Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Just put the loot mechanic back the way it was at the beginning of MOTU, but include the augments. Most of us would be happy
    This!

Appreciate the open communication Feather and some stuff there looks nice/cool!

But plz plz plz plz get rid of the generic (and in some areas way OP compared to named/raid loot) prefs and suffixes.

ANd if possible let us get some of the really fun/weird/situational/multi effect hi level suff/pref from pre-19. like thousand suns, mangling etc.

Thanks for the update. I like the simple style. Rock on!
    There is no free lunch.

Really appreciate the communication! Hope it'll continue.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I think healing amp items should be reworked like dodge. Higher values on individual items, but non-stacking. It is the last weirdly stacking type of item left in the game. Make them fit.

Oh, and also make them work with repairs (if WF) and negative energy (if undead).
    i like your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Madja View Post
    Really appreciate the communication! Hope it'll continue.
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I think healing amp items should be reworked like dodge. Higher values on individual items, but non-stacking. It is the last weirdly stacking type of item left in the game. Make them fit.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the 10/20/30 amp items changed to non-stacking 25/50/75. (Wearing a 10, 20 & 30 right now gets you 71.6%.)

I'd still want for human/monk/pally enhancements, pally past life, ship buff and finger necklace to continue to stack like they do now, though, so I'm not sure how much changing the way item amp stacks would help streamline amp stacking.

We also have absorption stacking the way amp does, so it's not like amp stands alone.

Maybe you should just change the augments to be higher for spell DCs instead of making them stack?
    Redo them so at lvl 28 we have +5 dc augments?
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 11-11-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Founder

As TheRobai mentioned in this post: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5163579

there is a huge problem with suffix effects always being the same at a certain level to the detriment of the prefix ability stat. I don't know how many <Ability> of <Effect> items I've sold to the pawnbrokers because the +Ability stat was way too low for the level of the item.

When are the Devil's Assault augments returning?

(Demon's Ruin, Devils ruin, etc)
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

For the communication and the work you put in, a sincere THANK YOU.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the loot system getting some fresh life infused, it will bring some fun back into the game, which is always good.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    • Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
    • Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)
    When you do put this in place, please make sure that the two effects on each of those happen independently instead of having the negative level trigger and then the temp HP/SP happen only if the negative level takes place. There are many occasions when the negative level can be avoided/prevented/negated and I would hate to see these effects be considered undesirable because the temp HP/SP fail to proc due to the negative level failing to take place.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    HEALING AMP AS YELLOW!!!!!

Please.
    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

I mean +1

like the new red augments
    but
    until you fix the bug on old alchemical handwraps, where you can not upgrade their red slot with the cleansing ritual, i will not be able to use the new red augments.
    please fix this bug.
    member of DWAT: BODHISATTVA / BREAKBEATZ / DOSEONE / DROFFSKI / EARASAMUS / ISMIST / NEOSPORING / NYOSH / NYOSHIS / THEDANCING / TONES

Community Member

Feather, could you use one of your updates to explain the new tome drop rates please?

Prior to U19 you explained in great detail exactly what the rules were for stat tome drops. This led to a lot of people playing long hours indeed! Now no one tries anymore. What happened to the +4 tomes?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    HEALING AMP AS YELLOW!!!!!

Please.
    The Troll has spoken; all hail The Troll...

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Community Member

Deleted.
    Last edited by UrbanPyro; 04-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    ~Aetherierlla~ | ~Alioria~ | ~Ausla~ | ~Blitzclank~ | ~Boomclank~ | ~Sputtering~
    Endgame; Sarlona

Might I request a "ghost touch" ruby augment? I don't care what level it is or how rare it is so long as it is available. You've already made something similar with the Ghostbane augment that came with Mabar this year, but there are other incorporeal creatures out there besides undead. You might also add in a "ghostly" yellow augment which grants the same benefits as the "ghostly" ability which appears on some named loot. Obviously the latter should be less common as it is more powerful, but it would be incredibly handy.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Might I request a "ghostbane" ruby augment?
    Fixed it.

Undead Bane and Ghost Touch have been added to form the dreaded Ghostbane.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member ComfortablyNumb's Avatar

As I found this thread both informative and helpful I have bug reported it to be sure it is wai

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    • Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
    • Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)
    I made this comment in the other thread, just hope you'll see it., FoS.

1 negative level is useless against Epic Ward. These suffixes will have no place in Epic Hard or Epic Elite content. Epic Ward causes the neg to be regenned too quickly so they'll never stack. Either "On Vorpal" or the amount drained would need to change.

I'm not positive how you're using Vorpal here. Do you mean a natural 20, or a natural 20 that's confirmed as a critical hit? I've seen effects conform to either, tho only the latter is technically correct. On Crit ranges too wildly for it to be costed accurately. On Natural 20 is a flat 5% proc-rate. On vorpal is typically 4.7% proc rate.

Changing to d3 negs would probably be the most consistent way to balance this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast