Default Please allow us to withdraw a party join request or to leave a group while in dungeon

Please allow us to withdraw a party join request or to leave a group while in dungeon if noone else is in the same dungeon as you.

It happened again today:

I requested to join a party. Did not hear anything from the party leader. Went to do few other quests solo and about an hour later when I had put up a LFM for bloody crypt and was in progress he suddenly accepted me for some other run he was going to do.

Then he proceeded to ignore me. So I could not get others to join the run to farm it..

So please allow us to withdraw party join requests, time them out after 10-15 minutes or allow us to leave party if no one else of the party is in the same dungeon.

I can understand why leaving when others are in the same dungeon is not a good idea... But why are we forced to be in their party is a situation that I described?

It has now happened a few times.. and each time is as annoying as the previous.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

This would be nice, I agree.

A work-around until it gets implemented might be to get a cheap hire for making your own party, that should cancel the join request, shouldn't it?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    This would be nice, I agree.

A work-around until it gets implemented might be to get a cheap hire for making your own party, that should cancel the join request, shouldn't it?
    I believe this does work. At the least, it would fail to join you to their party as it would report you are already in a party.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Please allow us to withdraw a party join request or to leave a group while in dungeon if noone else is in the same dungeon as you.
    /signed
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Another fix is to simply relog. If enough time passes and you decide you no longer want in that party then just quickly log out and back in again.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

You could report them for harassment. What else could it really be?
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

There's also the option to uncheck "accept Party requests" in the Options under UI Settings tab... that if enough time passes on your request to join and you don't want in that group, it should auto-decline the invite.

Don't believe unchecking it would affect outgoing invites from you for your own LFM or anyone else you try to invite, I'm sure you could test this with friends/guildmates to see if that works... just would need to remember to check it back on afterwards.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Another fix is to simply relog. If enough time passes and you decide you no longer want in that party then just quickly log out and back in again.
    This was not always the case - did it change? I remember requesting an eChrono spot, finding out they were full, switching through a bunch of mules, coming back to my main, and like 10 minutes later finally being accepted when the held spot fell through.
    Recently completed a very slow Completionist adventure, playing each class until I was bored. My son (Henry) randomly picked the next class from the ones I hadn't done yet.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Or the other option not mentioned, just stay in the dungeon doing your thing!

An old method to "counter grief" blind invites for LFM's/raids you didn't ask to do on your hjealor. Go into a quest or raid zone then go AFK for a while!

But I agree, there should be an "opt out" option for the LFM panel. At least a time out timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

they would break 50 other things. dont confuse the interns

This has been in DDO since the start, Even when you click on a different LFM if you watch you will still see either being rejected because group is full or already in a party message.

It would be nice if that once you join a party or enter a Quest (not explorer area) that you would no longer be available.

But there is already a problem. Removing a person from the JOIN request window could potentially be simple, removing the message with the hot links from the chat window would be the problem.

I would love for the ability to remove your request, or at least a way to give us an accept or deny message after we have entered another quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    This has been in DDO since the start, Even when you click on a different LFM if you watch you will still see either being rejected because group is full or already in a party message.

It would be nice if that once you join a party or enter a Quest (not explorer area) that you would no longer be available.

But there is already a problem. Removing a person from the JOIN request window could potentially be simple, removing the message with the hot links from the chat window would be the problem.

I would love for the ability to remove your request, or at least a way to give us an accept or deny message after we have entered another quest.
    This, there should be a double back check if you meanwhile went to do something else, which would also solve the issue with the hot links in the chat window.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    You could report them for harassment. What else could it really be?
    Could be they were AFK or otherwise missed the join request and lacked knowledge of how to detach the join request window, where the join requests are impossible to miss.

Alternatively (and this has happened to me lots of times; I haven't been able to figure out the buggy mechanic behind it), they were the host of a "phantom LFM," those LFMs with no leader. When that's happened to me, when I log on again hours later, it'll have my LFM up while I'm doing quick chores waiting on the loading. I've actually had people click on them and give up on me; I felt so bad I had to send them mail afterwards apologising.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Try the command
    /tell

A lot of DDO players are very understanding with a bit of diplomacy?

Would be nice if we could withdraw, because some people lack manners or are too shy to decline.

Aye...

Unless it makes mushrooms and doors broken again...

this has already been asked a couple times
    don't get your hopes up =\
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

As to using a hireling or logging out: Logging out and back in does not seem to help, no idea about using hirelings, but would likely help though having to use a hireling just to stop this seems.. silly.

And yes I am not holding my breath on a fix..

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    As to using a hireling or logging out: Logging out and back in does not seem to help, no idea about using hirelings, but would likely help though having to use a hireling just to stop this seems.. silly.

And yes I am not holding my breath on a fix..
    I long ago got into the habit of waiting no more than 30 seconds after hitting an LFM - If no answer I'd simply move on and as I regularly use hirelings I can guarantee that you do indeed count as being "In Party" already when and if they do finally accept you.

P.S. There has been times when I've hit an LFM, Got no answer, Carried on regardless and found myself in a group 30 mins later {I was however in Public at the time NOT in Quest.}.

I agree with the OP though - This LFM issue is too much of a Griefing tool and needs to be fixed.

Suggestions:

1) Simply add a timer to all LFM hits - If Leader doesn't reply {either by Accepting, Declining or Sending a Tell} within 3 Minutes then Request Expires.

2) Allow Withdrawal of Join Requests - We've all hit the wrong LFM before.

3) Reset the asinine default level ranges that confer a -50% xp penalty on those at the lowest level of that range when a player of the highest lvl in the range enters quest.
    This is a Newbie Trap!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    3) Reset the asinine default level ranges that confer a -50% xp penalty on those at the lowest level of that range when a player of the highest lvl in the range enters quest.
    This is a Newbie Trap!
    Oh, yes please this one in addition to the ones I asked for.