Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: U20 Tomorrow?

  1. #1
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default U20 Tomorrow?

    From reading some threads, it seems that U20 was scheduled for Nov. 12 and Massively let it leak.

    This seems odd to me, because usually they've advertised in advance of when Updates are coming. However, after the big noise we made about the Saga Commendations, perhaps they just wanted to sneak this one by us?


    If we are actually going to get the Raiders Box, then this was our last weekend to get our toons through raids or TR to qualify for it. Keep in mind that Chronoscope and Tempest's Spine don't qualify.

    Anyone reading this should use what's left of the day to qualify or help friends and guildies qualify.

  2. #2
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    This seems odd to me, because usually they've advertised in advance of when Updates are coming.
    Closest thing so far has been Massively leaking the release date.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    A dev has confirmed that it is scheduled for the 12th.

  4. #4
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    First thing was Massively leaking the release date.
    Fixed that for you.

    It was announced in Fridays chronicle and we got the official downtime message. Over four hours ago.

    But yeah not a lot of hype or advanced notice for this update.

  5. #5
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It was announced in Fridays chronicle and we got the official downtime message. Over four hours ago.
    I almost never bother reading news sites related to DDO. Only reason I knew about Massively is due to a link in a thread. Likewise with the chronicles. They're not worth my time unless someone links to them for a specific reason.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    I almost never bother reading news sites related to DDO. Only reason I knew about Massively is due to a link in a thread. Likewise with the chronicles. They're not worth my time unless someone links to them for a specific reason.
    They're both on the official website. To say massively was the closest thing to an official announcement is incredibly misleading.

  7. #7
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    To say massively was the closest thing to an official announcement is incredibly misleading.
    Very few people bother with the website for news of downtime as the launcher usually mentions it. At the time I posted that the launcher was not stating anything.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  8. #8
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Good way to bicker over the details instead of the point guys, bravo!

    At the time I posted this thread there was nothing in the launcher either. Which still doesn't approach the point.


    Usually there's a big splash page notification for big updates. As I said, they actually advertise updtates especially ones that make significant changes to the game. And these are usually done at least a week before the update is scheduled.

    Not this time.

    Would they have even put it in the news thingy if Massively hadn't leaked? Or were they trying to keep attention away from this?




    Anyway, make sure y'all help your friends get their Raiders Boxes, m'kay? Then come back and bicker.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    On Sarlona people claim to have inside info that it will be changed to the 20th.

    I am not sure how reliable their info is.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  10. #10
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    On Sarlona people claim to have inside info that it will be changed to the 20th.

    I am not sure how reliable their info is.
    You'll know for sure in less than 24 hours
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  11. #11

    Default

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...th#post5164333


    Default Scheduled Server Downtime: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) Tuesday, November 12th



    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Tuesday, November 12th from 7:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT) to launch Update 20. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!


    Last edited by Cordovan; 11-11-2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: patching the notes sentence.



    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Note: I may not be able to respond to all PMs received. Thank you for your patience!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+
    Find me on: Twitter Google+

    Support the Turbine-Powered Moustaches this Movember!



    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,933

    Default Nice things, and why we can't have them...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Anyway, make sure y'all help your friends get their Raiders Boxes, m'kay?
    And people wonder why we don't see more "To make up for our oops, we're doing this..." The Raiders Box was intended to make up for the borked raid counters a while back, and any toon effected likely qualifies w/o any additional effort needed. Now everybody's breaking out any alt that qualifys for a raid, even if it hasn't been played for ages just to pike a Reavers' or Shroud and get a free CitW weapon regardless of wether it was ever effected by the "oops" in question.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  13. #13
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden;5164604[B
    ]On Sarlona people claim to have inside info that it will be changed to the 20th.[/B]

    I am not sure how reliable their info is.
    Anyone claiming they have 'inside' info should be your first clue that they are full of BS.

    At least you will know that those that gave you this 'info' are not to be trusted tomorrow.

    So there is that.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  14. #14
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Good way to bicker over the details instead of the point guys, bravo!

    At the time I posted this thread there was nothing in the launcher either. Which still doesn't approach the point.


    Usually there's a big splash page notification for big updates. As I said, they actually advertise updtates especially ones that make significant changes to the game. And these are usually done at least a week before the update is scheduled.

    Not this time.

    Would they have even put it in the news thingy if Massively hadn't leaked? Or were they trying to keep attention away from this?


    Anyway, make sure y'all help your friends get their Raiders Boxes, m'kay? Then come back and bicker.




    You posted at 4.50pm.

    Launcher post about the Downtime was at 16.16.38, and that is 4.16pm.

    I can see how you were not able to tell the correct time.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  15. #15
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    You posted at 4.50pm.

    Launcher post about the Downtime was at 16.16.38, and that is 4.16pm.

    I can see how you were not able to tell the correct time.
    Hmm...cause his OP was posted at 1:23 my time, or 3:23 EST. Nice try, no cigar.

  16. #16
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    On Sarlona people claim to have inside info that it will be changed to the 20th.

    I am not sure how reliable their info is.
    Grief attempts are rarely reliable info.

    The same person is spewing that stuff in 2 different channels, and he will attempt to feed off the tears of those who didnt get their raid box tomorrow.

    If you didnt hear it froma Turbine employee, dont believe the hype.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  17. #17
    Community Member Bimbelbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    On Sarlona people claim to have inside info that it will be changed to the 20th.

    I am not sure how reliable their info is.
    Hmmm ... 8 day downtime?

    Well, I also was worried about them not announcing it properly:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-the-launcher

    Met some people today in-game who were not very amused about the short notification...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    People are absolutely working on it at the moment.

  18. #18
    Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    And people wonder why we don't see more "To make up for our oops, we're doing this..." The Raiders Box was intended to make up for the borked raid counters a while back, and any toon effected likely qualifies w/o any additional effort needed. Now everybody's breaking out any alt that qualifys for a raid, even if it hasn't been played for ages just to pike a Reavers' or Shroud and get a free CitW weapon regardless of wether it was ever effected by the "oops" in question.
    Well said! "+" loads and loads
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Grief attempts are rarely reliable info.

    The same person is spewing that stuff in 2 different channels, and he will attempt to feed off the tears of those who didnt get their raid box tomorrow.

    If you didnt hear it froma Turbine employee, dont believe the hype.
    This actually makes alot of sense considering some of the things I've seen in the channels lately. Thank you.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    And people wonder why we don't see more "To make up for our oops, we're doing this..." The Raiders Box was intended to make up for the borked raid counters a while back, and any toon effected likely qualifies w/o any additional effort needed. Now everybody's breaking out any alt that qualifys for a raid, even if it hasn't been played for ages just to pike a Reavers' or Shroud and get a free CitW weapon regardless of wether it was ever effected by the "oops" in question.
    Yes, and that's great!

    Anything that helps bring peeps back into the game is a great idea, whether peeps deserve a raid box or not. And I'm in line with the OP on this one, the update and raiders box info should have been in the launcher and splash screen a week ago.

    It seems DDO missed a great PR opportunity here. All I can say is Fail. Again. and Again.

    ...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

    Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload