Community Member obscure.jester's Avatar

Cool A great achievement in elite ToD

from an initial project of 3men Elite ToD (well, actually a lady, an horc and a darthpike), we ended up in a team of 7, the lady, the horc, the darthpike, 2 toasters and 2 men - [quote]

killed suulo, killed horoth (twice, a dude died via stun somehow), we open the chests.
    and here is what we get.

of course we all rolled for that awesome reward, leaving krusty the clown ring rotting in chest but sadly there can be only one winner...

elite rewards: improving everyday.
    I fail better than anyone else

wow just wow....nerfed those chests, better yet they have been ghostbaned.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    wow just wow....nerfed those chests, better yet they have been ghostbaned.
    Thats not a bound raid tome. Its just a standard unbound +2 tome.

They have always been in the regular treasure tables for ToD.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

same is true for +1 shortswords but never seen any in a chest with ml above 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

That chest was always +1 loot, and so from U12 to U19 at least it would have dropped +3 tomes. (Or 3-to-4 upgrades once they were added).

I believe the tome drops were ghostbaned in U19, however, and so level 23 loot now drops +2s.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    That chest was always +1 loot, and so from U12 to U19 at least it would have dropped +3 tomes. (Or 3-to-4 upgrades once they were added).I believe the tome drops were ghostbaned in U19, however, and so level 23 loot now drops +2s.
    exactly that tome should at least be +3...used to drop +4 tomes. I wonder if the 20th reward list still offers +4 tomes?

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

exactly that tome should at least be +3...used to drop +4 tomes. I wonder if the 20th reward list still offers +4 tomes?
    For me it never did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

never seen a +4 tome on a 20 completion in ToD so far but i've seen a bunch of +3 in end chests for normal and hard difficulty. on elite i've often seen some +4 both in end chests than nythirios chest (got my first +4 tome ever in nyth indeed, +4 INT around 1.5 years ago) and a guildie pulled another +4 from same chest (always on elite, different run).
    now, whatever the drop rate might have been changed or not, a +2 tome is just... weird.
    sure is a powerful item but still ML7. what one knows, if we find ML7 loot in elite lev 22 raids then there's something totally wrong in the conceptions of loot.

Default My guess is there was a loot weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by obscure.jester View Post
    killed suulo, killed horoth (twice, a dude died via stun somehow), we open the chests.and here is what we get.elite rewards: improving everyday.
    When there is a loot bonus, and possibly a loot gem burning as well, your loot will upgrade. A stack of 20 +5holy arrows might mutate in to a low level returning throwing weapon. Because they are on the same loot line! I've seen this happen while farming for tomes during loot weekends. There is a min lvl 5 returner in a lvl 27 chest. An old old school guy we call god told me the reason.

TOD has always dropped two things.

A chance at raid loot (rings and +4 tomes in Horoth chest, +4 tomes and Shroud mats in Suulo chest), and guaranteed random loot. This +2 tome replaced the "+4 Flaming Shortsword of Ghostbane" that might have been in the chest, not a +4 tome.

20th rewards should have a low chance at +4 BtC tomes, 4-to-5 BtC upgrade tomes, and some form of skill tome (probably 3-to-4 upgrades but I'm not sure on this one).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.