Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Help!I've been blacklisted by a lvl 43 guild with 11 members

Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Seems the leader of this guild blacklisted me and my guild because of the topic of dps pally i discussed with a member of his.I tried talking to this leader, but all i got was cursing and name calling so i squelched him and all of his guild members.is this the correct thing to do?
    You will need to nuke this guild from orbit.... Its the only way to be sure.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Yip. Squelch and ignore him.

Lose zero sleep over it. If you were being a moron then they wouldn't want to quest with you anyway. If they're all morons then you wouldn't want to quest with them anyway. No harm done.

11 members is tiny for a guild, it will make zero impact on your questing experience.

Time to throw gasoline on your toons and toss a match on your way to another server.

Seriously though - 11 members? You're good. Unless of course you're on Wayfinder. Then do the above.

Community Member

No need to panic. You just encountered a jerk not someone that will actually impede your ability to get into raids or quests.

My experience is that these people make threats to so many people that they can't even remember all the people they've blacklisted.

The best option is to do nothing.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Default yeah

Ive ****ed off gigantic guilds by proving their ranking members wrong in open chat on various subjects, but I have no problem getting groups when I choose to. Youll get harasses a bit occasionally, I even got banned once for telling a guy to f off when I was questing with my son and he kept harassing me. Id squelch him, hed create another account and continue harassing, he had friends harass etc. All because I proved him wrong and embarrassed him.

But still, no problem getting groups, even with a gigantic list of idiots I wont group with, no problem getting groups.

Ignore the idiots. (assuming you aren't the idiot in this situation).

You should try caring less - it works for me. Ignore it, move on.

Besides, 11 members level 43? Really? Did they just start?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

That little French speaking bit in Switzerland

Just to chime in with the previous responses:

Squelch and move on. If you continue to have problems from alts or guild mates, use the report button, than squelch, than move on.

If this doesn't work,

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    You will need to nuke this guild from orbit.... Its the only way to be sure.
    is always a solution.
    Let's be honest: you don't care who my alts are.
    I'm still raising the bar on gimpness one day at a time.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    You should try caring less - it works for me. Ignore it, move on.
    ^^ This

Community Member

by opening a thread about it you seem more pitiless than they might ever be

is this the correct thing to do?
    Yep.

Community Member

Default Pitiless?

Quote Originally Posted by garlor View Post
    by opening a thread about it you seem more pitiless than they might ever be
    Maybe i should add guild and player names.But i won't. I agree with the majority of the replies and thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Yip. Squelch and ignore him.

Lose zero sleep over it. If you were being a moron then they wouldn't want to quest with you anyway. If they're all morons then you wouldn't want to quest with them anyway. No harm done.

11 members is tiny for a guild, it will make zero impact on your questing experience.
    Depending on the guild, it might improve your experience LOL!

Community Member

Default nope

you should not add guild and player names, lol.

for one thing youll get banned.

Community Member

I only blacklist people after repeated runs with a person continuously proving that they are not just "not elite" but in fact awful.
    Or someone who intentionally does stuff like ignore gather mechanics or AFK just before a gather mechanic. That's a good way to annoy me.

As proud leader of the Anti Paladin League on Khyber, I concur there is no pally dps. Please spay or neuter your pallys and re-roll to a useful class!

PS it couldn't be us as we wouldnt curse or name call. Anyone seeking to defend pallies is already beyond help. nana nana boo boo's won't do a thing.

While it can hurt when someone is mean, this is expected on the internet, and the best solution is to squelch and move on. Lowest cost to you and easiest boon to your sanity. An eleven person guild is, despite shrinking server sizes, still pretty small in the scheme of things and shouldn't impact your game-play as long as you let it go.

However, if they make the mistake of harassing you via tells or swearing and name calling as previously mentioned, you can report the members, because this type of behavior should be punished through proper channels.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

The topic of a dps pally?

Whether or not you did the right thing depends on whether you were for or against

The whole story isn't told here so no idea if it was the right thing to do. What does it matter how many members are in a guild and what level the guild is? Does it support your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    The whole story isn't told here so no idea if it was the right thing to do.
    That is the impression I got as well. Without being able to see the conversation it is hard to know if the OP was simply insulted for having a different opinion or if he asked for it by provoking the others. Just not enough info to make an accurate opinion of whether the OP is in the right or not.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast