Community Member

Default Bard PL's and Fatesinger

Does Past Life: Bardic Dilettante which gives inspire courage allow you to use some of the song options from Fatesinger?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Off0707 View Post
    Does Past Life: Bardic Dilettante which gives inspire courage allow you to use some of the song options from Fatesinger?
    Fatesinger itself gives you songs:

Fatesinger's Repertoire (1st core ability granted automatically when you take fatesinger): For every level of Fatesinger, gain 2 Songs, +3 sonic resistance and 25 Spell Points. If you didn't have Inspire Courage gain that feat.

I just finished maxing it on my Ginsu build and had 12 songs available to me with no bard PL and no bard levels. On a side note, it's a pretty good melee DPS destiny: I was +10 to hit, +9 damage, +12 damage with ranged, +1 boost, +4 tactical DCs, +4 or better to saves, +reign, +turn the tide. It's not LD or FotW, but still pretty darned good (good enough to use on EE for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post

Fatesinger's Repertoire (1st core ability granted automatically when you take fatesinger): For every level of Fatesinger, gain 2 Songs, +3 sonic resistance and 25 Spell Points. If you didn't have Inspire Courage gain that feat.

I just finished maxing it on my Ginsu build and had 12 songs available to me with no bard PL and no bard levels. On a side note, it's a pretty good melee DPS destiny: I was +10 to hit, +9 damage, +12 damage with ranged, +1 boost, +4 tactical DCs, +4 or better to saves, +reign, +turn the tide. It's not LD or FotW, but still pretty darned good (good enough to use on EE for me).
    Just a minor addition to this:
    You need at least Rank in the Perform skill though to use the granted Inspire Courage.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    You need at least Rank in the Perform skill though to use the granted Inspire Courage.
    I don't believe this is true. I'm on a Ginsu life (12F/6R/2M), I don't have any ranks in perform and still used inspire and other abilities in the tree.

Definitely not true. I started my first epic destiny on a pure wizard life in Fatesinger, with no Perform at all. Had no issues using any of the song abilities granted.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Definitely not true. I started my first epic destiny on a pure wizard life in Fatesinger, with no Perform at all. Had no issues using any of the song abilities granted.
    Weird. I couldn't use the granted inspire courage (I'm not talking about the other songs in fatesinger. They worked for me). Clicked on it and nothing ever happened. Meanwhile I've done an epic TR and put 1 point in perform to prevent it for the rare times I run fatesinger so can't test it again.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post

For how long did the songs last? Especially the Inspire Courage and Reign
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)