Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default Help!I've been blacklisted by a lvl 43 guild with 11 members

    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?

  2. #2
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    You will need to nuke this guild from orbit.... Its the only way to be sure.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  3. #3
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Yip. Squelch and ignore him.

    Lose zero sleep over it. If you were being a moron then they wouldn't want to quest with you anyway. If they're all morons then you wouldn't want to quest with them anyway. No harm done.

    11 members is tiny for a guild, it will make zero impact on your questing experience.

  4. #4
    Community Member Draxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Time to throw gasoline on your toons and toss a match on your way to another server.

    Seriously though - 11 members? You're good. Unless of course you're on Wayfinder. Then do the above.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    No need to panic. You just encountered a jerk not someone that will actually impede your ability to get into raids or quests.

    My experience is that these people make threats to so many people that they can't even remember all the people they've blacklisted.

    The best option is to do nothing.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default yeah

    Ive ****ed off gigantic guilds by proving their ranking members wrong in open chat on various subjects, but I have no problem getting groups when I choose to. Youll get harasses a bit occasionally, I even got banned once for telling a guy to f off when I was questing with my son and he kept harassing me. Id squelch him, hed create another account and continue harassing, he had friends harass etc. All because I proved him wrong and embarrassed him.

    But still, no problem getting groups, even with a gigantic list of idiots I wont group with, no problem getting groups.

    Ignore the idiots. (assuming you aren't the idiot in this situation).

  7. #7
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    You should try caring less - it works for me. Ignore it, move on.

    Besides, 11 members level 43? Really? Did they just start?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  8. #8
    Community Member tkscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    That little French speaking bit in Switzerland
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Just to chime in with the previous responses:

    Squelch and move on. If you continue to have problems from alts or guild mates, use the report button, than squelch, than move on.

    If this doesn't work,

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    You will need to nuke this guild from orbit.... Its the only way to be sure.
    is always a solution.
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    I'm still raising the bar on gimpness one day at a time.

  9. #9
    Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery
    Shadow7375's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hiding behind a rice bag
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    You should try caring less - it works for me. Ignore it, move on.
    ^^ This

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    by opening a thread about it you seem more pitiless than they might ever be

  11. #11
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    is this the correct thing to do?
    Yep.
    53461

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default Pitiless?

    Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    by opening a thread about it you seem more pitiless than they might ever be
    Maybe i should add guild and player names.But i won't. I agree with the majority of the replies and thanks.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Yip. Squelch and ignore him.

    Lose zero sleep over it. If you were being a moron then they wouldn't want to quest with you anyway. If they're all morons then you wouldn't want to quest with them anyway. No harm done.

    11 members is tiny for a guild, it will make zero impact on your questing experience.
    Depending on the guild, it might improve your experience LOL!

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,710

    Default nope

    you should not add guild and player names, lol.

    for one thing youll get banned.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    I only blacklist people after repeated runs with a person continuously proving that they are not just "not elite" but in fact awful.
    Or someone who intentionally does stuff like ignore gather mechanics or AFK just before a gather mechanic. That's a good way to annoy me.

  16. #16
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    As proud leader of the Anti Paladin League on Khyber, I concur there is no pally dps. Please spay or neuter your pallys and re-roll to a useful class!

    PS it couldn't be us as we wouldnt curse or name call. Anyone seeking to defend pallies is already beyond help. nana nana boo boo's won't do a thing.

  17. #17
    The Hatchery Paleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stormreach Sewers
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    While it can hurt when someone is mean, this is expected on the internet, and the best solution is to squelch and move on. Lowest cost to you and easiest boon to your sanity. An eleven person guild is, despite shrinking server sizes, still pretty small in the scheme of things and shouldn't impact your game-play as long as you let it go.

    However, if they make the mistake of harassing you via tells or swearing and name calling as previously mentioned, you can report the members, because this type of behavior should be punished through proper channels.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

  18. #18
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    The topic of a dps pally?

    Whether or not you did the right thing depends on whether you were for or against

  19. #19
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,988

    Default

    The whole story isn't told here so no idea if it was the right thing to do. What does it matter how many members are in a guild and what level the guild is? Does it support your argument?

  20. #20
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    The whole story isn't told here so no idea if it was the right thing to do.
    That is the impression I got as well. Without being able to see the conversation it is hard to know if the OP was simply insulted for having a different opinion or if he asked for it by provoking the others. Just not enough info to make an accurate opinion of whether the OP is in the right or not.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload