really isn't necessary in any of DDO's content any more. Any player with sufficient survivability (HP, healing amp, damage mitigation) is sufficient at this stage in the game's life to be a "tank".

Rut Roh, another player that can solo EE spinners.Maybe you can solo CITW EE also.Don't let the date i joined the forums fool you, I have more than one toon with 5 past lives and more.Been playing this game for years.If you play Khyber you probably ran a quest with me before.

You think you know the story, all you know is what your told.

I stated my opinion of dps pally, and this dude proved it with 0 kills an 5 deaths in servants elite.Maybe i shouldn't have since he was the group leader.Just my thought based on my my defender pally that uses dual vorpal blades when not tanking.
    I'm doing a pally life on my main atm. Let's see if you can keep up then
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Personally I am of the opinion that a smaller guild is better than a larger one. It allows, or perhaps even forces, the members to run with each other on a regular basis and thus strengthen their sense of fellowship which greatly reduces the likely-hood that drama will have any meaningful impact on them. My own experiences with guilds, both small and large across numerous MMOs, seems to support this theory.

Rut Roh, another player that can solo EE spinners.Maybe you can solo CITW EE also.Don't let the date i joined the forums fool you, I have more than one toon with 5 past lives and more.Been playing this game for years.If you play Khyber you probably ran a quest with me before.
    I play MMOs for the community and thus have little interest in attempting to solo Epic Elite. If I did feel like making an attempt though it would be for a quest that still offers some measure of challenge. Given I died only once last night during EE What Goes Up I feel like that would be the quest to aim for. Not Spinners and certainly not Caught in the Web. Both quests are more about tedium than challenge.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 11-12-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

[QUOTE=TTHJR;5165249]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Vorpal blades, outside of those rare few that are ML:8, are little more than vendor trash. You are far better off with green steel.

As for the subject of tanking, it really isn't necessary in any of DDO's content any more. Any player with sufficient survivability (HP, healing amp, damage mitigation) is sufficient at this stage in the game's life to be a "tank".

One person told a complete story. One person came in spewing vaugeness. Guess which one gets believed. Here's a thought, don't start drama you aren't prepared to finish. You did this hoping he had no forum account. heck, you even changed a few details hoping he wouldn't know who you meant. You tried lying and being vague and got caught. This topic will get worse and worse for you. Just stop posting in it.

Or provide us with more popcorn.

Now that's funny.

So, you've gone from downing an entire guild because of a disagreement publicly to now claiming EE's can't be completed by non tanks? I think you need to make up your mind.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

[QUOTE=DrakHar;5165268]

One person told a complete story. One person came in spewing vaugeness. Guess which one gets believed. Here's a thought, don't start drama you aren't prepared to finish. You did this hoping he had no forum account. heck, you even changed a few details hoping he wouldn't know who you meant. You tried lying and being vague and got caught. This topic will get worse and worse for you. Just stop posting in it.

Or provide us with more popcorn.

Again, you only know what you have been told.Funny he knew exactly which server, guild and players i was talking about being so vague.How can say im lying ,when you have 0 facts.I asked for advice, and agreed with the first 5 replies.It is you and those like you that start the drama.I sure hope your RL job don't involve making vital national security decisions based on information.

Again, you only know what you have been told.Funny he knew exactly which server, guild and players i was talking about being so vague.How can say im lying ,when you have 0 facts.I asked for advice, and agreed with the first 5 replies.It is you and those like you that start the drama.I sure hope your RL job don't involve making vital national security decisions based on information.
    I know two simple truths. First, that you were intentionally vague to hide the truth which to me implies you know you are guilty. Second, I have experience running with Tiagarit and his friends. I know what he is like and he is not what you make him out to be.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

[QUOTE=TTHJR;5165333]
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post

Funny he knew exactly which server, guild and players i was talking about being so vague.
    FWIW, you are not making the distinction between vague to the general readership and vague to someone who was there.

Clearly, you left enough clues to indicate to the person you originally posted about.

For those of us who weren't there, you were being rather vague. Maybe for a reason, maybe not. Just pointing out the difference in perception between those were there and those of us who were not.

Regardless of what happened, its a toolbag move to come to the forums and start this thread. Get over it.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

[QUOTE=AzB;5165361]

FWIW, you are not making the distinction between vague to the general readership and vague to someone who was there.

Clearly, you left enough clues to indicate to the person you originally posted about.

For those of us who weren't there, you were being rather vague. Maybe for a reason, maybe not. Just pointing out the difference in perception between those were there and those of us who were not.

ok.

This conflict is based on an earlier discussion about dps pally between me and T.When i mean earlier, i mean like 6 months to a year ago, 2 tr's for me.

I didn't give it much thought or take it to heart.Didn't even remember the conversation until i was declined for a raid and he pm asking me if i remember him.This is when he told me that my guild and i where blacklisted.So i laughed at him before squelching.He had his guild leader to pm then stating the obvious.When i ask this guild leader why would you blacklist a guild because of two members arguement.Her/His reply was very brief filled with curses and insults, so i squelched Her/Him also.

I started this thread for advice about squelching the guild completely.

Now does this help you any with your perception?

This thread can be closed, because squelching those two basically squelched the whole guild.

Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    This is an absolutely great thread. Well done OP great messaging to the devs here. The paladin class is poorly done in DDO. Will they fix it no, but I would love for paladin to be the new ghostbane. Throw it in the devs faces and maybe you will get some changes who knows.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    You should try caring less - it works for me. Ignore it, move on.

Besides, 11 members level 43? Really? Did they just start?
    ^^ My first thought lol
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

This thread can be closed, because squelching those two basically squelched the whole guild.
    You started it...Now reap the Whirlwind!

P.S. STOP Digging!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    You started it...Now reap the Whirlwind!

P.S. STOP Digging!
    Hmm, IQ 's are dropping.No, not Inspired Quarter.

Community Member

Hmm, IQ 's are dropping.No, not Inspired Quarter.
    The kind of comment that makes it easy to understand why someone would remember and exclude someone 6 months or a year later.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    The kind of comment that makes it easy to understand why someone would remember and exclude someone 6 months or a year later.
    Yes i agree, now i'm just taking more advice about not being nice and not caring so much.So anymore comments from goobers that only read one reply out of 57?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast